PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

grumpy1
20-Jul-09, 15:08
we got two gorgeous kittens Frankie and Tich..we took frankie home at about 8wks and went back for titch two weeks later...now for two cats who are the same age titch is a lot smaller than her brother in fact to look at her she still only looks about 12wks old....we have tried everything we can to build her up...feeding her by herself (because the older ones just push her out of the way)...worming her increasing her feeds and nothing is making her look like she is growing....she is infact the same old scruffbag we brought home...anyone got any tips on how to build up a weeny kitten....if she doesnt improve soon think a trip to the vet will be in order..

kriklah
20-Jul-09, 17:05
could just be she was the runt of the litter, therefore smaller than her brother to begin with, then also being female may stay smaller than her brother anyway. if shes eating no problem and isnt looking poorly, just give her time and she should fill out with a growth spurt.

my cat had a litter few years ago, i kept 2 and the other 2 went to a couple of neighbours so i see them often. for litter mates they are all very different. my 2, the only male and only short haird female, are both of similar build, what i would call average size, then of the other two girls, both long haird, one is still slinky slim, and the other is a pudding!!

Liz
20-Jul-09, 17:32
I completely agree with what Kriklah has said.

As long as she is healthy don't worry about it. You could try keeping her on kitten food as this has more calories.

My little cat Suzy has always been tiny but she did have a growth spurt a few years back. She still meows like a wee kitten though and she is now 9 years old.:lol:

grumpy1
20-Jul-09, 21:28
thanks guys..yeah she was the runt that was one of the reasons we fell in love with her...
she is pretty lively.. we still got her on 3 feeds a day to make sure she gets enough...
we'll keep on with her and hopefully that growth spurt will come along soon thanks again

teenybash
20-Jul-09, 22:50
She sounds lovely Grumpy and is probably just going to be a weeny one. If she is lively and healthy with plenty energy there is probably nothing to worry about.............lovely you went back for her. :D

grumpy1
20-Jul-09, 23:01
She sounds lovely Grumpy and is probably just going to be a weeny one. If she is lively and healthy with plenty energy there is probably nothing to worry about.............lovely you went back for her. :D

she is a gem..comical and can i just say my cups of tea are fair game now she quite partial to sticking her head in my cup when im not looking...:roll:

grumpy1
09-Aug-09, 21:56
thanks to all who tried to help with my wee dilemma....poor titch went through a phase where eating was impossible and she couldnt keep anything down at all. she lost so much weight and really was very poorly..

well im pleased to report i took her to the vet and she was diagnosed with parasites in her stomach, she recieved some medicine and a special new diet and she is at last on the mend...she now has a little belly and her coat is starting to shine....i now have a happy kitty:Razz

Liz
09-Aug-09, 22:49
I'm sorry to hear that poor wee Titch has been so poorly but really glad that the treatment has worked and she is so much better.

It is great that she is now a happy (and soon to be fat!lol) wee kitty!:lol: