PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate Mother's Day gift

Julia
22-Mar-06, 11:18
Fed up of looking for a meaningful Mothers' Day present?

Help save a mother’s life and have a personalised certificate of sponsorship direct to your mum!

Every minute of every day, a woman dies from complications related to pregnancy or childbirth. Ninety-nine percent of these deaths occur in developing countries, demonstrating that they could be avoided if adequate resources and healthcare were available. You can help Maternity Worldwide change the lives of women and their families across the world?

http://www.justgiving.com/process/whitelabel/?_WhiteLabelId=1062

newpark
22-Mar-06, 11:27
I think this is a great idea but I am always so disheartened when they say minimum donation. I am a firm believer in charity should never ask for an amount they should be thankful of any donation.

Many people could not afford to donate £15 don't get me wrong I know many people could. I would have donated £5 but they will not accept that. So they could be losing out on many donations due to this fact.

erli
22-Mar-06, 15:46
I think this is a great idea but I am always so disheartened when they say minimum donation. I am a firm believer in charity should never ask for an amount they should be thankful of any donation.

Many people could not afford to donate £15 don't get me wrong I know many people could. I would have donated £5 but they will not accept that. So they could be losing out on many donations due to this fact.

You can donate as much or as little as you like, there is an option at the bottom where you can decide how much you would like to donate. You check the box that says "other".

newpark
22-Mar-06, 16:57
Erli that is if you want to donate more. If you read it you can only donate a minimum of £15. If you select other it will not accept a payment for less than £15

Cedric Farthsbottom III
22-Mar-06, 17:08
My Mum split up wi' my Dad when I was young.So I used to always ask her what she would like for Mothers Day?

She used to always joke,"a new man would be nice!!!!!!":lol: :lol:

erli
22-Mar-06, 21:22
Erli that is if you want to donate more. If you read it you can only donate a minimum of £15. If you select other it will not accept a payment for less than £15

£15 is the amount to donate if you want a gift certificate. You can make a donation of any amount to this charity, the 'other' box can be used for amounts less than £15.

newpark
22-Mar-06, 21:34
Thanks for that Erli I have read it wrong.

Cheers

ice box
23-Mar-06, 01:10
I only give what can afford as they say charity starts at home