PDA

View Full Version : Photos on canvas.

erli
21-Mar-06, 15:43
I am moving home soon and looking for a wall display for the hall.
I have a beautiful black and white photograph of my children that I would like enlarged onto canvas. I don't want it painted, I could do that myself. I want the photograph transferred and enlarged onto a canvas of 4ft by 2ft.
I have searched the internet and found nothing, I am hoping that someone knows of somewhere that does this. Any help would be much appreciated.

erli
21-Mar-06, 16:07
I have found somewhere now, I didn't look very hard.:o
There are plenty companies offering this service but it was more difficult to find one that put the picture on a large canvas.
Thats me happy now.:grin:

katiekrunch
21-Mar-06, 18:45
I'm glad to hear you found something to help you. I was interested to find out after having read your post a few hours ago and since then have been searching around. I hope the following will add to your findings, might as well give them to you!!
www.photobloc.com
www.britisharts.co.uk/artworkoncanvas.htm
www.photo-canvas.com (london 02089604567)
www.artake.com/printing-photographs-canvas/prints-photos-onto-canvas.htm
www.photoimageart.co.uk (cheshire 01625873462, enquiries@photoimageart.co.uk)
In Scotland there are a few places in Edinburgh, which I know of from having lived there, they are;
www.aandmphoto.co.uk 'A & M Photographic' 27 Elm Row Edinburgh 01315578186, £6-£75 canvas effect/bonded.
www.pyramidimaging.co.uk 6-8 Bread Street Edinburgh 01312297010 enquiries@pyramidimaging.co.uk
I hope this is of some help. Good Luck X

erli
21-Mar-06, 19:59
Thanks katiekrunch, I think I will have a look through those.
The firm I found are charging £225 for the size I would like, so it would be good to find somewhere a bit cheaper.
Thanks again.:grin: