PDA

View Full Version : STV are dumping the Bill

golach
16-Jul-09, 08:33
Just read that STV are stopping broadcasting the Bill after tonights episode.
The Bill is moving to a 9pm slot so STV have decided not to show it.
I believe if you have a digital satellite receiver, you can tune into another ITV region and watch.
I have enjoyed the Bill for many years now, it will be sad to see it go.

edayhouse
16-Jul-09, 08:42
this is a nightmare for me as i am a Bill addict!!

hmmm will need to search for it on the Sky

weeksider
16-Jul-09, 09:27
STV are now going all scottish based tv programmes ,maybe the bill prog will be in pultney now [Pultney Plod ] ? be some regulars on it then ,jobs for the boys .:lol:

The Oracle
16-Jul-09, 09:31
Just read that STV are stopping broadcasting the Bill after tonights episode.
The Bill is moving to a 9pm slot so STV have decided not to show it.
I believe if you have a digital satellite receiver, you can tune into another ITV region and watch.
I have enjoyed the Bill for many years now, it will be sad to see it go.

ITV London, Sky Channel 993 should be showing it....unless they will be showing 'Weir's Way' repeats too!

Kodiak
16-Jul-09, 12:32
this is a nightmare for me as i am a Bill addict!!

hmmm will need to search for it on the Sky

If you have SKY then the channel you want is 993 for ITV London.

STV have been mucking about for a long time now and due to this I usually watch 993 as I know that I will get to see the Progs that I want to see.

Also BBC Scotland often change the times for Progs so for BBC 1 we watch Channel 974 and BB2 2 Channel 989.

For example Torchwood on the Friday was broadcast 1 hour later on BBC 1 Scotland to all the other BBC 1 Channels. So we watched it on 974.

STV are now going all scottish based tv programmes ,maybe the bill prog will be in pultney now [Pultney Plod ] ? be some regulars on it then ,jobs for the boys .:lol:

So if STV are going to broadcast an all Scottish based TV Programmes then does this mean they will not broadcast such Programmes as Coronation Street and Emmerdale ?

If they do I perdict there will be a sudden rise in SKY sales in Scotland and a Drop in viewing for STV.

Liz
16-Jul-09, 13:04
When I emailed STV re them not showing Kingdom this is the reply I received.

Thank you for your email to STV.

STV will not be showing the new series of Kingdom. Throughout 2009, we plan to opt out of the ITV Network more frequently, taking control of our schedule and introducing more Scottish-produced programmes and acquired series that will hold wide appeal across the country.
We will be rolling out some exciting STV programming initiatives in the next few months, which we hope you will enjoy

I wonder what other programmes they will be dropping apart from Kingdom and The Bill?

I can't see them dropping the soaps as they will get good money for advertising during these?

Will have to wait and see. I don't want to have to pay for Sky to watch programmes I've watched for free for many years!

Kodiak
16-Jul-09, 13:27
Will have to wait and see. I don't want to have to pay for Sky to watch programmes I've watched for free for many years!

If you get a SKY Box and Dish and then pay a One off Fee for a SKY Card, I think is about £20.00, then you will get all the Free Channels, about 160, of which ITV London is just one of them.

Then you would be able to watch all the Programmes without paying a Monthly fee.

Liz
16-Jul-09, 13:45
Thanks a lot for the info Kodiak.

I will just wait and see what programmes they will be dropping.

I really like the picture and sound quality from my Humax PVR do don't really want to change it unless I really have to.:confused

Invisible
16-Jul-09, 13:57
sad times

dada dada da da de daa da de dada da - thats the bill theme song in word form lol

Kodiak
16-Jul-09, 13:59
say times

dada dada da da de daa da de dada da - thats the bill theme song in word form lol

Sounds more like BatMan to me :lol:

Invisible
16-Jul-09, 14:03
Sounds more like BatMan to me :lol:

now you say it so it does, it was trying to get it sounding like the bit at the end.

squidge
16-Jul-09, 14:31
pfft

the only thing i watch with any sort of regularity is the Bill. OCh well ill get a look at ITV london then

Anne x
16-Jul-09, 23:16
I personally or any one in the house watch or ever watched the Bill and would not miss that particular programme but did watch Kingdom and the like good Sunday evening viewing (and if any orger finds where to view that last series stv did not show pleaseeee share it is quite often repeated)
Goodness knows what stv are going to foist on us now homegrown what does that mean if there 5pm drivel of a show is anything go by people will be switching off and put them in a worse state than they already are in.
They have already cut there 11.35 local morning news programme from the areas
Coronation St ( I do not watch that either oh does ) is been taken off Wednesdays to make way for football coverage and moved for the first time to Thursdays allegedly

joxville
16-Jul-09, 23:22
say times

One of your da's should be a de, you missed out a couple of dums and the last dada should be a me-maw. :roll:

edayhouse
17-Jul-09, 08:31
Well it has been great the past few episodes - i am a major fan

When does it start on channel ITV London? Was looking for it last night but couldnt see when the next episode is coming on....anyone know?
Thanks

Rheghead
17-Jul-09, 09:04
We just need them to drop Corrie and Eastenders while they are at it. I heard the SNP were trying to de-anglocise mainstream TV.

