PDA

View Full Version : Tammy Flu

Bill Fernie
20-Jul-09, 08:39
My tammy’s flu came on suddenly one night. Apparently TammyFlu is hard to catch but if the tammy is worn for more than 24 hours it can have a disasterous affect on the mind. Having put my tammy on to head out in the Caithness breeze I decided to keep it on when I went to bed. Keeping your head warm guarantees the rest of your body will be warmer.

Advice for colds and flu is to keep warm and take plenty of fluids and now you can add “Keep your tammy on” Tammy’s might harbour bugs especially if washed infrequently.

Is Tammyflu catching?

Well it seems to have been rare in recent years. When did you last see a tammy being worn in public. Rarely!!1 Is that due to the fact that they are all ill.? If so the cure is simple. Remove the tammy from your head and bury it in the sand. This will provide long term protection and the tammy will not suffer. Yes bury the tammy – not your head in the sand.

Next switch brain into gear and think - If it is hard for my tammy to catch flu and not die is it hard for me to catch flu and die. N1H1 is merely a route to the gravy train for TV pundits and writers to churn out all those articles on what to do and what not to do.

Best advice seems to be “Wash your tammy” and if it gets infected keep it in quarantine for a few days on the washing line. In the event your tammy has underlying problems such as loose stitches or tears then it may be terminal and you should think about buying a new one.

Fortunately tammies come in a wide range of bright colours to cheer you up and it is well known that happier people are less prone to illnesses and recover faster.

Is there likely to be scarcity of tammies due to the current rush to get protection. Well probably not outside Caithness as the Tammy secret is know only to few readers here. Check out your local shop to see the range of tammies available and ask if they come with a flu guarantee.

Questions to ask yourself -

What if my Tammy got a high temperature?
This may be due to thinking too much whilst wearing it or rushing around chemists looking for non-existent cures.

What do I do if my Tammy is harbouring bugs?
Wash it once a week and more often if you come into contact with another tammy wearer.

Is Tammyflu life threatening?
Probably not but take precautions by reading Oor Willie and the Broons only when wearing your tammy and a long scarf.

My tammy has been in a drawer for 20 years. Will it be OK to take it out?
Yes but check to see if your head has swollen in the intervening years. Ask your mother what is the best way forward. She will probably refer you to her granny’s remedies “ Eat your greens when wearing your tammy” or “Don’t wash your dirty linen (Tammy) in public” – all good sound advice and probably just as useful as anything currently being spouted in articles and on TV.

Are there any other things to think about for Tammy and flu
- what goes around comes around.
- neer cast a cloot till Mays oot
Will this help?
No but it will divert your attention while all of the other advice is being bandied about. And you will have less time to worry about it all.

Bring back the Tammy

Bill is available for lucrative interviews, articles and TV appearances on TammyFlu.

Has anyone else had any problems with Tammy Flu or other similar problems?

Kenn
20-Jul-09, 12:32
Shock, horror, will the virus mutate?
Could it infest other head wear?
Has there been an in depth study to assess whether those who are folically chalenged are at greater risk?
Can I get vacinated against it?

teenybash
20-Jul-09, 13:09
Well, well what a lot of advice on how to look after and care for your Tammy.....Now I don't have a Tammy but, I will clash the knitting pins together and produce one made to measure for my head. This leads me to a most important question.........To me a Tammy is not a Tammy without a tossle but, would it attract the virus and therefore infect my Tammy with flu...........or would the tossle wobbling, as all proper tossles do knock the virus out before it gave my Tammy flu.
Any advice will be gratefully received. Thanks in advance.:eek:

Lolabelle
21-Jul-09, 07:44
What's a "Tammy" other than a girls name???:p:o

Bill Fernie
21-Jul-09, 16:27
What's a "Tammy" other than a girls name???:p:o

There are many differente tammies. See here for a sample -http://www.scotweb.co.uk/browse/mens-wear/hats-and-caps/tammy-hats