PDA

View Full Version : Rights with regard to Police Stop And Search

Olin
13-Jul-09, 21:08
Hey just wondering if any of the good people here at Caithness.org can tell me what a citizen's rights are when the police stop and search them.

What exactly happened was sometime last year myself and two of my mates were on our way down to the bakers at approx. 1am in the morning for some good ol' steak pies when it started "heaving" it down with rain. We decided to head to the train station to get some shelter until the rain died down and our 4th mate turned up.

When he did turn up he said "There's two people who want to speak to you." And two Officers came round the corner.

Police: Allright guys what we doing here?
Us: Just waiting in here 'til the rain dies down and then off to the bakers
Police: Yeah but why a train station?
Us: Closest place we could find that was sheltered
Police: Ok we're going to search you with regards to....

They then rattled off some law and number that I can't quite remember but it involved the word Drugs.

They instructed us to take our jackets off and I was wearing a boilersuit underneath (silly yes) but I was trying to keep warm!

Thye told me to take that off too...

Then we all had to empty our pockets out and give our details to them and get padded down...

After finding nothing the Officers then proceeded to get "the banter" with us and even ripped on one of us for smoking menthol cigarettes....

I what im wondering is, is there anything the police should have said such as name and station or that? And did we have to do everything like we did?

Any info or links greatly appreciated!

golach
13-Jul-09, 21:14
A wee look in Google will show you the powers of the police

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/n6m/scotland/your_rights/legal_system_scotland/police_powers_scotland.htm

Olin
13-Jul-09, 21:16
Nice one! I'll take a wee lookie! (Y)

I tried for the better half of tonight to do it but had no success!

I was finding "England and Wales" laws but no Scottish law =[

I then added Scotland and still couldn't find it!

Hopefully I'll find my answer here!

weeboyagee
13-Jul-09, 21:18
No issue here at all. It's the law. If your age is on the youthful side then I can imagine that at that time of the morning, given where you were and with no other reason than rain, it would be reasonable for the police to ensure that there was nothing untoward going on. If they were getting the banter then I would suggest that they realised that you were fine folks and wanted to make you feel OK after the experience.

If I were you folks I would take a pat on the back for being co-operative and look back on it with a smile!

WBG :cool:

starlight express
13-Jul-09, 21:31
As an employee of First Scotrail I have seen a lot of vandalism and mindless destruction at Thurso Station over the last few years and mainly during this past year. Lights have been smashed and windows and glass doors, and as soon as they were repaired, it was all smashed again usually in the early hours of the morning and mainly at weekends. I think the police were within their rights to question you and search you especially when you were in the Station at that time of night.

Connor.
13-Jul-09, 21:36
They should of given their name and maybe even their badge number.

You had an honest sounding story which means you wouldn't arise any suspicion therefore you would hardly look like you were carrying drugs.

I may be havering but i'm pretty sure that's how it is.

A valid point from that link:

In the above situations, the police should not require you to take off any clothing other than outer coat, jacket or gloves

Connor.
13-Jul-09, 21:39
As an employee of First Scotrail I have seen a lot of vandalism and mindless destruction at Thurso Station over the last few years and mainly during this past year. Lights have been smashed and windows and glass doors, and as soon as they were repaired, it was all smashed again usually in the early hours of the morning and mainly at weekends. I think the police were within their rights to question you and search you especially when you were in the Station at that time of night.

Surely though, they would just question what they were doing there, they wouldn't need to search them for drugs?

WickWitch
13-Jul-09, 21:39
It's life. Accept it and move on. They are doing a tough job in tough times. Be pleasant and cooperative and understand what it looks like from their point of view.
Did you get your pies afterward?

catran
13-Jul-09, 22:24
Good to see the boabies having a bit of banter with the youth of today. That's the way the old boabies of yester year got all their info and they got to know who was who and who were the baddies. I feel the boabies should be out on the beat in all weathers getting to know the young ones earning some respect from the youth of today and not this "Why should they do this and why should they do that". Tiptoes the old school, would give them a clout around the lug and tell them get home and they dare not tell when they went home or they would get another clout form the parents, never mind trying to find out if the boabies had infringed upon their human rights. Where will it all end .

M R
13-Jul-09, 22:30
The Police have had the right to (Stop & Search ) anyone who they think maybe upto no good.......

8 or more years back i was stopped + searched for drugs under this (new) law outside the holburn. I can tell you, i was not happy about it.. I asked for names and badge numbers, wich when i was found to be on the straight and narrow, they wernt all that keep on offering to me.......

There a plenty bad little shechters out there and they should be pulled more often, but as usual the cops are never in the right place at the right time and pick on the wrong folk (most of the time)

Alice in Blunderland
13-Jul-09, 22:40
Its a case of they are damned if they do damned if they don't. :confused

Never judge a book by its cover some of the most honourable looking folk can be right toe rags :eek:

It was late, the police were wondering so they stopped and searched.

Everything was ok a little light chat to ease the situation.

On the other hand they could have been drug dealers with intent to supply.....you can never tell.

If the police stop and search folk and as a result take drugs,knifes bad guys off the street is it not worth it for a little inconvenience?

upolian
14-Jul-09, 01:19
only a few weeks ago the police were travelling through to wick from thurso direction,i was walking home after having a couple of pints in the pub,as i was running up to my house 'was bursting for a piddle' [lol] i left my mate walking,the police had turned round and asked my mate why i ran into my house,so as i went outside they questioned me as to why i was running 'it looked suspicious'

got nothing better to do if you ask me,there was nothing suspicious about running,i was very unimpressed.

Metalattakk
14-Jul-09, 01:40
I'm very impressed. Good to see them doing their job.

Aaldtimer
14-Jul-09, 03:21
A policeman's number is in plain view on his epaullettes if you have any concern about his behaviour.
It's not usually more than three numbers, easy to memorise if needed.

oldmarine
14-Jul-09, 04:22
Hey just wondering if any of the good people here at Caithness.org can tell me what a citizen's rights are when the police stop and search them.

What exactly happened was sometime last year myself and two of my mates were on our way down to the bakers at approx. 1am in the morning for some good ol' steak pies when it started "heaving" it down with rain. We decided to head to the train station to get some shelter until the rain died down and our 4th mate turned up.

When he did turn up he said "There's two people who want to speak to you." And two Officers came round the corner.

They then rattled off some law and number that I can't quite remember but it involved the word Drugs.

They instructed us to take our jackets off and I was wearing a boilersuit underneath (silly yes) but I was trying to keep warm!

Then we all had to empty our pockets out and give our details to them and get padded down...

After finding nothing the Officers then proceeded to get "the banter" with us and even ripped on one of us for smoking menthol cigarettes....

I what im wondering is, is there anything the police should have said such as name and station or that? And did we have to do everything like we did?

Golach on his web site mentions 'drugs.' When you heard 'drugs' mentioned, that must have been the reason.

annemarie482
14-Jul-09, 11:07

you think thats bad!
wait till you hear this!
one night (about a year ago) when my partner was heading for Aberdeen at 1am to go offshore,
he noticed he was being followed REALLY closely by a black car with two men in it
he slowed down to let them pass, but they slowed down.
he pulled in a passing space, but they pulled in behind him.
a bit worried he was going to get jumped, he continued to drive south towards Helmsdale.
as he was driving through Helmsdale the car suddenly overtook, and swung in the middle of the road to stop him!
(by this point he was stopped outside the Belgrave hotel)
he could see 2 police cars parked outside the hotel, 4 policemen standing at the side of the road and 2 men in suits got out of the car blocking the road!
scared witless, and not knowing what he'd done wrong, he got out of the car to be told by cid he was suspected of robbing the Caithness post offices!!!
apparently they had been robbed by someone in a 4x4 with a false number plate heading south.
(we had just got our new personalised reg which the police records apparently weren't recognizing yet!)
they began to search the car until one of the uniform police men shouted stop!
we've got the wrong person, i know this man, he's from caithness, he's probably going offshore!
cid had followed him from wick but had to wait for uniform till stop him!
talk about wrong place at the wrong time!!!

