PDA

View Full Version : can anyone recommend the best 4x4 to buy was thinking of the new l200

transit
19-Jul-09, 15:32
but not to shure need some advice thanks thanks for the help folks i want a crew cab l200 or similar as for comfort for the kids also to tow a caravan thanks

captain chaos
19-Jul-09, 15:36
A little more info might help...By 4x4 do you mean pick up as the l200 is ? What is your use for the vehicle ? do you need a large load space? would a 4x4 van do or a 4x4 like the cr-v ,kuga or rav4.

Then we might be able to narrow down your choices.

brandy
19-Jul-09, 18:30
i have a crv and its lovley.. just remember that with a 4x4 the costs are really high, ie repairs and wear and tear...

teenybash
19-Jul-09, 20:36
Probably better to buy a really good used vehicle.....Land Rover Disco 1 300tdi .......great engine and avoids higher road tax.....there are some nice ones about at the moment.

Each
19-Jul-09, 22:33
Dont buy a landi disco.... Ever ever ever...!!!

Just got rid of mine - best thing i have done - cost a fortune to run, repair, etc.

I'll never buy a landrover again.

joxville
21-Jul-09, 22:52
Do you have big feet? If so avoid the L200 cos the facia panel comes so far down into the footwell that the points of your footwear scrape the panel-not especially helpful if you have to brake suddenly! You also mention kids but remember they grow up so space and legroom in the back is woeful for kids above approx. 4' 6" and travelling a long distance. As the driver you sit so low to the floor that the seat bottom is next to useless. The 2.5 Diesel is very thirsty so have a fuel tanker follow you. The tyres are expensive so buy shares in a rubber plantation.

On the plus side it has good sized door mirrors.

Kevin Milkins
22-Jul-09, 00:08
Dont buy a landi disco.... Ever ever ever...!!!

Just got rid of mine - best thing i have done - cost a fortune to run, repair, etc.

I'll never buy a landrover again.

NO,No,No,No,No,No............ Don't be taking any notice of that at all.

What you are looking for is a nice shiny 1999 Disco Td5.:Razz

They are such a nice reliable car you wondered how you ever got by without one.

Here is a very nice example that I could sell you for £193-50 with full tax and m.o.t also a full tank of fuel.;)

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/09_04_57.jpg?t=1248217316

Mrs Bucket
22-Jul-09, 21:56
Do you have big feet? If so avoid the L200 cos the facia panel comes so far down into the footwell that the points of your footwear scrape the panel-not especially helpful if you have to brake suddenly! You also mention kids but remember they grow up so space and legroom in the back is woeful for kids above approx. 4' 6" and travelling a long distance. As the driver you sit so low to the floor that the seat bottom is next to useless. The 2.5 Diesel is very thirsty so have a fuel tanker follow you. The tyres are expensive so buy shares in a rubber plantation.

On the plus side it has good sized door mirrors.
Nonsense had three of these no probs maybe thirsty

black16i
25-Jul-09, 18:47
[quote=Kevin Milkins;576289]NO,No,No,No,No,No............ Don't be taking any notice of that at all.

What you are looking for is a nice shiny 1999 Disco Td5.:Razz

They are such a nice reliable car you wondered how you ever got by without one.

Here is a very nice example that I could sell you for £193-50 with full tax and m.o.t also a full tank of fuel.;)

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/09_04_57.jpg?t=1248217316

Ats one of the best adverts ive ever seen when trying to sell yur 4x4, a RAC van parked next to it and a guy underneath fixing it, haha

transit
19-Aug-09, 15:41
i have bought a car instead