PDA

View Full Version : thunder and lightning again?

brandy
15-Jul-09, 15:39
anyone experiencing the thunder and lightning.. hubby just called from dounreay and said it was out there.. still nothing here in wick *G*

BINBOB
15-Jul-09, 15:40
anyone experiencing the thunder and lightning.. hubby just called from dounreay and said it was out there.. still nothing here in wick *G*

It is here in Halkirk....

Alice in Blunderland
15-Jul-09, 15:41
We were out in the garden and could hear thunder rumbling way off in the distance.

dietcokegirl
15-Jul-09, 15:43
Still going in Thurso...

Rheghead
15-Jul-09, 16:10
Electric went off for 2 minutes about 30 mins ago.

Connor.
15-Jul-09, 16:28
Yeah, in Halkirk it was pretty bad(don't know about anywhere else). Seemed to be coming this way through to Thurso though.

I saw some good flashes and there were some pretty loud rumbles.

Kevin Milkins
15-Jul-09, 16:36
I just drove back from Thurso and thunder and lightning there with very heavy rain on the roads. Take it steady.:eek:

Vistravi
15-Jul-09, 19:05
It was rumbly in ness, saw a few flashes. A few of the children were in tears as they are terrified of it.

balto
15-Jul-09, 20:39
oh it came back again, but thankfully not as bad as it was the other week, but it seems to have left a lovely evening.

brandy
15-Jul-09, 20:40
again nothing in wick... thurso is living up to its name!

balto
15-Jul-09, 20:42
again nothing in wick... thurso is living up to its name!
lol, as a child we were told that it was god getting angry, well all i can say is thurso must be full of bad people lol.

Fran
16-Jul-09, 00:32
Last night the electric was off in Tesco and it was in darkness apart from the emergency lighting at the tills area.
Ver bad thunder and lightning in inverness today and thick snow at the sides of the road at Tain.

Kevin Milkins
16-Jul-09, 00:35
Last night the electric was off in Tesco and it was in darkness apart from the emergency lighting at the tills area.
Ver bad thunder and lightning in inverness today and thick snow at the sides of the road at Tain.
Snow:eek::eek:

Fran
16-Jul-09, 00:42
Yes...snow...I thought I was seeing things but there were 3 of us and we all saw it!!!

Kevin Milkins
16-Jul-09, 00:50
Yes...snow...I thought I was seeing things but there were 3 of us and we all saw it!!!

It didn't have any wild cat paw prints in it did it Fran? lol

wifie
16-Jul-09, 02:08

You sure it wasn't accumulated hail stones - you get them wi thunder storms!

Fran
16-Jul-09, 02:40
No, there were no hailstones. Oh what a mystery, snow lying along the road!!!!![lol]:confused:

Kodiak
16-Jul-09, 13:37
Must have been some Tourist defrosting their Freezer from their RV. :lol:

feegilmour
16-Jul-09, 20:32
just had another big thunder storm down here scary stuff