Olin
14-Jul-09, 13:22
It's life. Accept it and move on. They are doing a tough job in tough times. Be pleasant and cooperative and understand what it looks like from their point of view.
Did you get your pies afterward?

That's ridiculous, Understand it from their point of view?

I think after hearing a very valid explanation for what we were doing and considering the circumstances we should not have been searched.

Tough job? You mean boring job... one where they have to go and FIND things to do/people to hassle

loganbiffy
14-Jul-09, 13:34
It is within the Police's rights to search someone who they may be suspicous of.
Up here they seem to have nothing better to do though, all common sense goes out the window with the Northern Constabulary.

A mate of mine was putting new window washer fluid in his car at Thurso Harbour when an Officer approached and asked him to press his button for the washer fluid to come out. None came through first time of asking and he stated that it was illegal!

My mate explained that he could quite clearly see he was refilling it and he said it wasn't good enough, it should come through when pressed, he ended up with some £20 spot fine, just shows the boredom Thurso Police suffer from.

tonkatojo
14-Jul-09, 14:17
It is within the Police's rights to search someone who they may be suspicous of.
Up here they seem to have nothing better to do though, all common sense goes out the window with the Northern Constabulary.

A mate of mine was putting new window washer fluid in his car at Thurso Harbour when an Officer approached and asked him to press his button for the washer fluid to come out. None came through first time of asking and he stated that it was illegal!

My mate explained that he could quite clearly see he was refilling it and he said it wasn't good enough, it should come through when pressed, he ended up with some £20 spot fine, just shows the boredom Thurso Police suffer from.

Bigger fool him for paying it, I doubt any court would have upheld that, more so with witnesses, if any.

loganbiffy
14-Jul-09, 14:29
Bigger fool him for paying it, I doubt any court would have upheld that, more so with witnesses, if any.

That's the whole point, Police are supposed to be there to protect and serve. Be sure to let me know when that happens ;)

tonkatojo
14-Jul-09, 14:42
That's the whole point, Police are supposed to be there to protect and serve. Be sure to let me know when that happens ;)

OK will bear you in mind , LOL.
How old are you.?. [lol]

Olin
14-Jul-09, 15:09

This takes the biscuit like!

Not keen on bit!

Can anyone tell me do you have to give your name to the police if they ask for it? Or like your address?

It's just one time I was walking past a group where the police were taking names because there was supposedly vandalism going on and they shouted me over and took my name and address too because I was walking past? Ridiculous!

loganbiffy
14-Jul-09, 15:17
OK will bear you in mind , LOL.
How old are you.?. [lol]

Old enough to know that some police officers up here lack common sense. ;)

veekay
14-Jul-09, 17:05
Sad fact is loganbiffy, common sense is a real rarity nowadays.

Connor.
14-Jul-09, 18:06
Can anyone tell me do you have to give your name to the police if they ask for it? Or like your address?

It's just one time I was walking past a group where the police were taking names because there was supposedly vandalism going on and they shouted me over and took my name and address too because I was walking past? Ridiculous!

I'm pretty sure that(the above) was wrong of them.

Yet again, unless of course they have any suspicion(if you were just walking past why would they suspect you?) they can take your name.

As soon as you tell them your name you enter a legally binding verbal contract to co-operate. However, when they asked you for your name you could of refused unless they gave you a valid reason why they want it, which they wouldn't of if you were walking past.

loganbiffy
14-Jul-09, 18:08
Sad fact is loganbiffy, common sense is a real rarity nowadays.

Very, very true. It takes a backseat a lot of the time!

northener
15-Jul-09, 14:41

If this actually took place then I would suggest that your 'friend' has been somewhat economical with the truth when relating the tale to you......

...As soon as you tell them your name you enter a legally binding verbal contract to co-operate. However, when they asked you for your name you could of refused unless they gave you a valid reason why they want it, which they wouldn't of if you were walking past.

Could you provide sources regarding the 'legally binding contract' bit? It sounds suspect to me.

That's ridiculous, Understand it from their point of view?

I think after hearing a very valid explanation for what we were doing and considering the circumstances we should not have been searched.

Tough job? You mean boring job... one where they have to go and FIND things to do/people to hassle

You're hanging about in a building at 1am. Do you honestly believe any copper worth his salt is going to go along with every glib excuse he hears?
They're doing their job, they didn't detain you longer than necessary and kept the whole thing polite.

You'd soon change your tune if they'd let a couple of guys 'walk' near your house - only to find out the next day that they were tooled for housebreaking and had just nicked your wallet and iPod from your house....... Would you be moaning about stop and search then?
I don't think so.

Contrary to popular belief, housebreakers and dealers don't all look like cartoon villians. Most just look like members of Joe Public.

Nothing to be offended about, Sir. Just move along now.

redeyedtreefrog
15-Jul-09, 19:55
Think they can only search you if they have a reason for it, and if that reason is backed up by suitable evidence, eg. they cant search you on the basis of age, race, religion, tradition, etc..

tonkatojo
15-Jul-09, 20:05
Think they can only search you if they have a reason for it, and if that reason is backed up by suitable evidence, eg. they cant search you on the basis of age, race, religion, tradition, etc..

You must be very naive Red Eye if you think that. :roll:

redeyedtreefrog
15-Jul-09, 20:17
You must be very naive Red Eye if you think that. :roll:

Might only be if you're under 16 though, hold on I'll check...
http://www.youngscot.org/channels/law/?ss=134&s=46&sr=68&ID=442 Its got a bit about the police for under 16s. Here's the important, relevant bit though:

If the police want to search you, you are entitled to find out why. However if the police have reasonable suspicion that you are carrying illegal drugs or a weapon, they are allowed to search you. The colour of your skin, your clothes, hairstyle or age are not valid reasons to search you.

LMS
15-Jul-09, 20:27
I have got nothing to hide and the police can search me at any time of night or day. That is what they are there for. IMHO, only people with something to hide or a chip on their shoulder, will complain. Lurking anywhere in the early hours, for good reason or otherwise, should flag warning signals for any decent cop.

american gal
15-Jul-09, 23:05
The police in wick/thurso do what they want and dont even try to complain they cover each other. Searching for someone without a warrent babbling a load o numbers they trampled ma house threatned to hit me wai the batton by smaking it on the floor just because a person/persons were seen outside my house in castletown which they were looking for. Im still confused by it all. but no matter what any of us think or say if we are in fear for our life or we get a break in ect we will phone the bobbies!!!:roll:

Olin
16-Jul-09, 12:57
I have got nothing to hide and the police can search me at any time of night or day. That is what they are there for. IMHO, only people with something to hide or a chip on their shoulder, will complain. Lurking anywhere in the early hours, for good reason or otherwise, should flag warning signals for any decent cop.

That is utter nonsense tbh...

And as for that other clown Northerner....

You are saying that people who have good reason to hide something? And also that they didn't detain us any longer than necessary?

I'm pretty sure if you were walking down the street and had a destination to go to and it was pouring with rain, windy and cold that you would try to get there as quick as possible? (Correct me if wrong!)

By them interfering and questioning us with attitude (hard to put how bad an attitude is into words) it did detain us for longer than necessary... they shouldn't have even questioned us? Or taken our names or anything in my opinion....

Surely people waiting at the train station may be liable to searches and questioning as its such a suspicious place?

And as for something to hide... I am complaining because I generally hate the way the police tackle young folk in Thurso, If I were guilty they would have found something no?

