PDA

View Full Version : County Show

Joey
12-Jul-09, 22:05
Help, i'm confused!!! I thought the County Show was on in Wick this year, but on passing Tescos tonight there is a sign saying is is on in Thurso!! Can anyone tell me which is correct?

Bradcon
12-Jul-09, 22:06
It is in WICK this year

celtic88chick
12-Jul-09, 22:09
I thought it was in wick this year as well however i haven't seen anything advertising it and its supposed to be on saturday.

Joey
12-Jul-09, 22:11
Thanks for that Bradcon. I think the show folk better get their signage sorted out.

lynne duncan
12-Jul-09, 22:40
http://www.caithnessshow.co.uk/

in wick

spurtle
13-Jul-09, 09:44
It is in WICK this year

Good! It always rains when it is in Thurso

Bradcon
13-Jul-09, 16:48
Fingers crossed for great weather and a good crowd there.

bettedaviseyes
13-Jul-09, 17:06
not been in years to the county show is it still a rip off to get in?:roll:

im behind you
13-Jul-09, 17:23
i was hearing during the weekend that the county show commite was not happy with the side shows as they where taking up a lot more room than normal. but the side shows asked first so tough.

Kevin Milkins
13-Jul-09, 18:36
Help, i'm confused!!! I thought the County Show was on in Wick this year, but on passing Tescos tonight there is a sign saying is is on in Thurso!! Can anyone tell me which is correct?

I cycled past the sign for the county show that is posted roadside at Tesco's and indeed it does say Thurso.

It would seem it is a dual sign that has an interchangable flap for either Wick or Thurso and someone has ripped the Wick flap off the front thus displaying Thurso.:eek:

I can see one or two folk heading over to Thurso for the show.:confused

WICKER09
13-Jul-09, 18:36
not been in years to the county show is it still a rip off to get in?:roll:
To get into the show on Saturday it is Six pounds and Two pounds for kids. Kids Free if under school age

Wellies
13-Jul-09, 18:44
im behind you you should really get your facts right before you make a comment. Your comment is about 10% right it has the words County Show in it

Bookworm
13-Jul-09, 19:44
You've forgot to mention the parking charges.
So if I go on the 18th it'll cost me £6 to get in and £3 to park.

katarina
13-Jul-09, 19:47

It's in Wick. I passed the riverside today and they are already erecting the tents.

mrjolly
13-Jul-09, 20:55
You've forgot to mention the parking charges.
So if I go on the 18th it'll cost me £6 to get in and £3 to park.they have some nerve asking for that kind of money in this hard times.:eek:

upolian
14-Jul-09, 01:38
£9 for entry and parking [para]

Bradcon
14-Jul-09, 14:46
Compared to other Agri Shows, its not that dear, for a whole day out.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
14-Jul-09, 14:54
I cycled past the sign for the county show that is posted roadside at Tesco's and indeed it does say Thurso.

It would seem it is a dual sign that has an interchangable flap for either Wick or Thurso and someone has ripped the Wick flap off the front thus displaying Thurso.:eek:

I can see one or two folk heading over to Thurso for the show.:confused

Ye solved the mystery Kev,the sign definitely said Wick on Saturday when I passed.Mind ye some of the signs out there on the roadside are a bit outdated.The one for the Yardbirds coming to the Assembly Rooms is still out there.[lol]

mrjolly
14-Jul-09, 16:31
Compared to other Agri Shows, its not that dear, for a whole day out.it is when wick is one of the top unemployment
black spots in the uk
:eek:

bobbyrussell09
14-Jul-09, 16:59
get down early an park at sommerfield carpark an walk up to miller avenue an go through the trees an get in for free lol:lol:

mrjolly
14-Jul-09, 17:03
get down early an park at sommerfield carpark an walk up to miller avenue an go through the trees an get in for free lol:lol:
excellent idea lol. thanks:Razz

bobbyrussell09
14-Jul-09, 17:05
excellent idea lol. thanks:Razz
did it couple years ago lol worth a try;):lol:

telfordstar
14-Jul-09, 18:27
im behind you you should really get your facts right before you make a comment. Your comment is about 10% right it has the words County Show in it

Well if you know the fact wellies then spill!!!!!!!!!

badger
14-Jul-09, 19:46
did it couple years ago lol worth a try;):lol:

No problem with avoiding parking charge by walking but why should you get in for free? The organisers presumably need the money. Do you go shoplifting because you don't like paying for goods?

telfordstar
14-Jul-09, 19:53
No problem with avoiding parking charge by walking but why should you get in for free? The organisers presumably need the money. Do you go shoplifting because you don't like paying for goods?

