PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter

porshiepoo
14-Jul-09, 09:42
Anyone else got themselves booked in for the first showing of Harry Potter tomorrow?
I've got the 4 of us booked and cannot wait - soooooooo excited.

Princess
14-Jul-09, 13:10
I am defo going to see it :D cant wait :)!!

Michael .Sk
15-Jul-09, 22:00
I went to see the film tonight have been waiting with great expectations but i,m afraid to say it was a big dissapointment. What was advertised as the best yet failed to live up to it. I Read the book and the film does not live up to it, if im not mistaken there is suppose to be a big fight at the end when Dumbaldore gets killed but it all happened in a whimper....Nothing not a wand raised. I sat for over 2 hours waiting for something to happen yet nothing very disappointing.

porshiepoo
15-Jul-09, 22:09
You sound like my OH. lol.
Personally I enjoyed it - after a slow start. I'd read the book so I already knew this film was going to be one of the more boring ones for me as I struggled to keep interested through the book.
This film is more about beginning to explain where Voldemort actually came from, but yes, Dumbledores death was a tad of an anti-climax.
I'll certainly go back and watch it again though.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
19-Jul-09, 22:49
Dumbledore gets killed?No,I can't believe it.The myster of all wizards gets his clogs.Naw,I've read the books,JK disnae say nothing about this.Man,see they film directors they take the law into their own hands.[lol][lol]

mrjolly
19-Jul-09, 22:53
I went to see the film tonight have been waiting with great expectations but i,m afraid to say it was a big dissapointment. What was advertised as the best yet failed to live up to it. I Read the book and the film does not live up to it, if im not mistaken there is suppose to be a big fight at the end when Dumbaldore gets killed but it all happened in a whimper....Nothing not a wand raised. I sat for over 2 hours waiting for something to happen yet nothing very disappointing.yes have to agree 2/10 from me:~(

Bobinovich
19-Jul-09, 23:30
I'm rather dismayed at the comments here. Although the 6th book was, for me, the worst of the bunch, I was hoping that they'd be able to find enough substance from said book to put together a decent film. However, after reading these posts I'm even contemplating not going to see this film, and just wait for the DVD instead :(

Has anybody got a positive views to make me change my mind :roll:?

Mik.M.
20-Jul-09, 11:02
I'm rather dismayed at the comments here. Although the 6th book was, for me, the worst of the bunch, I was hoping that they'd be able to find enough substance from said book to put together a decent film. However, after reading these posts I'm even contemplating not going to see this film, and just wait for the DVD instead :(

Sorry Bob but not from me,ZZZZZZZ.Harry Potter not my thing,ask Hev tho.

porshiepoo
20-Jul-09, 11:24

Nooooooooooooo, go to the piccies to watch it.
I admit I did find it very different from the others but it's still Harry Potter - c'mon!
I am actually very tempted to go watch it again.
The film is still true to the book as far as I remember. Dumbledores death was a tad fiffy but even so..................

Go Watch it! DVD is not the same as the big screen.

Fluff
20-Jul-09, 17:50
Myself and my OH saw this yesterday. We both enjoyed it, the story and acting were as good as ever, but it was very dull in terms of action. It all happens in the last 30 mins.
It felt like it was leading up to something, I think for the next film.
Still worth watching, any film is good to see at the cinema, but it was defiantly not as good as some of the previous instalments.

lynne duncan
20-Jul-09, 18:16
albus dumbledore definitely dies in the book with a little help from ******* *****

teddybear1873
20-Jul-09, 22:23
I really enjoyed the film. Can't wait to the last 2. Even though this one was dull but it gave more of an indepth story of Valdermore's past. Roll on 2010.

celtic1888
22-Jul-09, 11:43
I went yesterday and like most of you was disappointed.
There was only 3 main events that happened in the whole 2 hours.
I have to say its been the only Harry Potter film thats made me yawn and nearly sleep. Very disappointing..2/10
Im just glad i went on a tuesday when its only £3.50 rather than paying £7.10 to see it.

mrsinkstack
22-Jul-09, 20:21
I went to see the film tonight have been waiting with great expectations but i,m afraid to say it was a big dissapointment. What was advertised as the best yet failed to live up to it. I Read the book and the film does not live up to it, if im not mistaken there is suppose to be a big fight at the end when Dumbaldore gets killed but it all happened in a whimper....Nothing not a wand raised. I sat for over 2 hours waiting for something to happen yet nothing very disappointing.

Have to agree I'm afraid :( Best book - worst film - not impressed :( Excited for months as well, the saddo that I am. Even my nine year old thought the same. Hopefully the next one will be better !!

Helena Bonham Carter and newcomer Dave Legeno as the werewolf were fantastic !!

Kodiak
25-Jul-09, 20:40
I was in Dundee when I saw "Harry Potter Half Blood Prince" and I paid £8.25 Each !! A Total of £16.50...........Not the best film and the Ending...........Shudder!!!!.......Why oh why did they not just follow the Book? :(

Bobinovich
27-Jul-09, 00:49
What a load of tosh - I'm so disappointed :(. Like the book I found it to be the most tedious of the HP films to date, having very little substance with only a few effects to bolster the lack of anything else.

At one point I did hear someone have a wee snore in the audience - can't blame them really! Mind you someone sobbing at the death of Dumbledore actually bought a smile to my face - mad!