PDA

View Full Version : weird happenings

bt total broadband
13-Jul-09, 20:52
hi everyone,i hope i am on the right thread here but can anyone please help solve this mystery for me.i live in the dunbeath area and late friday night my son woke me to say our dog was making a strange noise,but the poor dog was as quiet as a mouse.i thought my son was dreaming until next morning when i went into my back garden something had scratched all my wheelie bin my kitchen window was all scratched on the outside and the mess was unbelieveable.this thing has even been on my roof what ever it is it certainly has sharp claws to do that amount of damage.i really need to know if anyone else has had this problem and if anyone knows who i can report this to.[evil]

teenybash
13-Jul-09, 21:03
Certainly sounds very strange indeed........first thing that pops into my mind is a cat = scratch marks on wheelie bin and windows and roof.
Could have been a feral cat, Scottish wild cat even, though they are not fussy for humans.......Fox would be unlikely to have clawed or pawed your window..........I would go for a very hungry cat.
Time for you to do a bit of detective work by putting out some food, lights out and watch to see what animal comes to feed.
Keep us posted.....:)

telfordstar
13-Jul-09, 21:07
hi everyone,i hope i am on the right thread here but can anyone please help solve this mystery for me.i live in the dunbeath area and late friday night my son woke me to say our dog was making a strange noise,but the poor dog was as quiet as a mouse.i thought my son was dreaming until next morning when i went into my back garden something had scratched all my wheelie bin my kitchen window was all scratched on the outside and the mess was unbelieveable.this thing has even been on my roof what ever it is it certainly has sharp claws to do that amount of damage.i really need to know if anyone else has had this problem and if anyone knows who i can report this to.[evil]

No offence when i say this but I am so glad I dina live in the country thing like that would really freak me out. I hope you suss out whats gone on and like teenybash says keep us posted.

fudge100
13-Jul-09, 21:24
are you the same person who reported to the police that there was a werewolf prowling around the dunbeath area? i reckon you have 2 options open to you.firstly you can have the water in your area checked out as it sound like there is something in it.or alternatively you could buy a rifle and a handful of silver bullets.hope you get well soon.

WickWitch
13-Jul-09, 21:28
I'd be going to bed with ropes of garlic and a crucifix!
Seriously though it could be anything from a squirrel to an alien. You will just have to stay up and watch or get CCTV rigged up. I'm surprised that the dog wasn't disturbed.

the second coming
13-Jul-09, 21:46
Tonight, ITV4 - 22:05 hours - The Howling.

This will answer all your questions!

telfordstar
13-Jul-09, 21:52
are you the same person who reported to the police that there was a werewolf prowling around the dunbeath area? i reckon you have 2 options open to you.firstly you can have the water in your area checked out as it sound like there is something in it.or alternatively you could buy a rifle and a handful of silver bullets.hope you get well soon.

Ohhhhh do I detect some sarcasm there.:lol::lol:

BINBOB
13-Jul-09, 22:17
[quote=telfordstar;573039]Ohhhhh do I detect some sarcasm there.:lol:/quote]

on the org...NEVER:lol:

maybe it was a BIG CAT....:roll:

bt total broadband
13-Jul-09, 22:21
yes sarcasim isnt the word ignore that thread from fudge 100 its my brother .i dont sleep well at night so please no scary ones please,im on my own with 2 little ones.as for cctv just waiting to get it instauld the sooner the better[evil]

NapalmDeath74
13-Jul-09, 22:53
The police have told Gamekeepers, Country rangers etc to report the sighting of big cats to them only and don't talk a word about what you seen to anybody, apparently certain types of big cats are breeding in the UK a lot of sighting are reported to the police are never released to the press, one or two sighting a year are released to the press by members of the public. http://www.citydirt.net/Black_Panther_on_mud_hill.jpg

webmannie
13-Jul-09, 23:30
ssshhh, what's that noise? I can hear something outside.

Kevin Milkins
13-Jul-09, 23:34
I have only ever seen a Scottish wild cat once and that was in Dunbeath.

It is proberbly nothing at all to concern yourself about and will find a logicle explanation in time and have a good laugh to yourself.:lol:

The trouble is when you are on your own out in the sticks any little noise will make your mind run riot.:eek:

Metalattakk
13-Jul-09, 23:42

Have you checked the bonnet of your motor for dancing teenagers? :D

Metalattakk
13-Jul-09, 23:54
I have only ever seen a Scottish wild cat once and that was in Dunbeath.

It is proberbly nothing at all to concern yourself about and will find a logicle explanation in time and have a good laugh to yourself.:lol:

The trouble is when you are on your own out in the sticks any little noise will make your mind run riot.:eek:

Not just out in the sticks, it would seem.

The following is a transcript from the JoG Journal from around August 2004, names have been removed for obvious reasons:

A MYSTERIOUS big cat has been spotted roaming Thurso.

Worried walkers watched the puma like creature on a popular footpath in the Lower Burnside area of the town on Tuesday afternoon around 2.30pm.

The animal appeared behind a row of houses before jumping onto a shed roof and disappearing into overgrown wasteland.

Husband and wife **** and ********* *******, of ***** Crescent, Thurso, were enjoying a quiet stroll along Victoria Walk - which runs along the clifftops from Thurso to Scrabster - when they were stopped in their tracks by the sight of the big cat.

The strange creature was the size of a Labrador dog with a long, straight tail and was brown in colour.

Speaking to the John O'Groat Journal, Mr ******* said: "I couldn't believe what I was looking at. When we came to the end of the path at Lower Burnside we saw what we now take to be a large cat of the cougar species.

"We were looking at an old ruin known as the Bishop's Palace which looks like an old bomb shelter when we noticed it. It was sitting on a fencepost and then jumped onto a garden outbuilding, slinked along the edge and jumped into trees in the garden.To be honest, I hardly think an animal the size of a Mountain Lion would be balanced on a flippin' fence-post. [lol]

Karen
13-Jul-09, 23:57
It could be crows, I believe they have been known to do that sort of thing.

brandy
14-Jul-09, 01:02
then youve never seen a mountain lion.. they can easily balance on a fence post. brrn a few years since ive seen any wild big cats, but growing up bob cats were quite common in our woods and back garden. not lion size but not small either *G*

upolian
14-Jul-09, 01:09
local cat had to much to drink?

The Angel Of Death
14-Jul-09, 01:13
local cat had to much to drink?

Maybe a local with to much to drink ;)

Metalattakk
14-Jul-09, 01:21
then youve never seen a mountain lion.. they can easily balance on a fence post.

So one of these:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z55/Metalattakk/mountainlion.jpg

Can balance on one of these*?

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z55/Metalattakk/fencepost.jpg

May I be the first to cry "BULL DUST!!"

*obviously the fencepost, not the heilan' coo! :D

upolian
14-Jul-09, 01:29
think it mite rain a few minutes after that photo was taken :eek:
poor coo

Metalattakk
14-Jul-09, 01:37
think it mite rain a few minutes after that photo was taken :eek:
poor coo

I think that pic might have been touched up a bit on PhotoShop. ;)

upolian
14-Jul-09, 01:40
[lol]
I think that pic might have been touched up a bit on PhotoShop. ;)

so its just a big cat way horns

Metalattakk
14-Jul-09, 01:44
[lol][lol]

You think those are horns??? :eek:

upolian
14-Jul-09, 01:47
You think those are horns??? :eek:

i think its a dodgy photoshop lol

i bet the picture was taken on the 6/6/06

hence the horns :eek:

Aaldtimer
14-Jul-09, 03:30
Rule of thumb...if the dog ain't bothered, you shouldn't be!
If the dog is cowering in a corner...that's a different story!:eek:

Aaldtimer
14-Jul-09, 03:56
The police have told Gamekeepers, Country rangers etc to report the sighting of big cats to them only and don't talk a word about what you seen to anybody, apparently certain types of big cats are breeding in the UK a lot of sighting are reported to the police are never released to the press, one or two sighting a year are released to the press by members of the public. http://www.citydirt.net/Black_Panther_on_mud_hill.jpg

And of course, ND74, you have a reliable source for this information...links etc.?[disgust]

oldmarine
14-Jul-09, 04:17

If that happened here in Arizona, I would suspect a Puma (otherwise know as a mountainlion). Never heard of anything like that in Caithness.

bt total broadband
14-Jul-09, 10:40
i dont think this is a laughing matter.i asked for anyone with any help to come forward not people with stupid minds put yourself in our place and if you think its that funny your welcome to come along and see what it is for yourself.im not usually scared of any thing but this creeped me out.this morning found my dog on the kitchen table so its scaring him too,hope my cctv gets fitted soon:(

whitecloud
14-Jul-09, 11:50
Poor woman I am sure folk dont mean to be ignorant of your real fear, especially being on your own with children, I am sure they are only trying to lighten something that seems pretty scary.Have you contacted the police or animal welfare, maybe someone with experience in wild animals could come and look at the scratch marks to see if they could pick up what it could be. I hope everything works out ok for you and you get to the root of what has been causing this upset.
love light and blessings
whitecloud

unicorn
14-Jul-09, 12:20
If you have evidence ie scratch marks I would be reporting it here and looking to see if they will investigate
http://www.britishbigcats.org/news.php or here http://www.bigcatmonitors.co.uk/

bt total broadband
14-Jul-09, 12:33
If you have evidence ie scratch marks I would be reporting it here and looking to see if they will investigate
http://www.britishbigcats.org/news.php or here http://www.bigcatmonitors.co.uk/thanks for that,i have got someone this morning investigating it,as it returned again last night.but may still give the british big cats a call.poor dogs terrified

Stefan
14-Jul-09, 12:38
Time for you to do a bit of detective work by putting out some food, lights out and watch to see what animal comes to feed.
Keep us posted.....:)

Now, I wouldn't recommend feeding the animal you are trying to get rid of. I'd leave the lights on, music playing or TV on to make it most uncomfortable near the house. Would also move the wheelie bin as far away from the house as possible.