And if anyone is going to respond with something saying "It looked suspicious" then I'd like to see the steps they take in labelling someone as suspicious?

LMS
16-Jul-09, 15:15

You are saying that people who have good reason to hide something? And also that they didn't detain us any longer than necessary?

I'm pretty sure if you were walking down the street and had a destination to go to and it was pouring with rain, windy and cold that you would try to get there as quick as possible? (Correct me if wrong!)

By them interfering and questioning us with attitude (hard to put how bad an attitude is into words) it did detain us for longer than necessary... they shouldn't have even questioned us? Or taken our names or anything in my opinion....

Surely people waiting at the train station may be liable to searches and questioning as its such a suspicious place?

And as for something to hide... I am complaining because I generally hate the way the police tackle young folk in Thurso, If I were guilty they would have found something no?

And if anyone is going to respond with something saying "It looked suspicious" then I'd like to see the steps they take in labelling someone as suspicious?

I think the point that you are missing is that it was 1am, not 1pm. At 1am, anyone lurking about in a boilersuit is fair game for being stopped by the police. Also, having lived in Thurso for many years, I don't believe that the police in Thurso have a bad attitude to young folk.

golach
16-Jul-09, 15:29

People in any railway station acting out of the ordinary are frequently searched. And many drug seizures are found this way, and thats how it should be.
You just lucky it was the Northern Constabulary that questioned you and not the British Rail Police, they do not mess about.

tonkatojo
16-Jul-09, 15:35
People in any railway station acting out of the ordinary are frequently searched. And many drug seizures are found this way, and thats how it should be.
You just lucky it was the Northern Constabulary that questioned you and not the British Rail Police, they do not mess about.

"they do not mess about"
could you enlighten me ?

Connor.
16-Jul-09, 21:00
I think the point that you are missing is that it was 1am, not 1pm. At 1am, anyone lurking about in a boilersuit is fair game for being stopped by the police. Also, having lived in Thurso for many years, I don't believe that the police in Thurso have a bad attitude to young folk.

That's ridiculous, as stated in a different post, they are not allowed to subject you to "interrogation" regardless of what you're wearing/look like. It was an honest situation which required nothing of what they were subject to and it's simply a case of - They've got nothing better to do.

Rheghead
16-Jul-09, 21:05
I would have thought that people loitering around a railway station at 1am would be a suitable group for stop and search.

Connor.
16-Jul-09, 21:08
I would have thought that people loitering around a railway station at 1am would be a suitable group for stop and search.

1) you weren't there so cannot possibly judge the situation
2) it was raining and it's a sheltered area.

If you saw people loitering around a bus shelter would you assume the same thing.

:roll:

Rheghead
16-Jul-09, 21:36
If you saw people loitering around a bus shelter would you assume the same thing.

At 1am then yes.

golach
16-Jul-09, 23:41
1) you weren't there so cannot possibly judge the situation
2) it was raining and it's a sheltered area.

Yes !!! at 1am with no buses running at that time of the night, that in its self is suspicious

Connor.
17-Jul-09, 01:17
Yes !!! at 1am with no buses running at that time of the night, that in its self is suspicious

but it's raining! sigh :roll::lol:

*facepalm*

Kevin Milkins
17-Jul-09, 08:22
I usually walk my dog at that time of morning all around Wick and I am surprised that the old bill has not stopped and asked why I would be out and about at that time. A police car has seen me on several occasions in different locations and now they just give me a wave.

If I was a police officer on the beat at that time then I would at least approach in a diplomatic way and ask a few questions to ascertain whether a person out and about at that time was up to no good and I would have no problem being stopped and questioned about my walkabout.

The line between goodies and baddies is a thin one and I would have thought four youths hanging about a train station at that time would attract the attention of the law and as a member of the public I would be disappointed if the police did not take the action they did.

Something to remember about a policeman’s lot is, how do they know that you are not going to pull guns or knives on them until they are certain you are not carrying them?

