PDA

View Full Version : Forum Bully's

NapalmDeath74
18-Jul-09, 19:42
Anymore of this nonsense from you forum bully's I will report you. People have the right for great debate and say what they think and feel about an issues, they call this free speech but when it comes to damaging one individual by criticising any thread or thread comment by humiliation or insult this quickly turns into forum bullying territory, that's the lowest form of cowardice in my book hiding behind a computer throwing humiliating sarcastic patronising insults hoping to damage a forum members character. I think many people on this forum including myself can damage their own character without help from someone like you forum bully's.

unicorn
18-Jul-09, 19:43
Reporting doesn't seem to work.

webmannie
18-Jul-09, 19:47
Reporting what? Free speech?

NapalmDeath74
18-Jul-09, 19:58
Reporting what? Free speech?

Singling out one individual by another individual and posting nastily unproductive comments on every thread or every post in a sarcastic patronising way design to humiliate and make one bad about ones self. That's not free speech that's bullying, free speech is debate without any forms of aggression or conflict.

porshiepoo
18-Jul-09, 20:50
Can I ask what started this?

Mik.M.
18-Jul-09, 20:53
Probably nothing Porshiepoo.

Alice in Blunderland
18-Jul-09, 20:53
Anymore of this nonsense from you forum bully's I will report you. People have the right for great debate and say what they think and feel about an issues, they call this free speech but when it comes to damaging one individual by criticising any thread or thread comment by humiliation or insult this quickly turns into forum bullying territory, that's the lowest form of cowardice in my book hiding behind a computer throwing humiliating sarcastic patronising insults hoping to damage a forum members character. I think many people on this forum including myself can damage their own character without help from someone like you forum bully's.

Obviously something has got to you .

Take this up with the moderators as I am sure they will try to help you on this. This thread has a good possibility of turning into a slanging match.:)

sweetpea
18-Jul-09, 20:57
You will get bullies online the same as you get them at home, work or in the playground. Don't be a victim and just tell them to f off or ignore them completely. :)

tonkatojo
18-Jul-09, 21:23
You will get bullies online the same as you get them at home, work or in the playground. Don't be a victim and just tell them to f off or ignore them completely. :)

Do you feel an infraction coming on "flower" LOL ;)

BINBOB
18-Jul-09, 23:11
Reporting doesn't seem to work.

certainly does not.....[disgust]u are right there....

BINBOB
18-Jul-09, 23:12
Obviously something has got to you .

Take this up with the moderators as I am sure they will try to help you on this. This thread has a good possibility of turning into a slanging match.:)

Who...that will do no good whatsoever....;)

oldmarine
18-Jul-09, 23:29

I'm in the dark on this one! What prompted this remark without anything being stated on this thread right off from the start? To whom is this directed?

Anne x
18-Jul-09, 23:47
On every forum and chat there are people who rule the roost and are bullies what they dont like are newbies that do not conform with there point of view normally and get upset but in order for a forum to grow and get new blood and points of view it has to move on and listen to the new posters as in in life one generation hands to another but learn from the oldies as to conduct ,rules , etc and take and listen to advice tongue in cheek smile [lol] or the ignore button

butterfly
18-Jul-09, 23:49
To whom is this directed?

Good question.:eek::confused

teenybash
19-Jul-09, 00:37
Whoever is bullying should be ignored as the more reaction there is from their victim, the more the bully will throw to keep things going.

scorrie
19-Jul-09, 00:59

A victim of what?

I have looked through Napalm's posts. Prior to this rant, there is a five day gap to an innocuous post on the weird happening thread and then a further five day gap to a storm in a teacup on another thread. Certainly nothing to warrant the current rant, unless it was a personal message that was involved.

I have had people sending unpleasant PM's containing swearing and have reported it to the Moderators. I have never had a response and nothing appears to have been done. Later I get a red card and five points for masking a swearword that was not a swearword, it is not a vulgar word either, although it refers to sexual behaviour. I find that very inconsistent moderating. However, I make the choice of whether to stay on the forum and accept that the moderating is hit and miss, or simply pack it in and leave. Strict moderation can be the death of a forum, leading to a banal, all good buddies, with shared opinions on everything, tedium club.

Many times when I read accusations of bullying, what I actually see is someone frustrated by another person who is a more experienced, more logical and, dare I say it, more skilled and informed debater. That is when the comments of "Smart Alec" and "Bully" start to fly. People will often accuse someone of being "out of order" rather than concede that their own argument wasn't very well thought through or constructed. Too many times I see a defiance of all logic and an attitude of insisting that a point is valid, even though it is clear that the other person is clearly more well informed on a particular subject. I would have hoped that facts could be accepted and that learning could be shared by admitting one's mistakes/lack of knowledge and conceding the point.

