PDA

View Full Version : Snow Warning.

Tugmistress
21-Mar-06, 18:07
Taken from ...
Here (http://www.net-weather.co.uk/index.cgi?action=forecast;type=alerts;reg=1;sess=; )

Alert details:
Valid from now until Thursday noon.

Scotland

Sleet and snow showers will continue to affect the north and east of Scotland through this period. This includes the Northern Isles. A few centimetres could accumulate through the period. A band of more widespread precipitation will move in from the north west late on Wednesday.

This area will affect Orkney and the mainland, chiefly north of Islay to Aberdeen with the heaviest in the far north.As the trough moves east then another band of precipitation will swing south over central Scotland, affecting areas of Highland and Grampian.

At sea level rain or sleet is expected but above 250-500ft snow is more likely. 3-5cm could accumulate and above about 750ft 10-15cm is possible.

knightofeth
21-Mar-06, 18:09
Yay :) I hope we get another good covering!

unicorn
21-Mar-06, 18:11
its trying hard right now!

stekar
21-Mar-06, 22:06
It's snowing like mad! Yes!!!

unicorn
21-Mar-06, 22:10
no snow outside my window where are you?

Violetsky
21-Mar-06, 22:53
Have you tried looking outside now? certainly snowing now - loads of it

ice box
21-Mar-06, 22:58
I take it there is a lot of snow up your way

Is that thurso ?

angela5
21-Mar-06, 22:59

I just had a peek outside..plenty now:(

angela5
21-Mar-06, 23:00
I take it there is a lot of snow up your way

Is that thurso ?

look out your window icebox[lol]

ice box
21-Mar-06, 23:07
look out your window icebox[lol]
I see a little sprinkle i want more lol

krieve
21-Mar-06, 23:09
How about angela and icebox go outside and do a snow dance lol see if you can bring some more snow our way .

Violetsky
21-Mar-06, 23:09
No not in Thurso - I am in the "top tourist attraction" of Groats
sorry thats another thread - loads of snow here in Groats - and it does not appear to be wanting to stop - that will make for an interesting drive to work in the morning :-(

lasher
21-Mar-06, 23:19
How about angela and icebox go outside and do a snow dance lol see if you can bring some more snow our way .

How about they don't, i'm driving up from Aberdeen 2morrow nite, could do without snow![mad]

the original ducky
21-Mar-06, 23:23
yeah its weird weather isnt it? so much for spring? i think that all the kids will be looking forward to more snow so theres no school, what they like eh?

angela5
21-Mar-06, 23:31
yeah its weird weather isnt it? so much for spring? i think that all the kids will be looking forward to more snow so theres no school, what they like eh?

All Kids will be praying for more me on the other hand does'nt want to see any..check that link out in the morning if you have any concerns over school closure...

skaterboy
21-Mar-06, 23:59
Im heading down to Campbeltown tomorrow morning so im hoping that the snow stays away. The temperature has certainly fallen a few degrees and any snow that is lying has frozen.

Tugmistress
22-Mar-06, 00:18
well it was certainly freezing earlier this evening, when i was on the pier at 5.30pm it was water, at 5.45 it was ice/water at 7pm it was pure ice and like working on glass!