Chee whizz dina really think you need the interigation it was all wrote in good banter. take a chill pill.:roll:

piratelassie
15-Jul-09, 00:59
Now Bobbyrussel09 u have let the cat out off the bag, the tree's in Miller ave., will be surrounded...try swimming across the river (thats if there's enough water in it) :lol:

Venture
18-Jul-09, 09:22
What disappointing weather for the organisers of the County Show. Hopefully the rain will clear up by the afternoon. If you are going today, I'd say wellie boots are top of your list. It was already squelching under foot down there before today's rain came. ;)

Kevin Milkins
18-Jul-09, 09:31
What disappointing weather for the organisers of the County Show. Hopefully the rain will clear up by the afternoon. If you are going today, I'd say wellie boots are top of your list. It was already squelching under foot down there before today's rain came. ;)

I was just thinking the same thing Venture.

What a shame to have heavy rain on today of all days.:( Hope it clears up soon else I might live my ambition of going to Glastonbury.:Razz

Hibeechick
18-Jul-09, 09:55
Definitely a day for wellies! Was on the field just after half 8 this morning and the van struggled to get off the field then.

Dynamic Sounds
18-Jul-09, 11:44
I'm on the showfield just now with the Caithness FM show van, and I can say that the rain has stopped, but some parts of the field are muddy.

THey have been dumping harcore in bits so that is helping, but when you all come down, don't come in your best shoes or trianers, probably better wearing CAT/hiking boots, or as hibbee chick said, wellies.

PS before anyone wonders how I am doing this, a 3G dongle is a brilliant ain't it!!!

Amy-Winehouse
18-Jul-09, 11:46
I was just thinking the same thing Venture.

What a shame to have heavy rain on today of all days.:( Hope it clears up soon else I might live my ambition of going to Glastonbury.:Razz

Aye Glastonbury had Kasabian Blur & decent bands , the farmers show has "music" from the side shows & Wick pipe band- not just the same, Id save up my pennies for next year Kev[lol]

Kevin Milkins
18-Jul-09, 11:54
Aye Glastonbury had Kasabian Blur & decent bands , the farmers show has "music" from the side shows & Wick pipe band- not just the same, Id save up my pennies for next year Kev[lol]

I think I will have to put Glastonbury down as an oppotunity missed, as I am a bit to old now.:(

My youngest son hung up his Glastonbury boots/wellies this year after not missing one for eleven years. (apart from the non event)

katarina
18-Jul-09, 12:51
ok. I'm off doon. see u allin the beer tent!

tenabowla
18-Jul-09, 23:08
I would never attend on the wick year the site is rubbish its on so many different levels and is spread out terribly. Scrabster is an ideal setting it should be there every year.

redeyedtreefrog
19-Jul-09, 00:35
PS before anyone wonders how I am doing this, a 3G dongle is a brilliant ain't it!!!

Didnt know you got 3G in Wick :D

Amy-Winehouse
19-Jul-09, 13:56
I would never attend on the wick year the site is rubbish its on so many different levels and is spread out terribly. Scrabster is an ideal setting it should be there every year.

Thing is though the site in Wick is very close to the town centre & is a lot more easy to access than the Scrabster show, Scrabster is well spread out BUT its a bit far to walk for a lot of people. Do I detect a bit o Thura/Wick banter coming through on your post?;)

unicorn
19-Jul-09, 14:24
Well we had a great day and really enjoyed it, so well done to the organisers.

Bazeye
19-Jul-09, 17:27
I think I will have to put Glastonbury down as an oppotunity missed, as I am a bit to old now.:(

How old are you? I went to Glastonbury this year with my two nephews and their mates aged between 18 and 22 and Im 49 and loved it. Incidentally the last festival I went to before that was Reading in 1978 and Status Quo were playing, and lo and behold they were on at Glastonbury this year.

katarina
19-Jul-09, 18:23

You ARE joking?

Alice in Blunderland
19-Jul-09, 18:42
How was the beer tent Katarina :lol: You made it back okay. :Razz

floyed
19-Jul-09, 20:10
Didnt know you got 3G in Wick :D

Yep i have 3g on my iphone:D