If it was a very hungry domesticated cat it would probably call in during the day, not at night.

One idea might be to get one of those door alarm thingies... can't mind what they are called. They make a noise when you put them in a doorway and walk past. Put one buy the back door or where you think the animal comes to mostly and hope the noise will deter the animal. Might have to risk it getting wet and broken though, unless you have somewhere where it can be shielded from the weather.

It's not exactly the time of year when it's hard to find prey outside, so it seems a bit strange for this to be a wild animal.

I am not in Caithness at the moment so can't really help, otherwise I'd be happy to spend a night outside your house to see what's happening.

unicorn
14-Jul-09, 12:38
I can imagine that must be absolutely terrifying for you. Are you in the moddle of nowhere? Strange that it is returning. The other possibility may be a badger I am thinking claws and damage. Have you found any paw prints at all?

bt total broadband
14-Jul-09, 12:52
I can imagine that must be absolutely terrifying for you. Are you in the moddle of nowhere? Strange that it is returning. The other possibility may be a badger I am thinking claws and damage. Have you found any paw prints at all?no i have not seen paw prints,but to be honest havent hung about long enough to look.

unicorn
14-Jul-09, 12:54
Is anyone around you having any problems? Shame you have no paw prints as it may help set your mind at rest.

unicorn
14-Jul-09, 13:03
Here is a forum that may be of some help http://scotcat.proboards.com/index.cgi

Thumper
14-Jul-09, 13:17
I would have been inclined to say it may have been a badger but if it has been on the roof etc then that kind of rules it out.Possibly it is a feral cat but best to call in someone in the know and get answers asap,I hope you get to the bottom of this quickly,like you I live alone with my kids and it can be scary when unexplained things happen! x

telfordstar
14-Jul-09, 13:21
Not wanting to sound cheeky but if i wa you i wouldnt be there, with kids or animals until i got some answers.

teenybash
14-Jul-09, 14:45
Now, I wouldn't recommend feeding the animal you are trying to get rid of. .

I would disagree and put food out...afterall we do not have maneaters in Scotland.... placing food out is the easiest way of discovering what is visiting you and it probably won't be half as scary as you imagine.
Whatever it is, is scavenging and not looking to attack you in the dark hours.
I live out in the sticks, pretty much on my own and when investigating sounds out of the norm have come across foxes, owls, coypoo and never been attcked yet and won't be. There is nothing to be afraid of, nothing at all..... this is Scotland and not the wilds of Africa or Asia....:)

fudge100
14-Jul-09, 14:56
hey! it could have been worse,at least you don't have a cat flap on your door.

Connor.
14-Jul-09, 15:01
hey! it could have been worse,at least you don't have a cat flap on your door.

Or a pet gazelle.

rich
14-Jul-09, 15:48
Your tale sounds a lot like me getting pissed, losing the keys, and then trying to get into the house. I applaud your initiative in trying to come through the roof!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
14-Jul-09, 16:19

Call the RSPCA.Cos I think ye have a Scorrie on yer hands.They are becoming like Cannibals.They are a protected species,so don't take the matter into yer own hands.Or ye will be fined.To fend for your young,ye will do anything.Have ye got a wheelie bin that opens easily?

bt total broadband
14-Jul-09, 18:33
hey! it could have been worse,at least you don't have a cat flap on your door.as i have said yes this is some thing to be scared of at least im not scared of the fog outside now that is some thing to think about next time its foggy,dont try taking the p**s

unicorn
14-Jul-09, 18:37
What did the person think who came round this morning?
Could you put some sand down in the area to see if you could get some prints?

katarina
14-Jul-09, 19:03
how big were the scratch marks? Would that nor give you an indication to the size of the animal. I think i would be very interested in finding out what it was.
I really did see a black panther (or something like one) when travelling up from inverness several years ago. Think it was north of Brora somewhere. It ran across the road right in front of our car. I didn't bother to report it, but noticed a letter in the groat the following week from some one who had had the same experience around the same spot.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
14-Jul-09, 19:13
Are the scratchmarks on the wheelie bin like a Scorries,they cannae open a wheelie bin like the old one's.They must be in the middle of Scorrie evolution,once they can,maybe they can leave ma bald bonce alone.:lol::lol:

bt total broadband
14-Jul-09, 19:13
What did the person think who came round this morning?
Could you put some sand down in the area to see if you could get some prints?all i am allowed to say at present is it does seem to be a big animal with the damage caused,some thing was spotted not far from me not so long ago,but i cant say any more til investigations are all done,:(

Cedric Farthsbottom III
14-Jul-09, 19:20
all i am allowed to say at present is it does seem to be a big animal with the damage caused,some thing was spotted not far from me not so long ago,but i cant say any more til investigations are all done,:(

"All I am allowed to say",man the government has got hold of bt total broadband,right family pack up yir bags wir off to Norway.[lol][lol]

bt total broadband
14-Jul-09, 22:28
Your tale sounds a lot like me getting pissed, losing the keys, and then trying to get into the house. I applaud your initiative in trying to come through the roof!unlike you im glad i dont drink if thats what it does to you,and as for it coming through the roof did you read the thread properly or are you just plain stupid or ignorant,(go back to sleep or have another drink)

kia
14-Jul-09, 22:38
You seen any full moons lately webmannie?

BT TOTAL Broadband I hope you get your mind put at rest . me personally I'd be scared..
Try this web site
http://www.britishbigcats.org/ & http://www.bigcatsinbritain.org/localreportform.htm & http://www.ukbigcats.co.uk/reportasighting.asp
Probably a ferile cat, or a wild cat
Good Luck though keep us up to date on what it turns out to be
:eek:

bt total broadband
14-Jul-09, 22:49
You seen any full moons lately webmannie?

BT TOTAL Broadband I hope you get your mind put at rest . me personally I'd be scared..
Try this web site
http://www.britishbigcats.org/
Probably a ferile cat, or a wild cat
Good Luck though keep us up to date on what it turns out to be
:eek:yes thanks alot i have been trying all day,just incase the other investigation draws a blank.i feel any more of it and im out of here,im trying to change my sleep patern around but its hard with the kids,hopfully i will catch it on tape soon

Vistravi
14-Jul-09, 23:01
Not wanting to sound cheeky but if i was you i wouldnt be there, with kids or animals until i got some answers.

She doesn't have much choice really. I believe in looking fear in the eye and i wouldn't be running away from this animal in her place.

This is someone who is absoultley petrified of heights but yet is going to do a sponsporsed sky dive in a few months time talking though :lol: Fear is my enemy that must be broken;)

fudge100
14-Jul-09, 23:51
just had a phone call from bt total broadband(my sister).she said that she saw something but she does'nt know exactly what it was.she described it as being black in colour,and larger and longer and slimmer than a big labrador and very fast.she could not make out if it was a dog or cat but it went running across some fields next to her towards some sheep.i don't know who exactly she contacted but she said to me earlier today that someone had called round to her house today to investigate the problem.they told her whatever it was,it was very large as there was a large area of grass had been flattened from where it had been lying and also the scratch marks that they saw was very deep.he then said to her! he would try and get some equipment sent up from england in order to try and trap the animal. i'm not sure if she has been told not to say anything to anyone but anyone who knows me will tell you that i tend to have a big mouth, and cannot keep it shut.oops.

Metalattakk
15-Jul-09, 00:53
May I be the first to cry 'HOAX'!

I suspect there is sock-puppetry involved also. Jesus, can these liars tricksters not think of changing their typing style between avatars?

Connor.
15-Jul-09, 01:47
May I be the first to cry 'HOAX'!

I suspect there is sock-puppetry involved also. Jesus, can these liars tricksters not think of changing their typing style between avatars?

MetalAttak, i reckon you are the real life version of the whole scooby doo crew.

:roll:

Metalattakk
15-Jul-09, 02:09
You might be right Connor..

They did tend to invariably solve the crime in the end as well. ;)

fudge100
15-Jul-09, 03:55
You might be right Connor..

They did tend to invariably solve the crime in the end as well. ;)

what is your problem?if you have nothing good to say then don't.get a life.

brandy
15-Jul-09, 04:45
does BT have any pics of the scratches that we can see?more out of curiosity that any hope of knowing what it is.. but you never know .. some one who has a peek may notice something!

oldmarine
15-Jul-09, 05:14
This thread has aroused my curiousity. I hope we get true answers before the thread is shut down.

unicorn
15-Jul-09, 10:34
Why should it be a hoax....It is not the first time there have been sightings of large cats, I for one think that they cannot all be wrong.
I hope you get to the bottom of it and quickly BT. I would be looking for the services of a good gamekeeper as opposed to trapping it. Whatever it is has shown an unhealthy interest in your home and that is very unusual for any animal.

telfordstar
15-Jul-09, 10:44
just had a phone call from bt total broadband(my sister).she said that she saw something but she does'nt know exactly what it was.she described it as being black in colour,and larger and longer and slimmer than a big labrador and very fast.she could not make out if it was a dog or cat but it went running across some fields next to her towards some sheep.i don't know who exactly she contacted but she said to me earlier today that someone had called round to her house today to investigate the problem.they told her whatever it was,it was very large as there was a large area of grass had been flattened from where it had been lying and also the scratch marks that they saw was very deep.he then said to her! he would try and get some equipment sent up from england in order to try and trap the animal. i'm not sure if she has been told not to say anything to anyone but anyone who knows me will tell you that i tend to have a big mouth, and cannot keep it shut.oops.

Are you sure its not you winding your sister up????

bt total broadband
15-Jul-09, 11:03
Are you sure its not you winding your sister up????no they are not winding me up now,but they should of kept their mouths shut for now,might have more to report back tonight a few more investigaters are working on it now and one is getting back to me later today.

teenybash
15-Jul-09, 11:12
This is all quite fascinating but, who are the investigators and why do they need to bring something up from England to trap it?:confused
Sounds fishy to me.............

bt total broadband
15-Jul-09, 11:27
This is all quite fascinating but, who are the investigators and why do they need to bring something up from England to trap it?:confused
Sounds fishy to me.............i dont know but i sure cant wait to know its safe for me to go out to my back garden,plus also get a good nights sleep as would you sleep with some thing prawling out side your house

Metalattakk
15-Jul-09, 12:46
Why should it be a hoax....

I don't know why it should be a hoax, but I will try to explain why I think it is a hoax.

Whatever it is has shown an unhealthy interest in your home and that is very unusual for any animal.

It sure is. Very very unusual. Unheard of outside the boundaries of the horror movie industry, I would say.

Ok, next up - compare the posting style of the original post. Notice the lack of capitalisation at the start of sentences, and the lack of an indent after commas and full stops. The 'i' is also uniformly lower case too, as is all proper nouns and there are no paragraphs in such a long text. However the general spelling is good.

hi everyone,i hope i am on the right thread here but can anyone please help solve this mystery for me.i live in the dunbeath area and late friday night my son woke me to say our dog was making a strange noise,but the poor dog was as quiet as a mouse.i thought my son was dreaming until next morning when i went into my back garden something had scratched all my wheelie bin my kitchen window was all scratched on the outside and the mess was unbelieveable.this thing has even been on my roof what ever it is it certainly has sharp claws to do that amount of damage.i really need to know if anyone else has had this problem and if anyone knows who i can report this to.

Now compare that to a later post by bt total broadband's 'brother', fudge100. Notice anything similar with respect to the posting style? No indent at the start of a sentence or after a comma, no capitals, no paragraphs, good spelling.

I suspect that this is a post by the same person - a sock-puppet if you will.

And a few more questions -

Who are these alleged 'investigators'?

Why is everything being kept hush-hsuh when the general public might need to know and be prepared to take action against a vicious prowling big cat?

Why on earth is the Police not involved?

Sounds fishy to me.............

Fishier than a fish caught by a fisherman on Loch Fish in Fishville, Fish County, Fishland, FI5 4Y.

Olin
15-Jul-09, 12:57
LMFAO hahahaha! best response I have heard in a while!

Can someone tell me where exactly a big cat like this comes from?

Like I remember years ago my grandfather told me there was one in Dunbeath and he took me and my brother there to see if we could spot it....

Was rather silly like but apparently there were sightings years ago too and nothing came of it!

Saveman
15-Jul-09, 13:11
I'd love to give rep for that post MT but the all-powerful ORG won't let me! (not yet anyway)

BT Total Broadband - this all sounds very scary for you and your family. However it's unlikely to be able to get into your house to cause you any harm. I'm sure "Mulder and Scully" will sort ya out.

Unless of course this is all a hoax, in which case I applaud your efforts to bring mystery and intrigue into our lives. In fact I applaud everyone's efforts. I'm in a giving mood.

I saw a big cat once.......in Edinburgh Zoo.....

fudge100
15-Jul-09, 13:53
I don't know why it should be a hoax, but I will try to explain why I think it is a hoax.

It sure is. Very very unusual. Unheard of outside the boundaries of the horror movie industry, I would say.

Ok, next up - compare the posting style of the original post. Notice the lack of capitalisation at the start of sentences, and the lack of an indent after commas and full stops. The 'i' is also uniformly lower case too, as is all proper nouns and there are no paragraphs in such a long text. However the general spelling is good.

Now compare that to a later post by bt total broadband's 'brother', fudge100. Notice anything similar with respect to the posting style? No indent at the start of a sentence or after a comma, no capitals, no paragraphs, good spelling.

I suspect that this is a post by the same person - a sock-puppet if you will.

And a few more questions -

Who are these alleged 'investigators'?

Why is everything being kept hush-hsuh when the general public might need to know and be prepared to take action against a vicious prowling big cat?

Why on earth is the Police not involved?

Fishier than a fish caught by a fisherman on Loch Fish in Fishville, Fish County, Fishland, FI5 4Y.

So you think it's a hoax, because my sister and i have similar writing styles.i can't quite see the logic in your way of thinking.After reading most of your posts i myself have come to the conclsion that you are a narrow minded individual who thinks that you are more clever than you realy are.If you choose not to believe then thats your choice, but don't try and be smart.Just remember he who laughs last laughs the longest.

Tom Cornwall
15-Jul-09, 14:03
what about taking a couple of hours some night and sit up and watch for the perpetrator. It isn't dark for long at this time of year oop north, so you won't have long to wait. It might be worth it in the long term...perhaps this has be suggested already...if you're too scared to do it, get some friendly big bloke to do it for you.

Metalattakk
15-Jul-09, 14:38
So you think it's a hoax, because my sister and i have similar writing styles.i can't quite see the logic in your way of thinking.

That's obvious. You can't even take my whole response as a singular entity, you've simply cherry-picked one aspect of it. Look at the bigger picture. It all smells like a big bucket of fish, in my opinion.

After reading most of your posts i myself have come to the conclsion that you are a narrow minded individual who thinks that you are more clever than you realy are.If you choose not to believe then thats your choice, but don't try and be smart.Just remember he who laughs last laughs the longest.

How about addressing some of the points I've made instead of spouting this ill-informed half-arsed opinion?

Oh, and how long did it take you to read most of my 2,000-odd posts on here?

northener
15-Jul-09, 15:08
OK

I admit it.

It was me an a 'Felix' the Cat' outfit.
And I'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those pesky meddlin' kids*

*and Metalattak.

fudge100
15-Jul-09, 15:28
That's obvious. You can't even take my whole response as a singular entitity, you've simply cherry-picked one aspect of it. Look at the bigger picture. It all smells like a big bucket of fish, in my opinion.

How about addressing some of the points I've made instead of spouting this ill-informed half-arsed opinion?

Oh, and how long did it take you to read most of my 2,000-odd posts on here?

If you can smell something fishy,may i suggest you take a bath.Don't you have anything better to do than sit on a computer all day and accuse people of being liars.May i suggest you wind your neck in take a chill pill and get yourself a life.I don't feel the need to justify myself to you as you are obviously a disbelieving,argumentative prat.The bottom line is simple you ither believe what is happening or you don't.If it is as in your case the latter then don't waste your time and everyone else's by replying.The truth IS out there and hopefully my sister will prove to you just how wrong you are.

Metalattakk
15-Jul-09, 15:35
If you can smell something fishy,may i suggest you take a bath.Don't you have anything better to do than sit on a computer all day and accuse people of being liars.May i suggest you wind your neck in take a chill pill and get yourself a life.I don't feel the need to justify myself to you as you are obviously a disbelieving,argumentative prat.The bottom line is simple you ither believe what is happening or you don't.If it is as in your case the latter then don't waste your time and everyone else's by replying.The truth IS out there and hopefully my sister will prove to you just how wrong you are.

What's that you're saying? The school's are on holidays?

fudge100
15-Jul-09, 15:46
What's that you're saying? The school's are on holidays?

You are begining to get very boreing.Do yourself a favour and give your arse a rest.

dietcokegirl
15-Jul-09, 16:01
late friday night my son woke me to say our dog was making a strange noise,but the poor dog was as quiet as a mouse.

Rule of thumb...if the dog ain't bothered, you shouldn't be!
If the dog is cowering in a corner...that's a different story!:eek:

this morning found my dog on the kitchen table so its scaring him too,hope my cctv gets fitted soon:(

I dont believe in this - I'm not starting a argument, but something dosnt seem right.
The dog was ok at first, then when Aaldtimer said if the dog ain't bothered, you shouldnt be - the story then was the dog was petrified on the table.

