PDA

View Full Version : worried :(

Fantoosh
20-Jul-09, 14:14
ok this is a bit of a weird question. I got up today and I thought i had cystitis but for the past hour or so now ive been managing to go to the toilet a little but it is really sore and Ive noticed blood in it. Every time I try I start feeling really faint like I am going to pass out and I am sick. What do you think it could be? Ive got appointment for doctors tomorrow but a little worried.

cheers

Katy
20-Jul-09, 14:19
Hi,

I'd phone the docs and tell them what is wrong and I am sure they would fit you in today. Better getting it checked out.

Katy xx

Invisible
20-Jul-09, 14:19
I'm no Doctor but somehow I thought that it could be stress related.
Other than that synopsis I dont know.

Stefan
20-Jul-09, 14:43
What you describe does sound like cystitis. Wouldn't wait until tomorrow if you have blood in your urine.
Like previous poster said, ring the doctors and tell them to see if they can fit you in today, or else go to A&E. You wouldn't want to actually faint and hit your head....

In the meantime drink as much as you can. The more you dilute the bacterias in your bladder the less pain you will have, although you will spend a considerable amount of time in the bathroom...

For the poster who said it might be stress: most infections are stress related as during stressful times the immune system suffers and infections find their way in much easier...

BINBOB
20-Jul-09, 14:59
Yes...see dr. drink lots....cranberry juice is very good for cystitis.has to be the juice not the diluted version.also barley water too.Wish u better soon.;)

Fantoosh
20-Jul-09, 15:09
Thanks everyone. :D Got the night off work so thats a start. Think I might pop down the hospital its close.

Thanks again

Vistravi
20-Jul-09, 15:58
Get yourself seen to and as binbob said drink lots of pure cranberry juice. Get well soon xx

teenybash
20-Jul-09, 16:04
How awful for you..............you can add a little bicarbonate soda to cranberry juice....and it will relieve symptoms and like everyone says.........drink loads............. hot water bottle on your tum and feet in warm water.......get well soon.

Tinkerbell09
20-Jul-09, 16:19
My friend only had that last week! She had the same symptoms and they gave her antibiotics to take twice daily and it cleared up within 3-4 days.
She was in quite a bit of pain, hope your ok!

cuddlepop
20-Jul-09, 16:20
Could be a urinary infection thats spread to your kidneys.
Like the others have said drink plenty cranberry juice and get your "wee" checked.:)

scotsboy
20-Jul-09, 16:27
Could be kidney stone............get to the Doc pronto.

rs 2k
20-Jul-09, 17:21
Hi

I have sent u a PM x

Katy
20-Jul-09, 18:38
Did you manage to get to the docs Fantoosh?
Hope your feeling a bit better
Katy x

EDDIE
20-Jul-09, 18:50
ok this is a bit of a weird question. I got up today and I thought i had cystitis but for the past hour or so now ive been managing to go to the toilet a little but it is really sore and Ive noticed blood in it. Every time I try I start feeling really faint like I am going to pass out and I am sick. What do you think it could be? Ive got appointment for doctors tomorrow but a little worried.

cheers

Im not a doctor but i think if u are forcing it out u u could have scraped the skin inside and thats were the bleed has come from i would imagine if it was light coloured bleed thats what it it will be and if it is that its nothing to worry about its when it continues to bleed u have a problem.
U should fone up nhs 24 or a doctor

twiglet
20-Jul-09, 21:01
Could be a urine infection or kidney infection. Drink lots of water and get some medical advice asap. Hope you feel better soon.

teddybear1873
20-Jul-09, 22:20
I would go to the doc ASAP. I had a urine infection in 2004. I was in and out of hospital like a yo-yo. Every time I was admitted to hospital the symptoms got worse. In the end they had to chop of one of my baws.... Take your symptoms seriously and get it sorted. Hope all works out.

Vistravi
20-Jul-09, 22:47
Glad you're feeling better fantoosh, Still get yourself to the docs tmorrow and find out what it is and get it sorted. ;) XX

Fran
21-Jul-09, 01:50
Have you got stones in the kidney or bile duct that are passing through? this could cause slight bleed.

Fantoosh
21-Jul-09, 12:04
hey everyone. Went to docs today and they think i just have a bad case of Cystitis. Got some antibiotics and took another day off work (I hate missing work :( ) So hopefully all better soon. Thanks for the replies. :D

joxville
21-Jul-09, 22:19
I wish I could develop a strange condition so that I can post the symptoms on here, the amateur doctors are so helpful it makes me wonder why we need professional doctors. :roll: