PDA

View Full Version : moon landing...real or fake

annemarie482
20-Jul-09, 19:18
i'm chucking the cat among the pigeons here.......

today is forty years since the first "moon landing"
did it really happen? whats your opinion?

personally i don't believe it at all!

bettedaviseyes
20-Jul-09, 19:23
i think its :roll:fake:roll:

lister
20-Jul-09, 19:39
Too many theories and a blanket of alleged facts and pictures, who knows now??

Connor.
20-Jul-09, 19:56
I think it was faked, look at the superiority "image" they got for being the first?

They had everything to benefit by faking it.

Mrs Bucket
20-Jul-09, 19:59
Fake Fake Fake

Kevin Milkins
20-Jul-09, 19:59
Not sure. I would like to think it was true and remember the event well, but you would think forty years on you would have a bus trip going there by now.

redeyedtreefrog
20-Jul-09, 20:06
Not sure. I would like to think it was true and remember the event well, but you would think forty years on you would have a bus trip going there by now.

It's only forty years, and the trip cost 30 billion dollars or something, nobody predicted normal people could go there in 40 years. And generally, people who think the moon landing was faked are regarded as idiots and a bit nuts.

Alan16
20-Jul-09, 20:07
I can't believe that people seriously think it was a hoax.

The Wikipedia article on the conspiracy theory is informative - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Moon_Landing_hoax_conspiracy_theories#Speci fic_hoax_claims_examined

Also, so is this page - http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

And if you still believe it didn't happen I think you just want to be controversial. There is no clear evidence supporting your position, yet lots of information which suggests that the landing happened.

Mrs Bucket
20-Jul-09, 20:23
I can't believe that people seriously think it was a hoax.

The Wikipedia article on the conspiracy theory is informative - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Moon_Landing_hoax_conspiracy_theories#Speci fic_hoax_claims_examined

Also, so is this page - http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

And if you still believe it didn't happen I think you just want to be controversial. There is no clear evidence supporting your position, yet lots of information which suggests that the landing happened.
What real proof is there that it really happened.

Pouleriscaig
20-Jul-09, 20:32
The current Lunar Orbiter has imaged the original landing sight only very recently and remnants of the landing can still be seen.

Rheghead
20-Jul-09, 20:37
If it was fake then I would have thought Russia, least of all, would have found out about it and discredited the US.

tonkatojo
20-Jul-09, 21:11
The current Lunar Orbiter has imaged the original landing sight only very recently and remnants of the landing can still be seen.

Where did you see this have you got a link I would love to see this.

tonkatojo
20-Jul-09, 21:12
If it was fake then I would have thought Russia, least of all, would have found out about it and discredited the US.

Never thought of that Rheg, good point.

Alan16
20-Jul-09, 21:27
What real proof is there that it really happened.

I don't believe the burden of proof lies with me. All the evidence, as far as I can see, points to the event having happened, none of it points to it having not happened.

David Banks
20-Jul-09, 21:47
I just can't see it being a fake.

How much of "reported" space exploration are we "supposed" to question?
Satelites for telephones, for direct TV.
And, the network of liars would have to be enormous and watertight.
Lastly, travelling 250,000 miles in a vacuum seems to me to be something that is do-able.

Tristan
20-Jul-09, 21:54
Given the era that it happened in, if there was any hint that it was faked the USSR would have blown it all over the news.

Serenity
20-Jul-09, 22:59
I do not like how the answers are phrased. I would be answering "Real as all evidence points to it". Not "of course how dare you question it!". I have questioned it and all evidence points to it happening. Therefore I am not voting in the poll as there is no option applicable to me. Typical of the polls on caithness.org. There are no fair options. All are rigged towards personal bias.

annemarie482
20-Jul-09, 23:03
sorry! was trying to keep it casual, not too serious. will try harder next time!

Connor.
21-Jul-09, 01:30

Fair point, although Russians do alot of hand shaking with the US. For example, they are the only nation that's allowed to fly over the infamous "Area 51".