Just my opinion, Maybe i'm just looking too far into it...either way, Hope everything sorts itself out. :D

bt total broadband
15-Jul-09, 18:17
I dont believe in this - I'm not starting a argument, but something dosnt seem right.
The dog was ok at first, then when Aaldtimer said if the dog ain't bothered, you shouldnt be - the story then was the dog was petrified on the table.

Just my opinion, Maybe i'm just looking too far into it...either way, Hope everything sorts itself out. :Das my brother has stated if you dont believe this dont read it.but i have managed to get paw prints and claw marks on camera.only have to work out how to put it on computer as im a beginner

bt total broadband
15-Jul-09, 18:19
What's that you're saying? The school's are on holidays?yes heard all about you.so why dont you just go pick on a man and leave us women alone,everyone is sick of you

unicorn
15-Jul-09, 18:27
If you put your pictures on photobucket you can then link them .

Metalattakk
15-Jul-09, 18:42
yes heard all about you.so why dont you just go pick on a man and leave us women alone,everyone is sick of you

Yet you've still not managed to answer any of my questions.

Why have the Police not been informed?
Who are these supposed 'investigators'?
When are you going to address the issues that other people have with your story?
When are you going to stop abusing me, while deflecting from the issue in hand?

unicorn
15-Jul-09, 18:48

When are you going to address the issues that other people have with your story?

Myabe just for once you should give people a chance to prove themselves.
I dont think the poster came to be ridiculed by you or anyone else, they were looking for answers.
Why do you make it your personal agenda to destroy anything you disbelieve?
I and many others understand you disbelieve anything they have said so you have made your point....now please give it a break.

Metalattakk
15-Jul-09, 18:53
Myabe just for once you should give people a chance to prove themselves.
I dont think the poster came to be ridiculed by you or anyone else, they were looking for answers.
Why do you make it your personal agenda to destroy anything you disbelieve?
I and many others understand you disbelieve anything they have said so you have made your point....now please give it a break.

Hiow much time have they got to prove themselves? I am awaiting these photographs with just as much anticipation as you are, I can assure you.

I too believe it is not beyond the realms of credibility that there are indeed 'big cats' roaming the Highlands. There have been far too many reliable reported sightings for anyone to dismiss the idea out of hand.

However....

This story does indeed smell fishy. All I want is some proof that it's not.

unicorn
15-Jul-09, 19:04
Well we agree on that so let them get it. A very close family member of mine who you also knew, once told me a story about a big cat that I could not have disbelieved so I for one am open to believing.

Metalattakk
15-Jul-09, 19:20
Well we agree on that so let them get it.

Ok, I'll back off for a bit. Those questions still need answering though. ;)

A very close family member of mine who you also knew, once told me a story about a big cat that I could not have disbelieved so I for one am open to believing.

Aye, I remember hearing it too.

There have been plenty of credible reports over the years. One memorable one I heard when I was younger was by a lorry driver who had pulled into the lay-by at Loch Fleet for some lunch. A Puma-like animal just casually wandered past his parked vehicle and disappeared into the verge that goes down to the water. Never even looked at him or paid any attention to him.

I'm fairly convinced these animals can be roaming the hills, especially around that area where vast tracts of land are uninhabited.

I'm just not convinced by this story. I'd like to be proven wrong though. :)

Vistravi
15-Jul-09, 19:34
For metalattakk

Up to bt on that one.
Lord knows again thats bt to know and tell.
Does she have to? Where is it written in the rules that she has to do anything that anyone demands? i the case of her dog he may not have been bothered at first but doesn't mean he will be after the creature in question ups their attack and roaming o the house and property.
Don't want to be abused MA? Don't give them ammuntion to and you started this wee tift as usual.

Ever heard of the phrase quit while you're ahead?.....

Stefan
15-Jul-09, 19:38

Hiow much time have they got to prove themselves? I am awaiting these photographs with just as much anticipation as you are, I can assure you.

This story does indeed smell fishy. All I want is some proof that it's not.

There is no need to "prove" anything here. A single mother with children who is looking for help surely does not need to prove that she does need help. The mere fact that she is in distress should bring out the gentleman in you and you should offer help.

If you believe that no help is needed then go elsewhere to see if other people need help, may it be practical, advisory or simply by listening.

The world is harsh enough without being attacked for asking for help.

If you don't find a gentleman in yourself have the courtesy to remain quiet without causing further distress to female members of our community.

telfordstar
15-Jul-09, 19:39
Agree to disagree on this one maybe.

Wait and see what the outcome is and then decide.

Vistravi
15-Jul-09, 19:45
There is no need to "prove" anything here. A single mother with children who is looking for help surely does not need to prove that she does need help. The mere fact that she is in distress should bring out the gentleman in you and you should offer help.

If you believe that no help is needed then go elsewhere to see if other people need help, may it be practical, advisory or simply by listening.

If you don't find a gentleman in yourself have the courtesy to remain quiet without causing further distress to female members of our community.

I am one woman who needs no help, well capable of putting my verbal right hook in. The gentleman in you stefan has one less woman to be a gentleman for;)

bt total broadband
15-Jul-09, 20:02

who said the police have not been informed,also why should i tell you who is investigating it.i thought you would know that as you seem to know every thing else.and as for abusing you what are you doing to every one else.if you cant take it dont give it

Stefan
15-Jul-09, 20:07
I am one woman who needs no help, well capable of putting my verbal right hook in. The gentleman in you stefan has one less woman to be a gentleman for;)

Gentleman are there for people who need help. I can be rather selfish if needs be. ;)

Metalattakk
15-Jul-09, 20:19
Does she have to? Where is it written in the rules that she has to do anything that anyone demands?

Very true, she doesn't have to do anything. She could try to justify her story though, espescially when that story seems to be full of holes.

Oh please, this is an internet messageboard. Who knows who or what anyone is? If she's that interested in getting help, she would have reported this to the Police straight away.

who said the police have not been informed,also why should i tell you who is investigating it.i thought you would know that as you seem to know every thing else.and as for abusing you what are you doing to every one else.if you cant take it dont give it

I said the Police haven't been informed. They haven't though, have they, because if they had they would have advised you not to blab the story on an internet messageboard, for a start.

And if you believe that disbelieving your story and asking for some level of corroborative evidence is a form of abuse then, well, I'm speechless.

Now, how are you getting along with those 'photos? If you want me to help you get them hosted online and get them posted on here for all to see, drop me a PM and my eleemosynary, gentlemanly side will be delighted to assist you.

bt total broadband
15-Jul-09, 20:57
Very true, she doesn't have to do anything. She could try to justify her story though, espescially when that story seems to be full of holes.

Oh please, this is an internet messageboard. Who knows who or what anyone is? If she's that interested in getting help, she would have reported this to the Police straight away.

I said the Police haven't been informed. They haven't though, have they, because if they had they would have advised you not to blab the story on an internet messageboard, for a start.

And if you believe that disbelieving your story and asking for some level of corroborative evidence is a form of abuse then, well, I'm speechless.

Now, how are you getting along with those 'photos? If you want me to help you get them hosted online and get them posted on here for all to see, drop me a PM and my eleemosynary, gentlemanly side will be delighted to assist you.ask you for help,i would rather be eaten by this thing than get help from you,and i already have a true gentleman who is more than offered to do this,as i have already stated im a beginner on the pc and trying to get the pics up,but you know every thing or think you do.you remind me of pinocchio always poking your nose in where its not wanted,can you answer a question for me do you work as you are never of caithness.org,if so can i get your work number so i can get ajob like you(never off caithness.org)what a wonderful life you must lead

Metalattakk
15-Jul-09, 21:12
Why so defensive? (:D)

As for 'do I work'? Yes. Yes I do. Bill Fernie employs me to sit and argue with dafties on caithness.org all day (and night).

Now back to reality for a bit:

What did Scottish National Heritage say when you reported this incident to them? Or indeed the Police?

I see you again haven't addressed any of my points, preferring to attack me (and interestingly, not my posts) instead, which is a shame.

And seriously, I can easily help you get your pictures onto here. It's not that difficult and I can give you step-by-step easy to follow instructions that even a complete computer novice could follow.

I'm as interested to see these images as anyone.

brandy
15-Jul-09, 22:32
maybe she hasnt addressed your points as you are being a complete turd to her and everyone else. geeze , i know you like to take the biscuit but you are just being ridiculous this time. your throwing up that this is an internet board.. yes it is, but its a community board. do you remember what that means? im really surprised the mods havent stepped in by now. as you are obviously stirring. that spoon is the size of a house! things are usually whipped off this board so fast it will make your head spin when peeps start getting as narky as you. this whole thing started out with...
woke up scratch marks everywhere.. what can it be... help any one have any ideas?
and now its turned into ... your a big fat liar... show us your proof.
some one told me earlier today that she couldnt belive the tripe on this board. that someone could come on and say.. what a nice beautiful day im happy to be alive, and within the hour there would be an outcry why it wasnt a beautiful day, how they should be ashamed to be happy and what they should be doing and how they should be doing it. well that seems to be the case here as well...
as far as BT goes.. hun i hope you get everything sorted out. keep the dog in at night to be on the safe side, and let us know how things turn out!!! most of us here are on your side!
and if and when you want pics up let any of us know and most likley any of us will give you a hand. *Grins* i know i will.