I am sure you will find that the admin will give their normal stance and state that nobody is forced to join this forum. As long as posters stay within the rules, other members have the choice to ignore anyone they have a problem with or simply don't click on the link that brings them to this site.

telfordstar
19-Jul-09, 09:19
A victim of what?

I have looked through Napalm's posts. Prior to this rant, there is a five day gap to an innocuous post on the weird happening thread and then a further five day gap to a storm in a teacup on another thread. Certainly nothing to warrant the current rant, unless it was a personal message that was involved.

I have had people sending unpleasant PM's containing swearing and have reported it to the Moderators. I have never had a response and nothing appears to have been done. Later I get a red card and five points for masking a swearword that was not a swearword, it is not a vulgar word either, although it refers to sexual behaviour. I find that very inconsistent moderating. However, I make the choice of whether to stay on the forum and accept that the moderating is hit and miss, or simply pack it in and leave. Strict moderation can be the death of a forum, leading to a banal, all good buddies, with shared opinions on everything, tedium club.

Many times when I read accusations of bullying, what I actually see is someone frustrated by another person who is a more experienced, more logical and, dare I say it, more skilled and informed debater. That is when the comments of "Smart Alec" and "Bully" start to fly. People will often accuse someone of being "out of order" rather than concede that their own argument wasn't very well thought through or constructed. Too many times I see a defiance of all logic and an attitude of insisting that a point is valid, even though it is clear that the other person is clearly more well informed on a particular subject. I would have hoped that facts could be accepted and that learning could be shared by admitting one's mistakes/lack of knowledge and conceding the point.

I am sure you will find that the admin will give their normal stance and state that nobody is forced to join this forum. As long as posters stay within the rules, other members have the choice to ignore anyone they have a problem with or simply don't click on the link that brings them to this site.

Well said scorrie. I was going to write something similar but you worded it much better. I was wondering to where that big rant came from? Did it have anything to do with the weird happenings thread that was closed?

webmannie
19-Jul-09, 09:20
A victim of what?

Well responded Scorrie, my sentiments exactly

Stefan
19-Jul-09, 10:45
I often feel like saying nothing although I might have something constructive to say, simply because some people always know better, no matter you say.

Some people voice their opinion in a rather disrespectful way. Unfortunately the moderators are not interested at all. I have sent several inquiries and new ideas to the moderators and have never had a reply.

There must be many people who don't post because it seems impossible to have a conversation without some individuals turning a thread into a farce or post completely off topic posts.

Tighsonas4
19-Jul-09, 11:13
Well said scorrie. I was going to write something similar but you worded it much better. I was wondering to where that big rant came from? Did it have anything to do with the weird happenings thread that was closed?
maybe its WEIRD how this all came about in the first place then [lol] tony

Rheghead
19-Jul-09, 11:25
Sometimes keeping a debate to to-the-point remarks can infuriate some folk more than if you insulted them. They're the folk that take a difference of opinion as an affront on their character and can't differentiate debate from slagging off eachother.

Basically, they can't admit to themselves they are wrong or mistaken.

webmannie
19-Jul-09, 11:38
Sometimes keeping a debate to to-the-point remarks can infuriate some folk more than if you insulted them. They're the folk that take a difference of opinion as an affront on their character and can't differentiate debate from slagging off eachother.

Basically, they can't admit to themselves they are wrong or mistaken.

Sometimes people need to 'agree to disagree', not all debates come to a logical conclusion.

cuddlepop
19-Jul-09, 13:08

I think you got it in one.:(

It seems anytime we try to have a discussion about something thats "unexplained" comments are posted that insist on proof.

I just cant understand why comment on a thread if all your intending to do is "stir things":roll:

webmannie
19-Jul-09, 13:30

It seems anytime we try to have a discussion about something thats "unexplained" comments are posted that insist on proof.

I just cant understand why comment on a thread if all your intending to do is "stir things":roll:

What are you referring to? Give an example.

webmannie
19-Jul-09, 13:41
Unexplained- having the reason or cause not made clear.

By definition posters will try and determine the reason or cause of anything that is unexplained. That is human nature, why we are at the top of the species tree etc

Stefan
19-Jul-09, 13:42
What are you referring to? Give an example.

Now, that would just stir things up, wouldn't it :(

webmannie
19-Jul-09, 13:51
Now, that would just stir things up, wouldn't it :(

Why would it? I am asking for an example to understand cuddlepops perception of 'stirring it', perfectly reasonable request i think.

cuddlepop
19-Jul-09, 14:24
Why would it? I am asking for an example to understand cuddlepops perception of 'stirring it', perfectly reasonable request i think.

