PDA

View Full Version : who would you interview and why?

porshiepoo
14-Jul-09, 17:20
Given the chance to interview anyone of your choice who would it be and why?
What would you ask them???

The idea for this thread came to me just now while I was watching the RnB download chart and noticed that MJ dominates it.
When he first died I was quick to diss him and it's only really now as I watch more and more of his videos that I'm remembering exactly what he was about before all the rumours started.
The messages in his music were way before his time, he addressed so many worldwide issues and i'm actually quite sad that he had to leave this world so young and undoubtedly with so much left to give.
Now I know that there are many many minds that would be more interesting and possibly more productive to interview but I would love to have had the chance to get inside the real MJ - so he's my choice.
As to what I would ask him, I don't really know, there's just so much innuendo surrounding his time here that I wouldn't know where to start.

So what about you guys? Would it be Obama? Elvis? Nelson Mandela? Hitler? Maybe Britney :eek:, and what would you ask???

Connor.
14-Jul-09, 18:02
I would interview Malcolm X.

Mainly because shortly before his death he stopped fighting for superiority and more for equality. I'd like to ask why he changed - if the reason was different than it is in books and films - and if he thought that equality would come more into fruitition given his change of thoughts and beliefs.

Rheghead
14-Jul-09, 18:11
Given the chance to interview anyone of your choice who would it be and why?
What would you ask them???

The idea for this thread came to me just now while I was watching the RnB download chart and noticed that MJ dominates it.
When he first died I was quick to diss him and it's only really now as I watch more and more of his videos that I'm remembering exactly what he was about before all the rumours started.
The messages in his music were way before his time, he addressed so many worldwide issues and i'm actually quite sad that he had to leave this world so young and undoubtedly with so much left to give.
Now I know that there are many many minds that would be more interesting and possibly more productive to interview but I would love to have had the chance to get inside the real MJ - so he's my choice.

Yeah, I'd like to interview MJ as well. I'd like to know why his lyrics are all about sorting the world out, why he proclaimed himself as a Peter Pan/Catcher in the Rye type and ask him why we should treat the message seriously when he couldn't sort his ownself out?

porshiepoo
14-Jul-09, 18:20
Yeah, I'd like to interview MJ as well. I'd like to know why his lyrics are all about sorting the world out, why he proclaimed himself as a Peter Pan/Catcher in the Rye type and ask him why we should treat the message seriously when he couldn't sort his ownself out?

But isn't that the way of the world? We're all capable of shouting about the right way to live, the wrongs and rights of the world, ethics etc but do we all follow our own advice 100% of the time? I certainly don't.
MJ simply sings about a life and/or a world that he would like to see.

joxville
14-Jul-09, 18:22

Not anymore he doesn't. :cool:

Rheghead
14-Jul-09, 18:24
But isn't that the way of the world? We're all capable of shouting about the right way to live, the wrongs and rights of the world, ethics etc but do we all follow our own advice 100% of the time? I certainly don't.

I consider myself as a prime example of that, now go and live in a cave with renewable electricity supplied by a local windfarm, take your bairns around in a bicycle and trailer and eat only local fruit and veg.[lol]

porshiepoo
14-Jul-09, 18:33
I would interview Malcolm X.

Mainly because shortly before his death he stopped fighting for superiority and more for equality. I'd like to ask why he changed - if the reason was different than it is in books and films - and if he thought that equality would come more into fruitition given his change of thoughts and beliefs.