Metalattakk
15-Jul-09, 22:44
And the award for 'Over-reaction of the Week' goes to...

;)

scorrie
15-Jul-09, 23:23
I don't think a public forum would be the place I would seek advice from on an event such as this. Short of a Gung Ho wild frontier type turning up with a Daktari gun and twa pun o' Johnny Harrold's stew for bait, it is hard to envisage a solution via these boards.

Being the inquisitive type though, I decided to conduct my own investigation, using the latest state of the art equipment, including motion detecting cameras and bull-plop sensors. There was a whiff of fish in the air, as reported by other amateur Private Dicks, but luckily my Lynx Fever (delicious irony) shower gel managed to combat the aroma, although, unlike the advert, it had not made my "Muchos Maracas" any bigger. After an uneventful night, early morning brought much noise and, although my bull-plop sensors malfunctioned at the key moment, the trusty camera detected movement and captured the culprit in the act.

Police have asked me not to publish the picture but, as agent Cully used to say, the truth is out there and the public have a right to be informed of that truth.

The Dunbeath Beastie revealed:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/200253209-001.jpg

Metalattakk
16-Jul-09, 00:00
Ooh, that image gives me the shivers! Look at the pure evil in his eyes...:eek:

[lol]

The Angel Of Death
16-Jul-09, 00:04
Ooh, that image gives me the shivers! Look at the pure evil in his eyes...:eek:

[lol]
Be wary it could have been pumped up on PCP and had the strength of a dozen iccle puddy cats :)

Metalattakk
16-Jul-09, 00:30
A dozen ickle puddy tats vs naked into a beeg patch o' nettles.

Either way ye're 'purred' 'til death. :D

katarina
16-Jul-09, 00:44
A dozen ickle puddy tats vs naked into a beeg patch o' nettles.

Either way ye're 'purred' 'til death. :D

I tried to stay out of it -honest I tried. But really MA, who rattled your cage in the first place? Do you believe in anything?
I saw a big cat. I once lived in a haunted house. I am an intelligent well educated woman. guess you don't believe any of that!

Kevin Milkins
16-Jul-09, 00:48
I tried to stay out of it -honest I tried. But really MA, who rattled your cage in the first place? Do you believe in anything?
I saw a big cat. I once lived in a haunted house. I am an intelligent well educated woman. guess you don't believe any of that!

Can you prove any of this katarina.:roll:;)

katarina
16-Jul-09, 00:51
Can you prove any of this katarina.:roll:;)

Which part do you require proof of?

Metalattakk
16-Jul-09, 00:53

I believe in a lot of things. One of them is a belief in the practice of using common-sense.

Another of them is the belief that you shouldn't automatically believe everything someone says, everything should be able to stand up to questioning and query.

On the contrary, I believe some, but not all of that. ;)

Kevin Milkins
16-Jul-09, 00:54
Which part do you require proof of?

I am sure you know I was joking. lol

katarina
16-Jul-09, 00:56
I believe in a lot of things. One of them is a belief in the practice of using common-sense.

Another of them is the belief that you shouldn't automatically believe everything someone says, everything should be able to stand up to questioning and query.

On the contrary, I believe some, but not all of that. ;)

So you don't believe I am an intelligent woman? shame on you!

Metalattakk
16-Jul-09, 00:59
So you don't believe I am an intelligent woman?

You said that, not me. ;)

webmannie
16-Jul-09, 01:46
as my brother has stated if you dont believe this dont read it.but i have managed to get paw prints and claw marks on camera.only have to work out how to put it on computer as im a beginner

All I have to say on the matter is put up or shut up. There have been plenty of offers to help, heck I'd even offer to personally come and assist you. If you don't post the evidence then the post is a hoax, if so then Scorries Dunbeath Beastie is the reality.

Info
16-Jul-09, 09:32
[quote=telfordstar;573039]Ohhhhh do I detect some sarcasm there.:lol:/quote]

on the org...NEVER:lol:

maybe it was a BIG CAT....:roll:

After visiting the site concerned, and as a BIG cat expert having both worked and owned a few in my time, l can say that there is a big cat at lardge in her area, this is evedent by the Pug (Paw) and scratch marks evedent so to all the doubting thomas's around and that includes the so called wild life parks, come and catch it if you can...info

Venture
16-Jul-09, 10:11
Sorry Info, that's not good enough evidence for the members on here.:roll: Unless your post is dripping with the blood of the said animal and you produce pictures of yourself being mauled by it, the Thomas's wont believe you. So get back out there and find it.;)

Metalattakk
16-Jul-09, 10:24
After visiting the site concerned, and as a BIG cat expert having both worked and owned a few in my time, l can say that there is a big cat at lardge in her area, this is evedent by the Pug (Paw) and scratch marks evedent so to all the doubting thomas's around and that includes the so called wild life parks, come and catch it if you can...info

ROFL. This just gets better and better. [lol]

Stefan
16-Jul-09, 10:31
I don't think a public forum would be the place I would seek advice from on an event such as this. Short of a Gung Ho wild frontier type turning up with a Daktari gun and twa pun o' Johnny Harrold's stew for bait, it is hard to envisage a solution via these boards.

I may agree here, however, if you live out in the sticks on your own with your kids then a community like this messageboard should be a safe place to ask advice or have a natter.

Not everybody is lucky enough to be able to lean out of their window or walk a few steps to chat with a helpful neighbour.

MetalAttakk you are being rather unsociable and most unhelpful. I would kindly ask you to divert your needs to another thread. Maybe the jokes and humour section would be a good outlet? ;)
(I am sure you will have to comment on this.)

Metalattakk
16-Jul-09, 10:58
MetalAttakk you are being rather unsociable and most unhelpful. I would kindly ask you to divert your needs to another thread. Maybe the jokes and humour section would be a good outlet? ;)

I think you'll find I will comment on any given subject that I choose. As is my right.

(I am sure you will have to comment on this.)

I comment through choice, not necessity. In most cases on this thread, my choice has included taking to task this rather fishy tale. Another sock-puppet's intrusion doesn't at all convince me.

unicorn
16-Jul-09, 11:43
I honestly do not understand how some members of this forum are allowed to treat people the way they are and it is not a one off, it is constant picking and ridicule.
Are these people actually mods? I am honestly wondering as there are things pulled on this forum for little or no reaon yet this ill treatment of others is allowed to continue.
If I get banned for speaking my mind or infractions then so be it. It is time this issue was addressed in my opinion.
I also know for a fact that I am not the only person thinking this.
Someone asked for help and advice but the bully boys stepped in.

bt total broadband
16-Jul-09, 11:53
Why so defensive? (:D)

As for 'do I work'? Yes. Yes I do. Bill Fernie employs me to sit and argue with dafties on caithness.org all day (and night).

Now back to reality for a bit:

What did Scottish National Heritage say when you reported this incident to them? Or indeed the Police?

I see you again haven't addressed any of my points, preferring to attack me (and interestingly, not my posts) instead, which is a shame.

And seriously, I can easily help you get your pictures onto here. It's not that difficult and I can give you step-by-step easy to follow instructions that even a complete computer novice could follow.

I'm as interested to see these images as anyone.right i am getting annoyed with you now,for a start i did not blab on this thread about it,my brother did i was told to say nothing,i have sent a pm to a few orgers saying keep it quiet for now so go and shut up for 2 minutes please.you are boring,i am going to contact bill fernie about you as i hope other people do too,as he is as much as telling you not to believe anyone on this site

Metalattakk
16-Jul-09, 11:57
Fill yer boots bt total broadband.

Have you got those pictures ready for us to see yet? The offer still stands by the way.

hobbes1962
16-Jul-09, 11:59
right i am getting annoyed with you now,

Lol, I'm sorry, that was really funny! How old are you?? That is something a bairn would say, a bit like when I was young and my dad annoyed me I told him I was going to throw him in the dustbin.

Back to the thread though, I am interested in seeing these photos of "proof" that you say you have.

Rheghead
16-Jul-09, 12:02
I am soo waiting for this proof.;):cool:

webmannie
16-Jul-09, 12:12
Don't hold your breath

toodiemac
16-Jul-09, 12:34
Just noticed this post, and now I'm confused. Is Fudge 100 the brother of BT Total broadband?

telfordstar
16-Jul-09, 12:38
This thread has got me hooked what handbags are being thrown about :lol::lol:

Rheghead
16-Jul-09, 12:44
This thread has got me hooked what handbags are being thrown about :lol::lol:

So long as they are the type of handbags that we can study and throw again and examine again then I'm not bovvered.:lol:

toodiemac
16-Jul-09, 12:57
Just noticed this post, and now I'm confused. Is Fudge 100 the brother of BT Total broadband?

I'm all confused because in an earlier post, Fudge referrred to 'himself' as a female?!

All very odd, but like the rest I can't wait to hear the outcome.

bt total broadband
16-Jul-09, 13:12
[evil][evil]
I'm all confused because in an earlier post, Fudge referrred to 'himself' as a female?!

