PDA

View Full Version : David Beckham

Invisible
20-Jul-09, 11:34
first of all if this thread is in the wrong place I apologise, but this guy grinds my gears! - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8158547.stm

For earning all the money he is, surely he can expect some form of backlash.

Leaving LA Galaxy to play for Milan and not wanting to return was against contract.

So why is he making a fuss when the fans of Galaxy are giving him a hard time, which I think is justified.

I thought that when he left for Madrid that he would be the end of front page news stories and top story 6 o'clock news. :mad: - there are wars happening ppl!

Beckham would have to decline a modelling contract with L'Oreal - cos he just aint worth it! :roll:

rant over

The Pepsi Challenge
20-Jul-09, 11:52
So those fortunate to make a lot of money in life deserve abuse?

Invisible
20-Jul-09, 11:54

hmmm does sound like i implied that, but if i earned even half that I would take the abuse

scotsboy
20-Jul-09, 12:28
I saw the interview Beckham gave after the game and thik he came across very well. Whatever the situation with regard to his tenure at LA Galaxy, there is no doubt he is a class above (and then some) the vast majority playing in MLS.

Flashman
20-Jul-09, 12:39
He is no George Best... he is excellent at dead balls, crossing and has made his name with it...along with ALOT of PR imaging and marketing.

In my opinion he falls a fair bit short of being one of the true greats in Football's history

tonkatojo
20-Jul-09, 12:46
He is no George Best... he is excellent at dead balls, crossing and has made his name with it...along with ALOT of PR imaging and marketing.

In my opinion he falls a fair bit short of being one of the true greats in Football's history

It would appear there is some green with envy folk on here, in this case I am one of them. Such a pity I never stuck at it in my youth... LOL ;) :cool: Mind I got a better "wag" than him.

scotsboy
20-Jul-09, 12:55

No he has been significantly more successful than George........;)

Connor.
20-Jul-09, 13:55
He deserved it, with the carry on he's been doing.

Although, it's his bad choice to choose to retort and run up to the barriers and give them the fingers, what sort of example is that showing to kids that idolize him? Lose your head quickly and be rude to people?

[disgust]

scotsboy
20-Jul-09, 13:59
He deserved it, with the carry on he's been doing.

Although, it's his bad choice to choose to retort and run up to the barriers and give them the fingers, what sort of example is that showing to kids that idolize him? Lose your head quickly and be rude to people?

[disgust]

Did you see it Connor? I did, and never saw him make any objectionable jestures - he simply beckoned one particular individual to come down.

KCI
20-Jul-09, 14:59
I didn't see Beckham "giving the fingers" - I just saw him gesturing to one of the fans to come down. So, I don't think it's fair to have a go at him for setting a bad example to kids, because he didn't.

Just because he is rich, famous etc - it doesn't give fans the right to shout abuse at him.

Invisible
20-Jul-09, 15:01
I didn't see Beckham "giving the fingers" - I just saw him gesturing to one of the fans to come down. So, I don't think it's fair to have a go at him for setting a bad example to kids, because he didn't.

Just because he is rich, famous etc - it doesn't give fans the right to shout abuse at him.

its not cos he is rich and famous why they are shouting abuse, he didnt want to return to Galaxy after playing for Milan, and i belive tried to get his contract terminated, he doesnt want to play for them anymore and thats why the american fans are unhappy, i think.

tonkatojo
20-Jul-09, 15:08
its not cos he is rich and famous why they are shouting abuse, he didnt want to return to Galaxy after playing for Milan, and i belive tried to get his contract terminated, he doesnt want to play for them anymore and thats why the american fans are unhappy, i think.

Who really cares what galaxy are up to, there are more fascinating problems a bit closer to here than them.
Take Newcastle United for instance, the current owner Ashley has thrown his toys out of the pram and is trying to really stuff the fans there.

Amy-Winehouse
20-Jul-09, 16:15
If people are famous and in the public eye they have 2 expect a hard time now and again it,s the price of fame.

Invisible
20-Jul-09, 16:49
If people are famous and in the public eye they have 2 expect a hard time now and again it,s the price of fame.

thank you thats what i was trying to say just couldnt find the correct way of sayin it.

Venture
20-Jul-09, 18:34
Come on now Invisible tell us the truth. The real reason you can't stand him is because he's so good looking. :lol:;)

Connor.
20-Jul-09, 18:49
Did you see it Connor? I did, and never saw him make any objectionable jestures - he simply beckoned one particular individual to come down.

Ah, had to watch it again. i watched it on telly from afar and it looked like he stuck the fingers up.

Although, beckoning a fan to come down is a bit much still.

Amy-Winehouse
20-Jul-09, 18:54
I am a fan of Becks, hes done really well for himself, hes played for the 3 best clubs in the world so he cant be that bad. What he said earlier in the year was in hindsight, silly. Okay he is a class or 2 above the MLS players but LA Galaxy pay his wages & he either should have moved elsewhere or said nothing.

If it was a player from my team showing disloyalty like that Id be a bit pd off as well, after all the fans pay their money & can shout what they like( they certainly do in Scotland) So I dont know why Becks beckoned the fans to come on, he was in the wrong in my book

Mr Winehouse

bettedaviseyes
20-Jul-09, 19:32
i like um but he's more an fashion icon these's days than known for his football.

Amy-Winehouse
20-Jul-09, 23:54
i like um but he's more an fashion icon these's days than known for his football.

Still , hes got a champions league winners medal, Spanish league winner, EPL medal , Fa Cup medal, league cup winners medal, 100 + caps for England .

Aye hes a fashion icon of mainly Silver/Gold jewllery in the medallion shape

weeboyagee
21-Jul-09, 16:58
Absolutely when it comes to Mr Beckham, clap, clap, clap, clap...........applause!

Sorry - had to have that silly moment.

WBG :cool:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
21-Jul-09, 19:37
David Beckham went back to LA Galaxy cos he was only out in loan to AC.The LA Galaxy fans gave him abuse,he fought back.Most Americans don't like football,its not a sport they created.It was made in a wee play park somewhere in England.A few guys kicking a dead animal about a park.So if Becks does what I think he will do,he will return to the Premiership and return to where they like their "soccer" best.:D

WicksyJunior
23-Jul-09, 14:54
i am a fan of david beckham and have been since he came through the ranks with man united along with the the neville bros,scholes,giggs,butt and what not, every since he became a fashion icon no thanks to victoria he was always bigger than the club, which angered Sir Alex, thats why he went to madrid, because they like players who run the club not the other way around, obvioulsy victoria liked this (better shops), he was down the pecking order there just before the MLS came calling so he thought it would be a challenge raise the profile for this franchise (the mls), thats why he went there because thats what the mls is a series of franchise, just like any other american sport, plus his wages are partly by the mls all big name stars are like freddie ljungberg and figo would have if he went !!

but through all this he played for the crest of england and he has never doubted that he loves playing for his country and has been told if he wants to play in 2010 in south africa he needs to go to a better quality league like seria a, la liga, even the premiership to have a chance of playing, so he's looking after no 1 himself, he has never stated he wanted to quit his contract, but to be loaned out again for a chance to play in 4 world cups something only a few players have done worldwide !!!!