No I will not give you an example.
I wont "stir thinks" up after a thread has been locked thats just asking for trouble.:roll:

webmannie
19-Jul-09, 14:40
No I will not give you an example.
I wont "stir thinks" up after a thread has been locked thats just asking for trouble.:roll:

Fair enough, I didn't realise you're comments were in relation to a specific topic, you said 'It seems anytime we try to have a discussion'.

porshiepoo
19-Jul-09, 16:32
Wowsa, just had a sneaky beak at Napalms previous posts on other threads and can honestly say that one post was enough to read.

This guy goes on about bullies but perhaps he should take responsibility for his/her remarks that may entice someone to retalliate.
I am not Caithness born but I have to say that this persons verbal rubbish on the entire young population of Caithness is insulting to us all.
I understand that there are louts in this county but Napalm no matter what you say to the contrary, they DO exist everywhere.
Caithness is not entirely populated with "mindless inbreeding mental deficiency" and I really don't think that anything in the water is making us all Loopy - although I would have to say that your water may be an exception.;)

telfordstar
19-Jul-09, 22:15
Wowsa, just had a sneaky beak at Napalms previous posts on other threads and can honestly say that one post was enough to read.

This guy goes on about bullies but perhaps he should take responsibility for his/her remarks that may entice someone to retalliate.
I am not Caithness born but I have to say that this persons verbal rubbish on the entire young population of Caithness is insulting to us all.
I understand that there are louts in this county but Napalm no matter what you say to the contrary, they DO exist everywhere.
Caithness is not entirely populated with "mindless inbreeding mental deficiency" and I really don't think that anything in the water is making us all Loopy - although I would have to say that your water may be an exception.;)

I just had a wee look at their previous posts as well and there a right snappy wee character!!!!!

I get the feeling the whole point of this thread was to get us all "arguing" again.

Alice in Blunderland
19-Jul-09, 22:26
. This thread has a good possibility of turning into a slanging match.:)

From post seven. I think this thread was started cause someone's got the hump. Best to leave them to sulk and let this thread fall down the message board. :)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
19-Jul-09, 22:35
Forum Bullys.Where?Because someone's opinion is opposite to yours?Get a BIG life.Metalattack,has posted on here to me,"ye can't win with people like this".Of course he can't because I have my OWN opinion.Then again,I would never discredit his.

Leanne
20-Jul-09, 21:15
Forum Bullys.Where?Because someone's opinion is opposite to yours?Get a BIG life.Metalattack,has posted on here to me,"ye can't win with people like this".Of course he can't because I have my OWN opinion.Then again,I would never discredit his.

Well put :)

northener
21-Jul-09, 12:49
Indignancy is rife.......

Someone invariably starts a thread because they are indignant about some issue or other. Or, failing that, they become indignant at those who dare to disagree with their stance - or deviate even slightly from it in some cases.:roll:

Usually, it's the ones who appear less able to debate robustly without getting personal that shout the loudest.

Still, hey ho, life goes on.

katarina
21-Jul-09, 18:32
well i think everyone deserves their say and I for one enjoy a good debate, even if I get very negative responses from some people. If we were all nicey nicey to eachother the forum would just be plain boring! What annoys me is that a thread gets closed down by a moderator who decides that 'it has run its course' Surely when a discussion no longer gets any postings then and only then has it run its course! Its like complaining about a TV program. If you don't like it - switch over! for those of us who enjoy a bit of opposition, leave us be!

webmannie
21-Jul-09, 18:51
Personally i thought the thread had 'run it's course' and i had no truck with the Mods closing the thread down. It was obvious to me that there was no open discussion to be had.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
21-Jul-09, 19:23
well i think everyone deserves their say and I for one enjoy a good debate, even if I get very negative responses from some people. If we were all nicey nicey to eachother the forum would just be plain boring! What annoys me is that a thread gets closed down by a moderator who decides that 'it has run its course' Surely when a discussion no longer gets any postings then and only then has it run its course! Its like complaining about a TV program. If you don't like it - switch over! for those of us who enjoy a bit of opposition, leave us be!

So what ye are saying katarina,is that all the folk who are nicey nicey on this forum will make this place boring and the forum will become obscelete.Are you a moderator?

fudge100
21-Jul-09, 23:37

I totaly agree.

katarina
22-Jul-09, 08:16
So what ye are saying katarina,is that all the folk who are nicey nicey on this forum will make this place boring and the forum will become obscelete.Are you a moderator?

I didn't say that! Wherer did I say obscolete? You are twisting my words. I just find a bit of opposition makes life more interesting.n Don't you?

katarina
22-Jul-09, 08:18
Personally i thought the thread had 'run it's course' and i had no truck with the Mods closing the thread down. It was obvious to me that there was no open discussion to be had.

If that was the case it would have stopped anyway. no need to close it down. It's like telling children to stop arguing because I SAY SO!