All very odd, but like the rest I can't wait to hear the outcome.sorry,but fudge100 is a female.she is married to my brother,hope your not confused now.pics should be up tonight or tomorrow someone is so kindly doing it for me.pics have been sent to him

telfordstar
16-Jul-09, 13:16
So long as they are the type of handbags that we can study and throw again and examine again then I'm not bovvered.:lol:

Yip thats the ones :lol:

scorrie
16-Jul-09, 13:33
I may agree here, however, if you live out in the sticks on your own with your kids then a community like this messageboard should be a safe place to ask advice or have a natter.

Not everybody is lucky enough to be able to lean out of their window or walk a few steps to chat with a helpful neighbour.

I assume that the original poster has a phone line if they are able to post on this forum. If this is the case, I offer the following thoughts:-

I am in a house with young kids and strongly suspect a large animal (cat) is trying to get into my house. Do I :-

a) Phone the Police to express my concerns?

or

b) Pop a thread on Caithness.org and hope that Craig Busch is reading the boards tonight?

It's a tough call, I'll give you that!!

"From the depths of Southern Africa, the Big Cats they have come. Delivered from extinction to a new life in the sun. One man on a mission has their hopes and dreams in hand. He gathered up the mighty beasts and brought them to our land. He's a Lionman doin' all he can to create a sanctuary and a home"

Lionman or Lyin'man?

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/730809.jpg

Zion!! BE NICE!!

scorrie
16-Jul-09, 13:43
[quote=BINBOB;573053]

If it's "at lardge" as you say, it must be a Fat Cat as well as a Big Cat ;)

Amazing how new members appear from the sky as if by magic. Are YOU the Lionman by chance?

fudge100
16-Jul-09, 13:43
As my sister said she is new to the computer, however she has now managed to load the photos that a friend took for her that shows prints on the ground and scratches on her wheelie bin.I should point out her friend has worked with big cat in the past and there is no doubt in his mind the evidence he saw points directly to a big cat.My sister has sent the pics to stefan because as i said she is new to computers and does not know how to post them on the org.He said he will put them up for her.I would now like to point out that i'am bt total broadbands brother,however my wife is also fudge100.Hope this clears up all confusion.

Stefan
16-Jul-09, 14:16
I have received the pictures from BT, have reduced the size from 2048 pixel width to 800 pixel without changing any other settings.

1-3/9

http://stefanpagel.com/pictures/weird-happenings/weird%20happenings%20001.jpg

http://stefanpagel.com/pictures/weird-happenings/weird%20happenings%20002.jpg

http://stefanpagel.com/pictures/weird-happenings/weird%20happenings%20004.jpg

Stefan
16-Jul-09, 14:17
4-6/9

http://stefanpagel.com/pictures/weird-happenings/weird%20happenings%20005.jpg

http://stefanpagel.com/pictures/weird-happenings/weird%20happenings%20008.jpg

http://stefanpagel.com/pictures/weird-happenings/weird%20happenings%20009.jpg

Stefan
16-Jul-09, 14:18
7-9/9

http://stefanpagel.com/pictures/weird-happenings/weird%20happenings%20011.jpg

http://stefanpagel.com/pictures/weird-happenings/weird%20happenings%20013.jpg

http://stefanpagel.com/pictures/weird-happenings/weird%20happenings%20014.jpg

bt total broadband
16-Jul-09, 14:33
I assume that the original poster has a phone line if they are able to post on this forum. If this is the case, I offer the following thoughts:-

I am in a house with young kids and strongly suspect a large animal (cat) is trying to get into my house. Do I :-

a) Phone the Police to express my concerns?

or

b) Pop a thread on Caithness.org and hope that Craig Busch is reading the boards tonight?

It's a tough call, I'll give you that!!

"From the depths of Southern Africa, the Big Cats they have come. Delivered from extinction to a new life in the sun. One man on a mission has their hopes and dreams in hand. He gathered up the mighty beasts and brought them to our land. He's a Lionman doin' all he can to create a sanctuary and a home"

Lionman or Lyin'man?

Zion!! BE NICE!!excuse me,but this has been reported to the police.so come on what next

scorrie
16-Jul-09, 15:02
[QUOTE=Stefan;574190]I have received the pictures from BT, have reduced the size from 2048 pixel width to 800 pixel without changing any other settings.

Any comment on what you see Stefan?

scorrie
16-Jul-09, 15:05
excuse me,but this has been reported to the police.so come on what next

Let them deal with it. That is my point, the readership of this forum cannot turn up with pith helmets and safari boots toting a blunderbuss!!

Info
16-Jul-09, 15:30
ROFL. This just gets better and better. [lol]

I have a good idea, if l go and find the cat can l throw the doubters in to it for a mauling? l will ask you all nicely!!!

fudge100
16-Jul-09, 15:42

Lionman or Lyin'man?

Zion!! BE NICE!![/QUOTE]

As regards to the above post which i find to be as funny as a fart in a spacesuite, let me try and clear up for the ignorant amongst us.Big cat sightings have been seen all around the country for a number of years now.There has been hundreds of eyewitness reports from people claiming to have seen them,there has even been one or two caught on camera,So why are they here? I myself worked many years ago at dunecht estate which is in aberdeenshire.After leaving the position i did a job for a few farms in the deeside area keeping down vermin,It was while doing this that i too saw a very large panther like cat.I could tell you the story but i won't,as i see no point in explaining the event to people who are too narrow minded to listen.However i did talk to some local shooting friends and gamekeepers about the incident and various theories were passed around.One being big cats have always been in this country but it was only now due to deforestation that the animals themselfs have been pushed out into the open and that is why there is sightings now been reported.I myself don't believe that.The answer to the big cat question was in my mind answered when the shooting times(i think) ran a number of articles many years ago on the subject.It was so long ago that i cannot remember exactly what was quoted but it basically explained that way back in the 50s or 60s big cats were in the hands of many private owners in this country.I believe this was before cites regulations came in to force.For whatever reason some of these irresponsible owners quite simply and without any thought released them in to the wild.It's as simple as that.

unicorn
16-Jul-09, 15:47
This will be it

What is the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976?
The Dangerous Wild Animals Act of 1976 was originally introduced as a private members bill in response to public concern about the keeping of dangerous pets, especially Big Cats. It aims to ensure that where private individuals keep dangerous wild animals they do so in circumstances which create no risk to the public and safeguard the welfare of the animals. The following extract from the Act shows the section relating to what is defined, in relation to Big Cats GB, as a Dangerous Wild Animal:

THE DANGEROUS WILD ANIMALS ACT 1976 (MODIFICATION) ORDER 1984 (SI/1984 No 1111)
The following is [a partial] list of animals for which, when kept privately, a license is required under the Act.

Carnivores: Canis familiaris: Jackals, wild dogs, wolves and the coyote (foxes, the raccoon-dog and the domestic dog are excepted).

Felidae: except the species Felis catus The bobcat, caracal, cheetah, jaguar, lion, lynx, ocelot, puma, serval, tiger and all other cats (the domestic cat is excepted)

How does it work?
Licenses are required for any animal which appears on this [aforementioned] schedule [of] the Act. These [licenses] are issued by the relevant local authority, and will only be granted when the authority is satisfied that it would not be contrary to public interest on the grounds of safety or nuisance; that the applicant is a suitable person; and the animal's accommodation is adequate and secure.

What does this mean and what were the affects?
In 1976 it became law that anyone who kept a potentially dangerous animal in a private collection (as mentioned on the aforementioned list) had to build animal accommodation appropriate to the animals needs and that this accommodation also had to be adequate and secure. Some people may have found the costs and commitment needed to do this prohibitive. It is believed that some big cats were released into the wild due to the demands of this legislation.
But what does adequate and secure mean? Building a secure compound for Big Cats is a massive undertaking for an individual or organization. The act requires someone to be on the premises 24 hours a day, security cameras have to be in place, mumerous wire fences have to built enclosing an area of land appropriate to the needs of the animals. The cost of such a venture must be huge?

Is this part of the reason why we may have none native Big Cats roaming the British countryside?

https://stattrak.submitnet.net/cgi/stattrak.pl?id=1140&ref=http%3A//www.bigcatsgb.co.uk/index.html&size=7231&screen=1024x768&win=994x553&cdi=32&java=true&shk=n&fla=y&rp=n&mov=y&wma=y&pdf=y&uid=stattrakuser_id1247676955093r8670&sid=stattraksession_id1247755562781r4694

fudge100
16-Jul-09, 16:14
This will be it

What is the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976?
The Dangerous Wild Animals Act of 1976 was originally introduced as a private members bill in response to public concern about the keeping of dangerous pets, especially Big Cats. It aims to ensure that where private individuals keep dangerous wild animals they do so in circumstances which create no risk to the public and safeguard the welfare of the animals. The following extract from the Act shows the section relating to what is defined, in relation to Big Cats GB, as a Dangerous Wild Animal:

THE DANGEROUS WILD ANIMALS ACT 1976 (MODIFICATION) ORDER 1984 (SI/1984 No 1111)
The following is [a partial] list of animals for which, when kept privately, a license is required under the Act.

Carnivores: Canis familiaris: Jackals, wild dogs, wolves and the coyote (foxes, the raccoon-dog and the domestic dog are excepted).

