PDA

View Full Version : T in the Park

davem
13-Jul-09, 19:09
Anyone else back - it was outstanding!

The Pepsi Challenge
13-Jul-09, 19:16
I was just there for the Sunday and still manged to get transformed into a lobster.

Very few 'festival' bands on the Main Stage, Squeeze a very, very early highlight. Snore Patrol deserve to die and Blur said it was their last-ever gig? Hmmm... The Media Centre was a welcome retreat from the noise, the smell and the radges. The complimentary food and drink is the best it's ever been, and for me, the best drama was seeing Ellis receive 'that call' from the hospital to find out if Coxon would make it or not. Had Blur no' turned up, it would have a been a massive disaster for DF. Not a big fan of festival concerts but to be in the photo pit during Blur's first couple of tunes was pretty amazing. Smoke and mirrors and all that jazz, ken.

davem
14-Jul-09, 22:49
Slightly different experience for those of us denied civilization for 4 days, I enjoyed Squeeze very much too. Seasick Steve was legendary only shame was they pinched 5 mins of his set.
Pet Shop Boys were just wonderful, Pendulum, Franz Ferdinand, Kings of Leon and the Killers.
Then Beardyman and Florence and the Machine all real highlights.
I thought we had missed a lot and we had but 23 bands and only 1 disappointment was good going. My last festival was Reading watching Lynard Skynard and the Stones; we all had such a good time, brilliant atmosphere, brilliant musicians and weather that was almost perfect. Would go again at the drop of a hat, my only worry would be that it'd stuggle to be better.
Check out Seasick Steve and Pendulum on the bbc T in the Park Homepage. Pet Shop Boys too but that isn't a patch on being there.

T IN THE PAAAAARK !!!!!!

BigKev
15-Jul-09, 12:22
I was just there for the Sunday and still manged to get transformed into a lobster.

Very few 'festival' bands on the Main Stage, Squeeze a very, very early highlight. Snore Patrol deserve to die and Blur said it was their last-ever gig? Hmmm... The Media Centre was a welcome retreat from the noise, the smell and the radges. The complimentary food and drink is the best it's ever been . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . , ken.

You are truely the best.

catnip
20-Jul-09, 18:25
Well been back home in Wick a week now and I think that is me starting to get fully recovered.

What on earth was Damon from Blur on ????

Also bought one of those digeredoos that was for sale on the stalls and Snarfer can get a tune out of it!

Ah it feels like a lifetime ago now.