PDA

View Full Version : guilty or Not Guilty?

Fran
21-Mar-06, 23:51
Did any of you watch sean Jenkins being interviewd by Trevor Macdonald on television last night? Jenkins was charged with murdering his foster daughter in their home in hastings, essex. He was imprisoned and later set free.I thought he looked very guilty, he got more nervous as the interview went on,kept licking his lips etc. What did you think?[lol]

pultneytooner
21-Mar-06, 23:54
Unfortunately Fran, you can't jail someone because they look guilty.

Rheghead
21-Mar-06, 23:56
I actually don't think he is guilty, I do think he has a temper but having a temper does not make him a killer. I think his ex wife has accused him of domestic violence and he has denied that. Somehow the media has made his domestic violence with his wife to be tied up with his conviction of murder. i reckon that because he may be guilty of beating his wife but denying that has made him look guilty. Thus it can be easily misinterpreted that he has killed his step daughter. Total media manipulation in my view and totally wrong.

unicorn
21-Mar-06, 23:57
I didn't see it but I remember watching a documentary about it before and honestly thinking that I wouldn't like to be on the Jury, as I remember she had complained to friends just beforehand about a man who was seeming to stalk her, was he ever found and ruled out of the enquiry... it seems strange that she said this in the previous weeks and was then murdered.

angela5
22-Mar-06, 00:02
Did any of you watch sean Jenkins being interviewd by Trevor Macdonald on television last night? Jenkins was charged with murdering his foster daughter in their home in hastings, essex. He was imprisoned and later set free.I thought he looked very guilty, he got more nervous as the interview went on,kept licking his lips etc. What did you think?[lol]

Fran you'd be a tough judge.."hmmm! licking your lips..guilty"..[lol]
on a serious note fran i was only listening to parts of the interview..do i think he is guilty..i can't pass comment i don't know enough about the case..

pultneytooner
22-Mar-06, 00:05
Total media manipulation in my view and totally wrong.
A bit like when there is a report of a pervert it is always a balding pervert and he always has to be a loner.
The world isn't as cut and dried as the media makes out.
Some people that you'd think butter wouldn't melt in their mouths could be murderers, paedophiles or wifebeaters and some people you'd bet your bottom dollar were guilty could easily be innocent.

ice box
22-Mar-06, 00:08
Sorry Fran didn't see it so i cant pass judgment on it but the truth will come out it always does .

Fran
22-Mar-06, 00:12
It wasnt because he looked nervous that i thought he was guilty, although i didnt SAy he WAS guilty, but some of the facts trevor macdonald mentioned were not put before the court. his alibi at the time, his daughters saying he used to beat them, and the 10 minutes in which someone is supposed to have entered the house, murdered the girl and ran off,.......it just all seemed a bit odd to me.

pultneytooner
22-Mar-06, 00:17
Heres a link which may be of use to those wishing to know a bit more about the case:
http://www.innocent.org.uk/cases/sionjenkins/index.html

Fran
22-Mar-06, 00:23
Pultneytooner, thanks for that link. very interesting, i see its not over yet and will follow it with interest.

Chillie
22-Mar-06, 05:30
I watched bit's of it I also think it's a bit strange, but could true that someone was watching just waiting for the right moment to pounce then when he left,he struck then bolted.He has maintained all along it was'nt him so I say not guilty.

cuddlepop
22-Mar-06, 13:15
Fran i was sittind it the car when the news came over on the radio that he was aquitted.Listening to his telephone conversation to the emergency services made me feel uncomfortable .He was far to cool and articulate,it was if he had no emotion.He had just found his daughter murdered and yet was so restained in his vocab.
You am sure have met people in similar circumstances ,did you not find that strange.:confused:

jay
22-Mar-06, 14:31
I must admit I always thought the guy was innocent, never believed his wife's storys. The daughters seemed to admit last year that they were kept from telling the truth. However after watching that programme I was left feeling that he was a right creep and probably was guilty! just as well I wasn't on the jury

2little2late
22-Mar-06, 23:54
Trouble is, we will never know the truth. I for one thought he was innocent right from the off, but now after hearing different stories I have my doubts. His daughters now live in Tasmania and they say Sion Jenkins was a very strict father who used to chastise them with a cane at home. How do we know they weren't told to say this? His ex wife accuses him of beating her, how do we know she hasn't exaggerated the story?

Did Sion Jenkins really murder Billie Jo? He is adamant he never and has asked for the case to be reopened. Does he think, now he has been aquitted, he will not be part of the murder enquiry.

My head tells me he may have killed Billie Jo, but my heart wants me to believe he is innocent. The only one who will ever know is the man himself.

I just hope Sion Jenkins and all other families involved will be left in peace.

Fran
23-Mar-06, 02:20
I agree with all you say cuddlepop. there was no panic in his voice, he did not seem distraught or in schock. Why did he sit in his car before alerting the emergency services? so many unanswered questions.
Fran i was sittind it the car when the news came over on the radio that he was aquitted.Listening to his telephone conversation to the emergency services made me feel uncomfortable .He was far to cool and articulate,it was if he had no emotion.He had just found his daughter murdered and yet was so restained in his vocab.
You am sure have met people in similar circumstances ,did you not find that strange.:confused: