PDA

View Full Version : Airport parking

igglepiggle
19-Jul-09, 11:25
Was wondering where people park when they fly out of glasgow airport. We usually stay the night before and park at the Ramada Hotel Carpark and then pick up the car on return, but our flights this year are in the afternoon.

There are so many options on google etc, just wondering if there are any good and bad ones??

thanks in advance :D

Scunner
19-Jul-09, 12:30
If you stay at Holiday Inn the night before your departure, they will put your car to a car park and have it ready for you on your return. The cost is usually included in the accommodation charge. Check out their website for delails. Have done it many times, and never have a problem.

weegie
19-Jul-09, 13:04
Im from Johnstone which is beside the airport , the best one is Airpark
http://www.airport-parking-shop.co.uk/glasgow/glasgow-airpark-ltd.html
they have a 24hr shuttle bus which will pick you up and drop you off and its only 5mins from the airport they are also quite reasonable

shamrock2007
19-Jul-09, 13:09
we used airpark a couple of years ago. No probs. Big road works just started near Airport so you better give urself extra time

jimbews
19-Jul-09, 17:09
Was wondering where people park when they fly out of glasgow airport. We usually stay the night before and park at the Ramada Hotel Carpark and then pick up the car on return, but our flights this year are in the afternoon.

There are so many options on google etc, just wondering if there are any good and bad ones??

thanks in advance :D

We always book through FHR:
http://www.fhr-net.co.uk/

If you have an afternoon flight, have you considered a night in the hotel on the way back. Park and Stay booking can be done that way as well.

JimBews

igglepiggle
19-Jul-09, 21:53
many thanks for the replies. i will have a look at the recommendations and hopefully get booked in. We are fling back in the afternoon but we are travelling half way home on the same day.

Allsorts
19-Jul-09, 22:30
Thanks for the advice about the road works as we fly out on Friday - so will go earlier just to make sure we get past them ok.

Rheghead
19-Jul-09, 22:30
The last time I flew out of Glasgow I took the bus. Saves on petrol, an overnight stay and parking costs. It took 9 hours but it was a pleasent enough journey with a good book.

joxville
21-Jul-09, 22:59
The last time I flew out of Glasgow I took the bus. Saves on petrol, an overnight stay and parking costs. It took 9 hours but it was a pleasent enough journey with a good book.

Normally when I fly I use an aeroplane! Where are these skybuses then? [lol]

Rheghead
21-Jul-09, 23:16
Normally when I fly I use an aeroplane! Where are these skybuses then? [lol]

silly billy!!:lol:

Have you not heard of the Airbus A380?

christina
22-Jul-09, 08:43
We allways use Direct Parking when flying from glasgow, you just drop the car off on way to Airport. You will then need to tell them details of the flights etc and time and day of return journey. You just call them when back at Airport and they come and collect you they even wash the car, for you coming back much to my partners delight :lol:.

rainbow
22-Jul-09, 18:50
You have to watch what you do when you stay at the Holiday Inn Express and use their car parking. Things have changed since March. If you book the normal stay and park package you have to deliver your car to the long stay car park then get a minibus from the airport to pick your car up from the same car park. For an extra £20 (?) you can pay for a service where they will park your car and it will be at the HI Express on your return.
This has changed as a lot of people didn't like other people driving their cars. We booked our normal stay and park but were surprised when we were told to park the car ourselves - as we were tired we upgraded and it saved alot of hassle on our return from our hols - just cross the road get the car and off we go up North, rather than having to wait for a minibus then get minibused to a car park a few miles away.
I would recommend the HI Express and parking - close and convenient for the airport.

Whitewater
22-Jul-09, 22:45
I have used both Airpark and Direct Parking when flying from Glasgow, both offer great service and they are secure. I'm always wary about parking long term at any of the hotels as you do so at your own risk.