Cedric Farthsbottom III
21-Jul-09, 19:15
I think they did land on the moon.The problem was the cameras they had on the spacesuits,cut off their heads and didnae have dead centre on any of the photos they took.After developing the photos NASA decided that they couldn't use this for the most historical moment in mankind.So they faked the photos for the moon,which led to the conspiracy.The guys on Apollo 11 were pilots/astronauts not photographers.

The Angel Of Death
21-Jul-09, 19:49
Has to be real to much to loose by faking them

Also check out mythbusters episode on the moon landings puts most of them to rest

jacktar
21-Jul-09, 19:58
What else did they fake?Ever seen the film Capricorn One about a fake landing to mars. Makes you think!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
21-Jul-09, 20:01
What else did they fake?Ever seen the film Capricorn One about a fake landing to mars. Makes you think!

Capricorn One was a film.The moon landings was reality.I think the NASA editing of the moon pictures led to the film.I have no links,just ma own plonderings.:D

jacktar
21-Jul-09, 20:04
Yes it did lead to the film being made, but why fake the pictures and who's to say they didn't fake more.

Mrs Bucket
21-Jul-09, 20:10
Yes it did lead to the film being made, but why fake the pictures and who's to say they didn't fake more.
What more can one say

Cedric Farthsbottom III
21-Jul-09, 20:22

They faked the pictures because the first batch were poo.A company has just digitalised Mr Armstrong stepping on the moon cause the quality of the originals was poo.40 years later and the three astronauts,two who landed on the moon are saying,"Don't go back to the moon its been done,go to Mars."Fantastic:D

brandy
21-Jul-09, 23:45
the costs alone for a moon landing are ahemm.. astronomical. for all that how do we know that they havent been back up there in secret *G*
all the things spent on the space program, and the space station just to keep it running.. would not even know how to begin to count the costs!
now that im way off subject.. even though i was not alive back then.. i say yes. i do belive that we landed on the moon.

Tristan
22-Jul-09, 07:37
Fair point, although Russians do alot of hand shaking with the US. For example, they are the only nation that's allowed to fly over the infamous "Area 51".

Perhaps in recent history, back then they would have taken any opportunity they could find to discredit the US.

Moira
22-Jul-09, 23:51
Good topic. Poor poll questions however. I'll keep my answers to myself right now, thanks. :)

Kevin Milkins
23-Jul-09, 00:47
I am not sure what all the fuss is about, because those "in the know", will already be aware that long before the American's got to the moon a Welshman, (Morgan Jones, a pipe fitter from South Wales) built a space rocket that was the first moon landing.
Morgan the Moon (http://americymru.ning.com/video/morgan-the-moon)

oldmarine
23-Jul-09, 00:59
To you dissenters who say it did not happen.... I have personally talked to Astronauts who landed on the moon and I believe them more than I could possibly believe you. It was part of my job while working as an engineer.

northener
23-Jul-09, 08:06
How about a poll asking how many sad conspiracy theorists there are on the .Org?

Gene Hunt
23-Jul-09, 10:26
Dear God.

I spit the dummy and dip out for a few weeks and the IQ level's drop through the floor. I dare anyone to tell Buzz Aldrin that he didnt land on the Moon, you might want to check out what happens to people who do so first though .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOo6aHSY8hU

I'll bet most people who think its fake only think so because some brain donor on the Internet told them so, have they taken the time to research it themselves ??, can they even name one Apollo crew ?? NASA has given up debunking these idiotic theories for one reason only, because it doesnt matter what they prove the conspiracy theorists just call them liars. After all their fantasises dont need proof do they ??, Mythbusters did an episode that proved their accusations false but still they persist.

The LRO recently took this picture of the Apollo 14 site which shows the base of the LEM, scientific instruments and even the tracks made by the Astronauts themselves .. http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2009/17jul_lroc.htm

dietcokegirl
23-Jul-09, 10:54
Nice to see you back Gene!!

Gene Hunt
23-Jul-09, 11:09
Nice to see you back Gene!!