Rheghead
17-Jul-09, 09:08
Kevin, I think you would have the look of someone just out to walk their dog rather than a thief on the prowl or worse. Dogs are hard to conceal on a chase from the law.:D

Kevin Milkins
17-Jul-09, 09:23
Kevin, I think you would have the look of someone just out to walk their dog rather than a thief on the prowl or worse. Dogs are hard to conceal on a chase from the law.:D

You have not seen me out walking the dog then. :lol:
http://images.joke.co.uk/images/webshop/medium/62548.jpg

jock196640
17-Jul-09, 21:59

Yes what to do in this circumstance is to take the fixed penalty and then don't pay it. The PROCURATOR FISCAL would not touch this with a barge pole. Defense "the water has just ran out." If this did happen then shame on the officer who should be chasing thieves and druggies and not alienating the poor motorist!

celtic1888
18-Jul-09, 00:36

End of the day 'Olin, you were im guessing 16 or 17 at the time, hanging around a closed train station late at night.. pfft, course its raising suspision, i would of asked you for an explaination.. imo "because it was raining" aint good enough to be let off..
Its always the same with the police, late weekend night, groups of youths hanging about.. what did you expect?

Rheghead
18-Jul-09, 08:44
So he was a youth who was detained at a railway station at 1am by the coppers. Get over it, not the end of the world, he hasn't been a proper youth unless he has been questioned by the police.:roll:

celtic1888
18-Jul-09, 23:25
So he was a youth who was detained at a railway station at 1am by the coppers. Get over it, not the end of the world, he hasn't been a proper youth unless he has been questioned by the police.:roll:

So your saying that every teenager has to be questioned by the police to be a "proper youth"?! lolsssssss :L!!!

northener
21-Jul-09, 12:36
Olin,

When you grow up, you will (if you are smart enough) realise that you do not have the God-given right to hang about on property that does not belong to you at 1am in the morning.

Every Plod in the Far North knows there are no trains at that time of night. So on that basis your being there is grounds for questioning and a search. Period.

Stop being so 'offended' because the police followed through their enquiry with a legitimate search of someone who is hanging around in an area where they have no legitimate reason to be.

As for your "I am complaining because I generally hate the way the police tackle young folk in Thurso" - just how do the Plod 'tackle' them?

Baton round the head? Rounding up young people and shoving them into the back of a van? Constantly moving young people on for no reason? Creating 'offences' to charge them with? Extortion?

Please do tell, I'd love to hear how police brutality and vindictive harassment is sending the youths of Thurso into a cowering crouch......

Olin
21-Jul-09, 12:59
Olin,

When you grow up, you will (if you are smart enough) realise that you do not have the God-given right to hang about on property that does not belong to you at 1am in the morning.

Every Plod in the Far North knows there are no trains at that time of night. So on that basis your being there is grounds for questioning and a search. Period.

Stop being so 'offended' because the police followed through their enquiry with a legitimate search of someone who is hanging around in an area where they have no legitimate reason to be.

As for your "I am complaining because I generally hate the way the police tackle young folk in Thurso" - just how do the Plod 'tackle' them?

Baton round the head? Rounding up young people and shoving them into the back of a van? Constantly moving young people on for no reason? Creating 'offences' to charge them with? Extortion?

Please do tell, I'd love to hear how police brutality and vindictive harassment is sending the youths of Thurso into a cowering crouch......

Seriously? Like you for real yes?

Did i mention police brutality?

No.

It is perhaps not harassment but more the abuse of powers or something along that lines. Don't really know what words to use you see since I say "I hate the way they tackle" you take that as "police brutality"

How old are you by the way? Just for arguements sake.

I have been moved on several times by the police form the public swing park from various times between 7-10pm. This was for no reason and because I wasn't old enough for the pubs I didn't see where else we were meant to go?

There was actually an article in the paper about that and it caused quite an uproar with some people's mothers because there was no need for it.

One example of the police being out of order (in my opinion) goes like this.