Felidae: except the species Felis catus The bobcat, caracal, cheetah, jaguar, lion, lynx, ocelot, puma, serval, tiger and all other cats (the domestic cat is excepted)

How does it work?
Licenses are required for any animal which appears on this [aforementioned] schedule [of] the Act. These [licenses] are issued by the relevant local authority, and will only be granted when the authority is satisfied that it would not be contrary to public interest on the grounds of safety or nuisance; that the applicant is a suitable person; and the animal's accommodation is adequate and secure.

What does this mean and what were the affects?
In 1976 it became law that anyone who kept a potentially dangerous animal in a private collection (as mentioned on the aforementioned list) had to build animal accommodation appropriate to the animals needs and that this accommodation also had to be adequate and secure. Some people may have found the costs and commitment needed to do this prohibitive. It is believed that some big cats were released into the wild due to the demands of this legislation.
But what does adequate and secure mean? Building a secure compound for Big Cats is a massive undertaking for an individual or organization. The act requires someone to be on the premises 24 hours a day, security cameras have to be in place, mumerous wire fences have to built enclosing an area of land appropriate to the needs of the animals. The cost of such a venture must be huge?

Is this part of the reason why we may have none native Big Cats roaming the British countryside?

https://stattrak.submitnet.net/cgi/stattrak.pl?id=1140&ref=http%3A//www.bigcatsgb.co.uk/index.html&size=7231&screen=1024x768&win=994x553&cdi=32&java=true&shk=n&fla=y&rp=n&mov=y&wma=y&pdf=y&uid=stattrakuser_id1247676955093r8670&sid=stattraksession_id1247755562781r4694

Thank you unicorn for explaining the regulations more clearer than i could.Perhaps this might silence some of those narrow minded over opinionated doubters amongst us, or at least give them something to think about.

webmannie
16-Jul-09, 16:36
Thank you unicorn for explaining the regulations more clearer than i could.Perhaps this might silence some of those narrow minded over opinionated doubters amongst us, or at least give them something to think about.

Think you'll find unicorn explained nothing and that was a copy n' paste job.

For the record, i don't doubt the possibility that Big Cats are roaming free. From your pictures I deduce that it is deer footprints, the scrape marks on the bins are in fact Horn rubbings from trying to tip the bins to get at the contents

Venture
16-Jul-09, 16:47

For the record, i don't doubt the possibility that Big Cats are roaming free. From your pictures I deduce that it is deer footprints, the scrape marks on the bins are in fact Horn rubbings from trying to tip the bins to get at the contents

First time I've heard of a deer who could climb onto a roof. Now no jokes about Santa and his reindeer from anyone, please.;)

webmannie
16-Jul-09, 16:58
First time I've heard of a deer who climb onto a roof.

Right building arrangement and it would not pose a problem, you been out and seen where they live and roam, no probs to likes of them ;)

The Angel Of Death
16-Jul-09, 16:59
First time I've heard of a deer who climb onto a roof. Now no jokes about Santa and his reindeer from anyone, please.;)
Not to mention wrong time of year as well

scorrie
16-Jul-09, 17:11

Lionman or Lyin'man?

Zion!! BE NICE!!

As regards to the above post which i find to be as funny as a fart in a spacesuite, let me try and clear up for the ignorant amongst us.Big cat sightings have been seen all around the country for a number of years now.There has been hundreds of eyewitness reports from people claiming to have seen them,there has even been one or two caught on camera,So why are they here? I myself worked many years ago at dunecht estate which is in aberdeenshire.After leaving the position i did a job for a few farms in the deeside area keeping down vermin,It was while doing this that i too saw a very large panther like cat.I could tell you the story but i won't,as i see no point in explaining the event to people who are too narrow minded to listen.However i did talk to some local shooting friends and gamekeepers about the incident and various theories were passed around.One being big cats have always been in this country but it was only now due to deforestation that the animals themselfs have been pushed out into the open and that is why there is sightings now been reported.I myself don't believe that.The answer to the big cat question was in my mind answered when the shooting times(i think) ran a number of articles many years ago on the subject.It was so long ago that i cannot remember exactly what was quoted but it basically explained that way back in the 50s or 60s big cats were in the hands of many private owners in this country.I believe this was before cites regulations came in to force.For whatever reason some of these irresponsible owners quite simply and without any thought released them in to the wild.It's as simple as that.[/QUOTE]

Stop taking yourself so seriously. It's only a bit of fun.

I have read plenty, and watched TV programs, about big cats being sighted in the UK. I have actually seen one myself. Circa 1984/85 I was on a bus going to Thurso and travelling down the turn off towards Halkirk adjacent to the railway line. A large cat bounded through the field for a short way, as if scared by the sound of the bus. The size and colouration were consistent with a smallish Puma. I was struck by the relatively long tail and the animal's gait being so unusual. Before I could bring it to anyone else's attention, the cat disappeared into cover. I have no doubt that it was NOT a Wildcat and it was way too big for a domestic cat. Unless it was a very young animal, I would say it was too small for a Puma. Perhaps a hybrid?

Anyway, in my experience, these animals tend to be shy and shun humans. I seriously doubt them scraping to get into a house and rabbits etc must be fairly plentiful at this time of year, making it unlikely that they need to break into anyone's home.

The trouble with these stories is that people take them and run wild with their imagination at times. Check out this page on the famous Beast of Bodmin:-

http://www.unknown-creatures.com/beast-of-bodmin-moor.html

A spiritual being who can vanish from a barn eh?

The author of that page needs a wee bit more time with a dictionary and less with the head in the clouds!!

By the way, how many chairs does our intrepid astronaut get with his "spacesuite"?

Remember, it's only a bit of fun :)

ps From the same site, check out the "Snallygaster", it's a quality yarn this one!!

http://www.unknown-creatures.com/snallygaster.html

Oh My Goodness, there's a Pope Lick Monster as well!!

http://www.unknown-creatures.com/pope-lick-monster.html

I'm off til' e Coop for a dram, I canna handle 'is

fudge100
16-Jul-09, 17:21

What planet are you living on mate? I have shot many roe deer when i lived in aberdeen and that is certainly not roe deer tracks, or sratch marks made by rubbing with the antlers.Incidentally roe deer don't have paws.As for the pics they are not mine.Bt total broadbands friend took them and they were posted by stefan.One other point, at this time of year july you can expect to see the first signs of the rut, so why would a buck be in a garden on it's own? Don't you think it would have more inportant issues on it's mind.Also a buck marks his presence along the paths which cross his territory and towards the boundaries by fraying the bark off small trees.Basically he does this by rubbing his antlers up and down,at the same time making a scrape below the tree with his forefoot.Can you now explain to me why there was no marks below the wheelie bin?Also in one of my posts, i tried to explain what my sister had described to me what the animal looks like,so for the last time it was larger than a labrador and longer in length and very fast and it was black in colour.HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A BLACK ROE?

webmannie
16-Jul-09, 17:58
What planet are you living on mate?

Which universe are you on?

I have shot many roe deer when i lived in aberdeen and that is certainly not roe deer tracks, or sratch marks made by rubbing with the antlers.

Never said Roe deer

Incidentally roe deer don't have paws.

Did I say they had paws, certainly not seeing any paw marks in the photos, I can see hand prints if i squint and tilt my head to the side!

As for the pics they are not mine.Bt total broadbands friend took them and they were posted by stefan.

Agreed, they are not yours, i'm not going to lose sleep over a minor keyboard slip.

One other point, at this time of year july you can expect to see the first signs of the rut, so why would a buck be in a garden on it's own?
Don't you think it would have more inportant issues on it's mind.
Also a buck marks his presence along the paths which cross his territory and towards the boundaries by fraying the bark off small trees.Basically he does this by rubbing his antlers up and down,at the same time making a scrape below the tree with his forefoot. Can you now explain to me why there was no marks below the wheelie bin?

Did I say it was a buck?

Also in one of my posts, i tried to explain what my sister had described to me what the animal looks like,so for the last time it was larger than a labrador and longer in length and very fast and it was black in colour.HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A BLACK ROE?

I've seen as near as Black and a pure White deer.

The evidence I've seen so far is inconclusive, better get that cctv up and running pronto, however i doubt you'll ever see anything again.

bt total broadband
16-Jul-09, 18:14
As regards to the above post which i find to be as funny as a fart in a spacesuite, let me try and clear up for the ignorant amongst us.Big cat sightings have been seen all around the country for a number of years now.There has been hundreds of eyewitness reports from people claiming to have seen them,there has even been one or two caught on camera,So why are they here? I myself worked many years ago at dunecht estate which is in aberdeenshire.After leaving the position i did a job for a few farms in the deeside area keeping down vermin,It was while doing this that i too saw a very large panther like cat.I could tell you the story but i won't,as i see no point in explaining the event to people who are too narrow minded to listen.However i did talk to some local shooting friends and gamekeepers about the incident and various theories were passed around.One being big cats have always been in this country but it was only now due to deforestation that the animals themselfs have been pushed out into the open and that is why there is sightings now been reported.I myself don't believe that.The answer to the big cat question was in my mind answered when the shooting times(i think) ran a number of articles many years ago on the subject.It was so long ago that i cannot remember exactly what was quoted but it basically explained that way back in the 50s or 60s big cats were in the hands of many private owners in this country.I believe this was before cites regulations came in to force.For whatever reason some of these irresponsible owners quite simply and without any thought released them in to the wild.It's as simple as that.