Cheers. I missed you lot. Its no fun with just sane people in your life.

jock leith
23-Jul-09, 11:26
Watched a Programme over in NZ, the first person to examine the Moon Rocks was a Kiwi who worked for NASA.A lot of countries scientists have been allowed access to the Rocks.If they were not genuine the Russians etc would have exposed any scam

JDL;)

lister
23-Jul-09, 18:05
Conspiracy theorists ha,there everywhere!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. "Douglas Adams"

weeboyagee
23-Jul-09, 19:32
The moon is made of cheese - everyone knows that. And the landing was real - I saw it on tele - that makes it real.

WBG :cool:

Anne x
23-Jul-09, 22:35
Green Cheese with wee green men playing the fiddle;)

sids
23-Jul-09, 22:35
"its obviuosly been faked!"

I'm ready to vote!

What does "obviuosly" mean?

Moi x
24-Jul-09, 01:12
Dear God.

I spit the dummy and dip out for a few weeks and the IQ level's drop through the floor. I dare anyone to tell Buzz Aldrin that he didnt land on the Moon, you might want to check out what happens to people who do so first though .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOo6aHSY8hU

I'll bet most people who think its fake only think so because some brain donor on the Internet told them so, have they taken the time to research it themselves ??, can they even name one Apollo crew ?? NASA has given up debunking these idiotic theories for one reason only, because it doesnt matter what they prove the conspiracy theorists just call them liars. After all their fantasises dont need proof do they ??, Mythbusters did an episode that proved their accusations false but still they persist.

The LRO recently took this picture of the Apollo 14 site which shows the base of the LEM, scientific instruments and even the tracks made by the Astronauts themselves .. http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2009/17jul_lroc.htm
Great post.

I wonder how the local conspiracy theorists would react if someone suggested that Dounreay was a hoax and that no electricity had ever been produced by thermonuclear reactions (*) and fed into the National Grid from the PFR.

(*) To the pedants and the know-it-alls, there's no mistake in my post, trust me please. :)

Moi x

northener
24-Jul-09, 09:05
Great post.

I wonder how the local conspiracy theorists would react if someone suggested that Dounreay was a hoax and that no electricity had ever been produced by thermonuclear reactions (*) and fed into the National Grid from the PFR.

(*) To the pedants and the know-it-alls, there's no mistake in my post, trust me please. :)

Moi x

Don't be ridiculous Moi, everyone knows that the Government and the MOD has covered up the real reason behind Dounreays' existance. It's no coincidence that there is a Naval military establishment linked in right next to it and the US Military had a facility nearby....

Gawd help us, I thought everyone was aware of the huge cover-up, do try and keep up.

Moi x
24-Jul-09, 23:46
Don't be ridiculous Moi, everyone knows that the Government and the MOD has covered up the real reason behind Dounreays' existance. It's no coincidence that there is a Naval military establishment linked in right next to it and the US Military had a facility nearby....

Gawd help us, I thought everyone was aware of the huge cover-up, do try and keep up.OMG, I had no idea the MOD were in control of Dounreay. How long has this been going on? Is it connected to the roadsign conspiracy? Are the dreaded Acappella involved? :eek:

Slainte mhath for the heads up!

Moi x

joxville
24-Jul-09, 23:56
OMG, I had no idea the MOD were in control of Dounreay. How long has this been going on? Is it connected to the roadsign conspiracy? Are the dreaded Acapella involved? :eek:

Slainte mhath for the heads up!

Moi x

What have Acapella signers got to do with it...are they Italio/Gaelico people who sing while there signing???? :eek:

Moi x
25-Jul-09, 01:46
OMG, I mis-spelt Acappella. I fear I will find a horse's head in my bed tonight. :eek:

I love Sicily and I love Lewis, honestly, I do, I do, I do.

That declaration of loyalty should keep the even more dreaded Panini off my back.

Moi x

Alan16
25-Jul-09, 02:14
OMG, I mis-spelt Acappella.

3rd time lucky perhaps? It should be spelt "A cappella".

Moi x
25-Jul-09, 02:26
There was no mis-spelling in my second attempt. That's how they spell it and I wouldn't argue with them if I were you. They associate the two-word spelling with Al Qaeda, or is that Al-Qaida or al-Qa'ida?

Dounreay is a hoax. Let's run before they

Alan16
25-Jul-09, 02:31
They are wrong. Now run.