PDA

View Full Version : Sports Forum Caithness Only?

Flashman
16-Jul-09, 13:54
Why does the Sports Sub-Forum have to be about sports within Caithness only?

Seems a bit strange that we can talk about non-caithness films, books, ect but when it comes to sport it has to be within the county?

Surely people in Caithness are allowed to have an intrest in Sporting issues outside of Caithness?

The only thing I can think of is that they dont want football debates swamping out local sports but why not just have a local and general sports sub-forum?

Bobinovich
16-Jul-09, 16:01
The main problem has been old firm rivalries which have ended up in personal and/or religious slanging matches. This has led to numerous members receiving warnings and infractions, and generally requires more input from the Mods than is justifiable.

Alice in Blunderland
16-Jul-09, 16:04
Why does the Sports Sub-Forum have to be about sports within Caithness only?

Seems a bit strange that we can talk about non-caithness films, books, ect but when it comes to sport it has to be within the county?

Surely people in Caithness are allowed to have an intrest in Sporting issues outside of Caithness?

The only thing I can think of is that they dont want football debates swamping out local sports but why not just have a local and general sports sub-forum?

Sports section outside Caithness stuff bring it on whey hey and let the fighting begin. :lol:

They've been there, done that and lots are wearing the tshirt and remembering the warnings. [lol]

It just turns into a war-zone.

Alice in Blunderland
16-Jul-09, 16:07
T This has led to numerous members receiving warnings and infractions, and generally requires more input from the Mods than is justifiable.

Ah the Mods loved it dishing out all those warnings and all that hard work and effort ;)............. it was like babysitting a load of toddlers constantly sorting out squabbles. :Razz

joxville
16-Jul-09, 18:45
I was always under the assumption that only sporting events happening within Caithness could be discussed on the forum but recently this rule seems to have been relaxed because the tennis at Wimboredon was discussed. ;)

Flashman
16-Jul-09, 20:17
Sports section outside Caithness stuff bring it on whey hey and let the fighting begin. :lol:

They've been there, done that and lots are wearing the tshirt and remembering the warnings. [lol]

It just turns into a war-zone.

That sounds fun though lol :D

I guess that it is far to popular a subject to mod properly then.

bobbyrussell09
17-Jul-09, 14:00
they should relax a bit ,i mean wat sport in caithness can we talk about thats exciting. wick academy an brora rangers isnt glamorous or maybe shooting now theres a sport ,not