The Oracle
17-Jul-09, 09:05

When does it start on channel ITV London? Was looking for it last night but couldnt see when the next episode is coming on....anyone know?
Thanks

Thursday 23rd July at 9:00pm

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/tv-listings?tvgBegin=153

Hope this helps

Venture
17-Jul-09, 09:08

Thanks

This link might help you.

http://www.thebill.com/

Kodiak
17-Jul-09, 11:35
I personally or any one in the house watch or ever watched the Bill and would not miss that particular programme but did watch Kingdom and the like good Sunday evening viewing (and if any orger finds where to view that last series stv did not show pleaseeee share it is quite often repeated)
Goodness knows what stv are going to foist on us now homegrown what does that mean if there 5pm drivel of a show is anything go by people will be switching off and put them in a worse state than they already are in.
They have already cut there 11.35 local morning news programme from the areas
Coronation St ( I do not watch that either oh does ) is been taken off Wednesdays to make way for football coverage and moved for the first time to Thursdays allegedly

If you go to ITV/player then you can watch the last 7 Programmes of Kingdom, here is the link :-

http://www.itv.com/ITVPlayer/Video/default.html?ViewType=5&Filter=44373

I hope this helps as this series is excellent :D

kmahon2001
17-Jul-09, 15:16
We just need them to drop Corrie and Eastenders while they are at it. I heard the SNP were trying to de-anglocise mainstream TV.

But surely STV, being a commercial channel, shouldn't be able to be dictated to by the Government. [disgust]

If they are removing all (or at least some) English produced TV shows, does that mean they will be removing X Factor, I'm a Celebrity, Ant & Dec etc, etc? Here's hoping they do! There's way too much of this cheap tacky TV on the box nowadays. Maybe we'll get some quality shows instead, or will they just end up making Scottish versions of these types of shows, like the one they are currently advertising - Conquer the Castle :mad: - more boring rubbish about a bunch of attention seekers looking for their brief moment of fame.

The longer these programmes continue and even more are created along the same themes, the more seriously tempted I am to stop watching TV altogether.

I must admit there is very little I watch on STV. I watch the local and national news but seeing as the local news programme is heavily biased towards news stories from Aberdeen and Aberdeen-shire and pretty much ignores anywhere west or north of the Great Glen, that really isn't fulfilling my idea of local news anyway, so it won't be that much of a loss if I get rid of my TV.

weeksider
17-Jul-09, 15:33
STV /Grmp News news :(
Needs to change to their Inverness studio to get more North news instead of all the Aberdeen /Dundee news we get.
Wonder if they Take the high rd back ?
Corn nock on a thursday night now ?

The Oracle
17-Jul-09, 20:25
But surely STV, being a commercial channel, shouldn't be able to be dictated to by the Government. [disgust]

If they are removing all (or at least some) English produced TV shows, does that mean they will be removing X Factor, I'm a Celebrity, Ant & Dec etc, etc? Here's hoping they do! There's way too much of this cheap tacky TV on the box nowadays. Maybe we'll get some quality shows instead, or will they just end up making Scottish versions of these types of shows, like the one they are currently advertising - Conquer the Castle :mad: - more boring rubbish about a bunch of attention seekers looking for their brief moment of fame.

The longer these programmes continue and even more are created along the same themes, the more seriously tempted I am to stop watching TV altogether.

I must admit there is very little I watch on STV. I watch the local and national news but seeing as the local news programme is heavily biased towards news stories from Aberdeen and Aberdeen-shire and pretty much ignores anywhere west or north of the Great Glen, that really isn't fulfilling my idea of local news anyway, so it won't be that much of a loss if I get rid of my TV.

It would appear that these decisions are based more on the financial state of STV rather than any government interference.

Apparently for the £30K per episode they pay for The Bill they can make quality Scottish programmes of interest to the whole world.

Sounds like 'The White Heather Club' film cans being dusted off more like !

Aaldtimer
17-Jul-09, 20:28
Bring back "Bothy Nichts"! :lol:

Kodiak
17-Jul-09, 20:34
Bring back "Bothy Nichts"! :lol:

Thats even worse than the "White Heater Club" Shudders !!!

shamrock2007
17-Jul-09, 21:35
Can't believe that Stv have dropped the bill. Its been so good just now & all the changes with the new 9pm slot look fab! Thank god for sky. Its the poor sods that don't have sky tho, i know my Grandad will miss it. Sent an email complaining to Stv but i'm not holding my breath that i will get a reply

Aaldtimer
18-Jul-09, 02:40
Thats even worse than the "White Heater Club" Shudders !!!

That must be a domestic appliance programme!

Better than the Jim MacLeod show though!:)

Anne x
18-Jul-09, 22:50
That must be a domestic appliance programme!

Better than the Jim MacLeod show though!:)
never he was a one off dunblane hydro shows were a classic Bonny Kirkwall Bay his best

Junie
18-Jul-09, 23:39
Here is a copy of the email sent to me by itv tonight.

you will be pleased to hear that on Thursday this week we announced that ITV will be providing a repeat of The Bill on ITV3. The first repeat will be on Wednesday 29th July and then it will move to a regular slot of Monday's from 3rd August.

Hope this is of help
ITV Viewer Services - AT

This means I can still get my weekly fix of the bill