Stop taking yourself so seriously. It's only a bit of fun.

I have read plenty, and watched TV programs, about big cats being sighted in the UK. I have actually seen one myself. Circa 1984/85 I was on a bus going to Thurso and travelling down the turn off towards Halkirk adjacent to the railway line. A large cat bounded through the field for a short way, as if scared by the sound of the bus. The size and colouration were consistent with a smallish Puma. I was struck by the relatively long tail and the animal's gait being so unusual. Before I could bring it to anyone else's attention, the cat disappeared into cover. I have no doubt that it was NOT a Wildcat and it was way too big for a domestic cat. Unless it was a very young animal, I would say it was too small for a Puma. Perhaps a hybrid?

Anyway, in my experience, these animals tend to be shy and shun humans. I seriously doubt them scraping to get into a house and rabbits etc must be fairly plentiful at this time of year, making it unlikely that they need to break into anyone's home.

The trouble with these stories is that people take them and run wild with their imagination at times. Check out this page on the famous Beast of Bodmin:-

http://www.unknown-creatures.com/beast-of-bodmin-moor.html

A spiritual being who can vanish from a barn eh?

The author of that page needs a wee bit more time with a dictionary and less with the head in the clouds!!

By the way, how many chairs does our intrepid astronaut get with his "spacesuite"?

Remember, it's only a bit of fun :)

ps From the same site, check out the "Snallygaster", it's a quality yarn this one!!

http://www.unknown-creatures.com/snallygaster.html

Oh My Goodness, there's a Pope Lick Monster as well!!

http://www.unknown-creatures.com/pope-lick-monster.html

I'm off til' e Coop for a dram, I canna handle 'is[/quote]who said it was trying to break in,or anything to do with rabbits.

fudge100
16-Jul-09, 19:34
Never said Roe deer

Did I say it was a buck?

So if you did not say it was a buck then i could only assume you ment a doe?Unfortunatly doe's do not have antlers. You also did not say it was a roe.So what are we left with? A red deer stag?Do you have any idea the size of a stag? I could just imagin a red deer stag on top of my sisters roof.As i said before what planet are you on?You obviously know very little about deer.Why on earth people open there mouths and let there belly rumble about things they obviously have no idea about is beyond me.Incidently what do you imagin deer tracks and scrapes to look like?

scorrie
16-Jul-09, 19:48
who said it was trying to break in,or anything to do with rabbits.[/QUOTE]

Gee Whiz Sherlock!!

Why else would a "Big Cat" be on your roof and scratching at kitchen windows? Unless it was trying to get in to see if you had The Bill on your TV, it is pretty safe to assume that any animal in the area would be looking for food. Given the choice between a nice, easy, tasty rabbit and a desperate attempt to breach a human household, I know exactly which option any wild animal would take.

You presented the original tale to this forum. It doesn't work on the lines of "Who said anything about this or that?", the scenario is analysed by those capable of looking logically at the matter and theories are put forward. I can guarantee you that the Police and any wildlife experts will tell you exactly the same thing as I have done regarding why animals would be scraping about anyone's house.

If you are looking for a "Simon/Sally Says" forum you are in the wrong place.

bt total broadband
16-Jul-09, 21:28
who said it was trying to break in,or anything to do with rabbits.

Gee Whiz Sherlock!!

Why else would a "Big Cat" be on your roof and scratching at kitchen windows? Unless it was trying to get in to see if you had The Bill on your TV, it is pretty safe to assume that any animal in the area would be looking for food. Given the choice between a nice, easy, tasty rabbit and a desperate attempt to breach a human household, I know exactly which option any wild animal would take.

You presented the original tale to this forum. It doesn't work on the lines of "Who said anything about this or that?", the scenario is analysed by those capable of looking logically at the matter and theories are put forward. I can guarantee you that the Police and any wildlife experts will tell you exactly the same thing as I have done regarding why animals would be scraping about anyone's house.

If you are looking for a "Simon/Sally Says" forum you are in the wrong place.[/quote]there is no need to try and be smart,alot of people dont know what it could be after.1 person i spoke to in the village near me asked if my dog could be attracting it,but i have already been told that is not the reason

upolian
16-Jul-09, 21:31
well the cat certainly hasnt got anybodys tongue

in this case.....keyboard skills[lol]

webmannie
16-Jul-09, 22:09
Never said Roe deer

Did I say it was a buck?

So if you did not say it was a buck then i could only assume you ment a doe?Unfortunatly doe's do not have antlers. You also did not say it was a roe.So what are we left with? A red deer stag?Do you have any idea the size of a stag? I could just imagin a red deer stag on top of my sisters roof.As i said before what planet are you on?You obviously know very little about deer.Why on earth people open there mouths and let there belly rumble about things they obviously have no idea about is beyond me.Incidently what do you imagin deer tracks and scrapes to look like?

Think you'd better read up a bit on species of deer up here, here is a link to help you http://www.bds.org.uk/

fudge100
16-Jul-09, 22:56
Think you'd better read up a bit on species of deer up here, here is a link to help you http://www.bds.org.uk/

Come on then you expert what kind of species are you saying it is?Could it be rudolph?

telfordstar
16-Jul-09, 23:23
8 pages and still going strong are we getting some kind of closure or pics on this soon?

annemarie482
16-Jul-09, 23:45
i think the only closure needed is this thread! :lol:

teenybash
17-Jul-09, 01:14
May I make a simple suggestion with regard to the mysterious foot prints...... Make a plaster cast impression, which when set will reveal the species responsible of prowling around the house, putting an end to speculation and silly arguments.:)

Metalattakk
17-Jul-09, 02:47
8 pages and still going strong are we getting some kind of closure or pics on this soon?

I doubt it. The pics presented so far seem to be pretty inconclusive. I thought there was meant to be extensive damage done to a window and that the garden was left in a complete mess?

my kitchen window was all scratched on the outside and the mess was unbelieveable.

Not much sign of any of that from those photos.

katarina
17-Jul-09, 18:25
right i am getting annoyed with you now,for a start i did not blab on this thread about it,my brother did i was told to say nothing,i have sent a pm to a few orgers saying keep it quiet for now so go and shut up for 2 minutes please.you are boring,i am going to contact bill fernie about you as i hope other people do too,as he is as much as telling you not to believe anyone on this site

Awe, let him stay - he's good for a laugh if nothing else! I, as you may know am one of the people he most has a go at - But appart from his childish obsession of having to have the last word no matter how little sense it makes - he's harmless really. (i think)

webmannie
17-Jul-09, 18:56
Awe, let him stay - he's good for a laugh if nothing else! I, as you may know am one of the people he most has a go at - But appart from his childish obsession of having to have the last word no matter how little sense it makes - he's harmless really. (i think)

nah he always makes sense, don't know about armless but he'll probably be legless tonight!

useless piece of info about the metal man, he is a member of an elite pub team that plays the tv programme eggheads (with the sound off) and trounces us all, he is that brainy!!

scorrie
17-Jul-09, 20:36
there is no need to try and be smart,alot of people dont know what it could be after.1 person i spoke to in the village near me asked if my dog could be attracting it,but i have already been told that is not the reason

Not trying to be smart, simply being logical. Animals shun human contact, hunger is the only thing that makes them desperate enough to resort to approaching human homes.

telfordstar
17-Jul-09, 21:01
Are we anywhere near getting this cleared up at all or are folk just carry on trading insults???????

Metalattakk
17-Jul-09, 22:53

Bottom line is, she doesn't have any say in whether I stay or not. It's not up to her. I've broken no forum rules with my posts (in direct contrast to hers, I may add). I would welcome it if she would complain to Mr Fernie about my behaviour. I would revel in it, in fact.

nah he always makes sense, don't know about armless but he'll probably be legless tonight!

I resemble that remark. <hic>

useless piece of info about the metal man, he is a member of an elite pub team that plays the tv programme eggheads (with the sound off) and trounces us all, he is that brainy!!

Hardly. :D You're just miffed 'cos you couldn't attend tonight! (Dinna fash yersel', Eggheads wisna on tonight because of the golf...)

Not trying to be smart, simply being logical. Animals shun human contact, hunger is the only thing that makes them desperate enough to resort to approaching human homes.

And tellingly, with this being one of the warmest summers in recent years, I doubt whether a wild animal such as that which has been mentioned here would need to scavenge around wheelie bins for grub. There is surely a veritable abundance of food out there in the wild.

Are we anywhere near getting this cleared up at all or are folk just carry on trading insults???????

I wish I had the option of trading a few insults. Alas the rules forbid it, something I am more than aware of, unlike many of these .org freshmen.

telfordstar
17-Jul-09, 23:42
I wish I had the option of trading a few insults. Alas the rules forbid it, something I am more than aware of, unlike many of these .org freshmen.[/quote]

I wasnt having a dig at you personally just think theres a few he said/she said happening with no real proof. If at makes sense lol.

17-Jul-09, 23:56
This thread is now closed.

The Admin/Moderation team feel it has run its course,