PDA

View Full Version : gift ideas

only me
15-Jul-09, 14:18
hi has anybody got any different gift ideas for a male who has everything money is thoughtless thanks:Razz

Invisible
15-Jul-09, 16:11
hi has anybody got any different gift ideas for a male who has everything money is thoughtless thanks:Razz

depends how much you are looking to spend, my first thought when I read this thread was a flying lesson

shamrock2007
15-Jul-09, 16:16
The engraver up at Wick airport does fab stuff. We had a bit of mirrored glass engraved with a vintage tractor for my father in laws 60th. He can do anything you want. He loves doing vechiles.

Even Chance
15-Jul-09, 16:24
The engraver up at Wick airport does fab stuff. We had a bit of mirrored glass engraved with a vintage tractor for my father in laws 60th. He can do anything you want. He loves doing vechiles.

Aye yer right Shamrock, Willie Bain Engraving. He does some great gift ideas, and can engrave ANY picture onto glass/mirror etc.. etc.. for you. A really superb artist.:D Highly recommended.

dirdyweeker
15-Jul-09, 18:14
I would go with Willie Bain too. If you don't know what you want he will have helped you choose something really nice very quickly.
He is fantastic!

EDDIE
15-Jul-09, 20:51

Money might be thoughtless but its better than getting something u dont really want for example an engraved mirror or item would not be impressed just another item for the loft sorry.
I would have said an average guy would be gadget orientated or like invisable said a flying lesson or a day out doing something along that lines depending on were u live and cost.
What about something like play.com vouchers or itunes vouchers were he can pick some music or dvds.
I like getting play.com vouchers its good place to buy things at a good price and its a lazy way of buying dvds and getting it throught the post a couple of days later

tonkatojo
15-Jul-09, 21:00

Give him nowt, now that would be surprise. his face would be something to see, or would it if he has everything already. :)

only me
15-Jul-09, 21:21
thanks invisible thats a good idea also cheers for telling me about wullie bain just thought he did wedding and special occasion items thanks for your replys:Razz

mrsinkstack
15-Jul-09, 22:02
An engraved Ipod from the Apple Store, download his favourite tunes and load them on. Got some for Christmas presents for the bairns, green one with CFC on it, was a big hit :)

http://store.apple.com/uk/engrave/MB732ZO/A?mco=MTcyODA4Nw

joxville
15-Jul-09, 22:22
Penicillin or Tamiflu will do the trick. :cool:

WickWitch
16-Jul-09, 15:24

A woman who has nothing?

Or, depending on his age and values and gift value;
Sponsor a child/animal/village
A weekend away in a good hotel with a sporting occasion ie racing/rugby/football to go to.
An expensive and rare bottle of wine/whisky/other drink
A murder mystery weekend
Something that he has always wanted to do like drive a steam train, you can arrange trips where they get to go on the footplate of a train.
A badge that says 'I have everything'
A Mont Blanc pen.
If cash is tight then write a menu with a special treat..i.e.
Starters, a home cooked meal
Main Course; a massage with exotic oils
Dessert;....you can make up the rest ;)

only me
16-Jul-09, 16:00
Penicillin or Tamiflu will do the trick. :cool:
sorry to tell you this but hes actually allergic to penicilin and tamiflu is not recommended where i work the only virus i can see is you i was thinking on the lines of getting a token for a good hair stylist can you recommend any :Razz

only me
16-Jul-09, 16:01
A woman who has nothing?

Or, depending on his age and values and gift value;
Sponsor a child/animal/village
A weekend away in a good hotel with a sporting occasion ie racing/rugby/football to go to.
An expensive and rare bottle of wine/whisky/other drink
A murder mystery weekend
Something that he has always wanted to do like drive a steam train, you can arrange trips where they get to go on the footplate of a train.
A badge that says 'I have everything'
A Mont Blanc pen.
If cash is tight then write a menu with a special treat..i.e.
Starters, a home cooked meal
Main Course; a massage with exotic oils
Dessert;....you can make up the rest ;)
hi thanks for your ideas last one sounds the best:Razz

WickWitch
16-Jul-09, 16:29
It never fails to please and you both get to enjoy it :lol:

joxville
16-Jul-09, 18:40
sorry to tell you this but hes actually allergic to penicilin and tamiflu is not recommended where i work the only virus i can see is you i was thinking on the lines of getting a token for a good hair stylist can you recommend any :Razz
As if I would need know a hairdresser, I do my own! :D

Kodiak
16-Jul-09, 19:47
A gift for a person who has everything, ... I suggest a new and original Song. Go to here for details :-

http://www.give-a-song.com/

I bought one for my wife for her Birthday and that was the best gift I have ever given her.

Dadie
16-Jul-09, 20:30
Nice new undies for you (to be modelled for him)
And beer for him:lol:

only me
17-Jul-09, 11:14
A gift for a person who has everything, ... I suggest a new and original Song. Go to here for details :-

http://www.give-a-song.com/

I bought one for my wife for her Birthday and that was the best gift I have ever given her.
hi it sounds great thanks:Razz

only me
17-Jul-09, 11:15
Nice new undies for you (to be modelled for him)
And beer for him:lol:hi might just give it a try people that play together stay together:Razz