PDA

View Full Version : desperate for childminder!

annemarie482
14-Jul-09, 15:25
this really is my last resort!

I'm looking for a child minder in or around wick for 2 kiddies 2 1/2yrs and 7 months.

i require the minder for 3 days

wed 9-2
thurs 9-6
sat 9-6

does anybody know anyone who might be able to do it?!

been looking over 4 months now, without success and my job now depends on it.

i would like to continue working but obviously my kiddies come first.

my partner works away and i am currently relying on family, which is not a permanent solution

no sarky comments please, just advice!

unicorn
14-Jul-09, 15:41
Have you contacted the care commission for an up to date list.

celtic lass
14-Jul-09, 16:19
this really is my last resort!

I'm looking for a child minder in or around wick for 2 kiddies 2 1/2yrs and 7 months.

i require the minder for 3 days

wed 9-2
thurs 9-6
sat 9-6

does anybody know anyone who might be able to do it?!

been looking over 4 months now, without success and my job now depends on it.

i would like to continue working but obviously my kiddies come first.

my partner works away and i am currently relying on family, which is not a permanent solution

no sarky comments please, just advice!
social work used to have a list of child minders theyr'e worth a try good luck

annemarie482
14-Jul-09, 17:29
thanks i'll give it a look.

margsin
14-Jul-09, 18:55
Try this link http://www.scottishchildcare.gov.uk/SearchResults.aspx?chisid=25&sopt=C&townid=373&cata=1&catb=&catc=&catd=

telfordstar
16-Jul-09, 22:29
Try this link http://www.scottishchildcare.gov.uk/SearchResults.aspx?chisid=25&sopt=C&townid=373&cata=1&catb=&catc=&catd=

Cheers for that link its pretty useful to know about.

TRUCKER
17-Jul-09, 07:29
There is a list of childminders on the business page on the org hope this helps:)

annemarie482
17-Jul-09, 11:01
ah! everyone EVERYONE i've phoned is full up and doesn't know another with spaces!
looks like it'll be bye bye work soon :( was nice having some adult company esp when other half working away.
at least i'll get more time with the bairns their most important :D
thanks to everyone for their help. most appreciated!
and if anyone hears of someone...........please let me know!

WickWitch
17-Jul-09, 11:07
What a shame. I know that it isn't what you want but have you thought of becoming a childminder yourself? There is obviously a shortage and you will be earning money as well as having time with your children. I know that it isn't the same as there is little adult interaction but it may be something to think of.

shamrock2007
17-Jul-09, 16:38
You will prob get childcare no problem for your 2days during the week its weekends that no one wants to childmind. I used to be a childminder & did unsociable hours but nobody else really wanted them. Have you tried Angela Levack?

annemarie482
17-Jul-09, 17:42
i tried her a month ago but she had no spaces....does she now?
thanks for the advice.

Skerries
17-Jul-09, 19:43
Good luck with your search. I hope it all works out for you. :D

shamrock2007
17-Jul-09, 21:06
I'm not sure not been speaking to her lately but it was just her & myself that kind of did wkends. I know that myself & a few others gave up this year so their is a shortage. Is there any way you could change your sat?

annemarie482
17-Jul-09, 21:49
i probably could change the sat to another week day if i could find a childminder that could do it.
its so hard finding a minder with one space never mind two though :(
and others have told me they dont take under 1's anyway.:(

unicorn
18-Jul-09, 20:39
childminders do take under ones but are limited in their numbers to only one under one at a time so it is a very limited space.

KCI
18-Jul-09, 20:53
childminders do take under ones but are limited in their numbers to only one under one at a time so it is a very limited space.

I think you can contact the Care Commission to have that changed in certain circumstances though - a variation on your Registration.

juls
22-Jul-09, 12:42
Are you still looking for a childminder? I am registered with the Care Commission and a member of the SCMA. I currently have vacancies and would be able to offer childcare for your children. If you would like more information please contact me and I will send you a welcome leaflet. My contact details are as follows:
Julie Eddleston
2 Thura Place
Bower
KW1 4TS
01955 641 289
07900 464895
julieeddleston@aol.com