PDA

View Full Version : Provisional Driving Licence

Olin
17-Jul-09, 12:46
Sadly I am still using a provisional licence so before anyone comments yes a do deserve a "boo!" from everyone....

I am just posting this to ask if anyone knows how long a UK Provisional Driving Licence should last providing no details have changed and the photo is still valid?

I thought it was every ten years but for some reason mine says it was only valid for 3 years?

Everyone I have spoken to lasts longer than mine, one of my mates got his 4 years before me and it lasts longer than mine =[

Can anyone help?

http://colinmanson.com/licenceedited2.JPG

hardcore superstar
17-Jul-09, 13:21
If you want a definitive answer, I would advise you discuss your query directly with the DVLA. Any responses you get on here are likley just to be speculation. Best getting it straight from the horses mouth.

telfordstar
17-Jul-09, 13:22
Ive had mine for just over a year and mines is valid for 10 years. But mines looks totally different to yours so maybe its because its an old style one? Im not sure though.

Matthew
17-Jul-09, 14:00
Mine looks exactly the same to yours and mine is 22-02-07 to 21-02-17. =/

Olin
17-Jul-09, 14:09
Yeah I've seen one of the ones that look the same as mine and it is ten years a diff too. I have also seen the newer ones with updated shiny logo and grey pics and they had 10 years too! =[

rs 2k
17-Jul-09, 14:13
Hi there

My sister is diabetic and she has a full licence but her licence only does her 3 years then she has to renew it

Are u diabetic?

That could be a reason

Only a thought :D

Olin
17-Jul-09, 15:19
Hi there

My sister is diabetic and she has a full licence but her licence only does her 3 years then she has to renew it

Are u diabetic?

That could be a reason

Only a thought :D

LMFAO yeah I am a diabetic!

That thought crossed my mind but I didn't think about it fully!

"Seekenin!"

Guarantee thats the reason! It'll be to make sure that everything is running good and that I won't endanger anyone whilst out driving due to my diabetes!

Thanks (Y)

rs 2k
17-Jul-09, 15:32
Yeah, thats why then [lol]

It doesn't cost anything to renew it, which is good, its just to be on the safe side,

Your licence expired in march, so i think u better find out pretty soon how u renew it or they might charge u again [lol] sorry can't help u with that

Good luck

celtic1888
18-Jul-09, 00:47
Dunno how long my provisional lasted for, doesnt matter now cause im awaiting my full licence :)
but im guessing 3 years is right