I don't really know that much about this guy except that he was an advocate for African American rights.
I believe that Racism was a big part of his early childhood and probably helped form the arrogance he showed later in life.
Wasn't he a criminal also? Don't know if I have the right guy!
If I remember rightly didn't he then convert to Islam? I think he's the guy that changed his view on white people during a trip to Mecca?
The thing is that if a simple integration with White People can cause him to question all his previous beliefs and works then how strong were those beliefs in the first place? He made alot of noise on behalf of Black Americans and against White Americans, no doubt caused alot discord etc and was very vocal about his beliefs - all to be reversed during a visit to Mecca?! Guess Spirit got to him .lol.
Hmmmm, yes I guess he would be an interesting guy to interview.

porshiepoo
14-Jul-09, 18:35
Not anymore he doesn't. :cool:

lol. Guess I should have said 'sang'. :lol:

David Banks
14-Jul-09, 18:41
There are people I would like to talk to, but rather, people I would want to listen to and learn from. The word 'interview' suggests to me that I would need to have sufficient understanding of their lives to be able to conduct a 'proper' interview.
The people I would like to learn from include Ghandi and Mandela, and in a few years time Obama.
I would also like to ask Jesus about his reported "love your enemies . . ." and "turn the other cheek . . ." -- did he actually say these things, and if so, what were the full practical implications of those teachings ?

moureen
14-Jul-09, 19:03
It would have to be Sylvia Brown the American medium I watched her once on a chat show and she really was amazing.She could may be tell me the answer to "why" my son had to leave me so suddenly and if as I believe one day we will be together again.:cry:

Rheghead
14-Jul-09, 19:46
I would also like to ask Jesus about his reported "love your enemies . . ." and "turn the other cheek . . ." -- did he actually say these things, and if so, what were the full practical implications of those teachings ?

He'd probably say

" Goodness no, who said that? There were quite a few of us cultists going around at that time, mine was just the one that went big time"

Cedric Farthsbottom III
14-Jul-09, 19:48
I would like to interview Elvis.First question,why did ye die eating a beefburger on the loo?

Second question,ye were a hit in the late 50's and a major hit in the 60's,why did ye become a fat Las Vegas cabaret singer in the 70's.

Third question,see question one.:lol::lol:

bluechesse
14-Jul-09, 22:48
I'd like to interview the guy that puts the chocolate on Maltezers. Been wondering how thats done for years. I mean, no evidence of drips what so ever! Amazing!

Fran
14-Jul-09, 23:49
I would like to interview the head of NHS highland AND THEN COPY IT ON THE ORG SO THAT PEOPLE CAN SEE THAT THE MATERNITY UNIT IS not CLOSING.

Metalattakk
15-Jul-09, 01:25
I would like to interview Nikolai Trusevich (http://www.hyperhistory.org/index.php?option=displaypage&Itemid=714&op=page).

bobbyrussell09
15-Jul-09, 07:51
would interview the man that came up with the playstation

Flashman
15-Jul-09, 10:51
I would like to Interview Peter or rather Lord Mandelson so I could rip the dirty sleazy cheating politician to bits

dietcokegirl
15-Jul-09, 15:14
I would interview Freddie Mercury, only because I spent years idolising Queen and their music meant alot to me.

...and maybe Marilyn Munroe, i'd love to find out what really happened to her before she died. Did she overdose?? Or was there some big conspiracy?

shamrock2007
15-Jul-09, 16:19
I would love to interview Sophie Kinsella. She is the author of the Confessions of a shopaholic collection, think she is fab :D

Amy-Winehouse
16-Jul-09, 22:09
Id like to speak to Winston Churchill, Adolf Hitler & Jozef Stalin to see why they decided to do what they did, especially Stalin . Then I could get a writer to help me write the bestseller with all the secrets unveiled

Margaret M.
16-Jul-09, 23:32
I'd love to interview my parents. I have so many questions now when it's too late.

Sporran
18-Jul-09, 06:00
I would've liked to have interviewed John F Kennedy Jr. With the 10th anniversary of his death having just passed on July 16th, I was reminded of his tragic, premature death at the age of 38. What would be his status today, if he was still alive, I wonder?

OJS
18-Jul-09, 08:49
Martin Luther King, and the Dalai Lama. And Rory Bremner

Ian Botham

Stuck on a desert island with? Daley Thomson

scorrie
18-Jul-09, 16:25
I would like to interview Jesus.

Question 1) Have you any objection to taking a DNA test Sir?