One night there were several of us at the bakers. Quite a large group actually about 15-20 people. A lot of them were intoxicated, however I was not. There were 4 of us who weren't drunk.

The police showed up as the drunk ones had started getting rowdy. This was understandable. The two officers who showed up were female and couldn't really control the racket. When they started calming the drunks down they started speaking to the whole lot of us warning the bakers wouldnt sell at 1am in the morning due to the noise, again understandable, and that we had to make this our last time going there.

A few drunks started raging and shouting out of them.

I then turned to one standing beside me who was a friend of mine and said the words "Swannie shoosh min, the officers are speaking to you"

They then said "right you in the back of the van"

They took me by the arm and i said "Why are you doing this?"

Their claim was "being disrespectful to a police officer"

I said "how was I?" they said theyd tell me in the van.

When I was in the van and answering questions they asked me where I lived and where my parents were and if they knew I was out. I told them yes and complied. I then said "why am I being taken in here again?"

Their answer "Being drunk in a public place"

Change of reason. Wrong in my opinion.

They then tried to phone my parents but couldnt get a signal and let me off.....

Ridiculous. They never even took one drunk in the van.....

Two female officers not happy that a group of males were disrespecting them. And I have been informed that one of them powertrips the whole time.

northener
21-Jul-09, 13:06
Seriously? Like you for real yes?

Did i mention police brutality?

No.

It is perhaps not harassment but more the abuse of powers or something along that lines. Don't really know what words to use you see since I say "I hate the way they tackle" you take that as "police brutality"

How old are you by the way? Just for arguements sake.

I have been moved on several times by the police form the public swing park from various times between 7-10pm. This was for no reason and because I wasn't old enough for the pubs I didn't see where else we were meant to go?

There was actually an article in the paper about that and it caused quite an uproar with some people's mothers because there was no need for it.

One example of the police being out of order (in my opinion) goes like this.

One night there were several of us at the bakers. Quite a large group actually about 15-20 people. A lot of them were intoxicated, however I was not. There were 4 of us who weren't drunk.

The police showed up as the drunk ones had started getting rowdy. This was understandable. The two officers who showed up were female and couldn't really control the racket. When they started calming the drunks down they started speaking to the whole lot of us warning the bakers wouldnt sell at 1am in the morning due to the noise, again understandable, and that we had to make this our last time going there.

A few drunks started raging and shouting out of them.

I then turned to one standing beside me who was a friend of mine and said the words "Swannie shoosh min, the officers are speaking to you"

They then said "right you in the back of the van"

They took me by the arm and i said "Why are you doing this?"

Their claim was "being disrespectful to a police officer"

I said "how was I?" they said theyd tell me in the van.

When I was in the van and answering questions they asked me where I lived and where my parents were and if they knew I was out. I told them yes and complied. I then said "why am I being taken in here again?"

Their answer "Being drunk in a public place"

Change of reason. Wrong in my opinion.

They then tried to phone my parents but couldnt get a signal and let me off.....

Ridiculous. They never even took one drunk in the van.....

Two female officers not happy that a group of males were disrespecting them. And I have been informed that one of them powertrips the whole time.

Welcome to the world of late night policing, Olin!:Razz

So, from your two experiences of the Police late at night you can now deduce that:

1: Hanging around in buildings late at night is going to draw attention from Plod.

2: Plod, when dealing with noisy drunken people can get a bit shirty and occasionally pick on a wrong one. If you had to deal with these situations on a regular basis, perhaps you too would be subject to moments of bad decision making.

Poop happens, Olin. Poop happens.

weeboyagee
21-Jul-09, 16:59
Spoons in your house are a rare thing these days the amount of times you go into the drawer for on Reggers me boy!

WBG :cool:

celtic1888
24-Jul-09, 10:21
By the amount of times you have been "tackled, or moved along" by the police, maybe you should have learnt your lesson by now?
Obv not.
This just seems like a sob story thread..