PDA

View Full Version : Top gear

TRUCKER
12-Jul-09, 18:30
The espoide that is on tonite is the one where they take the gills ferry to orkney

WickWitch
12-Jul-09, 19:15
I never miss it. It is one of my favourite shows, I even watch the repeats :lol:

pink25
12-Jul-09, 19:16
When is it on? Or have I missed it

WickWitch
12-Jul-09, 19:16
8pm BBC2.......

gollach
12-Jul-09, 19:21
8pm BBC2.......

Isn't it 9pm cos of T in the Park programme?

WickWitch
12-Jul-09, 19:23
Yes, Gollach, you are correct. I had forgotten about that

pink25
12-Jul-09, 19:41
Thank you :D

Kodiak
12-Jul-09, 19:55
If you have SKY then you can see Top Gear at 8pm on BBC2 London on 989.

I will be be so I can watch Kingdom at 9pm on ITV

weeksider
12-Jul-09, 20:53
Who was chap @ ferry @ gills struggling with the ropes ?
Not as Fast As Usain Bolt

Invisible
12-Jul-09, 21:39
did anyone notice that the clips were out of sync in terms of geographical position, i noticed lybster then berridale and then brora, prob doesnt matter tho but that annoyed me slightly

lynne duncan
12-Jul-09, 22:02
aye continuity hmmmm!
saw them going up and down berridale then lybster then the mound
but still a very good program!!!!!

Mik.M.
12-Jul-09, 22:24
Yep noticed that too. Going North from Berriedale,next shot was the turn for Rogart. Still since when does it matter that facts are not right?

wifie
12-Jul-09, 22:28
Nice car tho! :D

telfordstar
12-Jul-09, 22:39
did anyone notice that the clips were out of sync in terms of geographical position, i noticed lybster then berridale and then brora, prob doesnt matter tho but that annoyed me slightly
Thank heavens i wasnt the only one who thought that.

Anne x
12-Jul-09, 23:03
Nice car but no mention of the Pentalina and Gills dont suppose the south viewers would relate to any thing other than JOG the out of sync was odd though pleased Orkney postie has his viewing mins on bbc not a lot of Northern Scots can say " I was on top gear "

joxville
12-Jul-09, 23:18
Nice car tho! :D
A heap of crap, looked awful.....a Porsche should never be a four door. [disgust]

wifie
12-Jul-09, 23:21
A heap of crap, looked awful.....a Porsche should never be a four door. [disgust]

Don't care - I liked it - I am just stating my opinion - thank you! [disgust] :Razz

joxville
12-Jul-09, 23:25
Don't care - I liked it - I am just stating my opinion - thank you! [disgust] :Razz
And so was I. :roll:

wifie
12-Jul-09, 23:33
And so was I. :roll:

Oh so you were! Sowwy! Heck is jumping down folk's throats catching? :eek:

joxville
12-Jul-09, 23:46

Nah, only swine flu is catching. ;)

wifie
12-Jul-09, 23:48
Nah, only swine flu is catching. ;)

Phew!!! Must have been a momentary lapse! :cool:

joxville
13-Jul-09, 10:44
Though I can be a pig when I want too. [lol]

Mik.M.
13-Jul-09, 11:31
If you two are going to fight, take it outside,we don`t want any trouble in here.:lol:

WickWitch
13-Jul-09, 11:44
I don't normally like the Porsche but I did like the 4 door version.
Thank goodness that we don't all like the same car. It's bad enough that so many modern cars look similar. What is wrong with variety?

travy
13-Jul-09, 13:10
did any one think that the letter got to orkney quick sent a letter to glasgow and it took two day's to get there?

Invisible
13-Jul-09, 14:17
Yep noticed that too. Going North from Berriedale,next shot was the turn for Rogart. Still since when does it matter that facts are not right?

I also thought that they didn't exactly take the quickest way north some roads from perth onwards were not the main a9 route. Not complaining just merely pointing it out.

kitty kat
13-Jul-09, 17:16
Who was chap @ ferry @ gills struggling with the ropes ?
Not as Fast As Usain Bolt

that guy was super thom [lol]

George Brims
14-Jul-09, 00:11
Was that the sort of Porsche that's meant to be a Range Rover alternative - an SUV as we would call them in the US? If so it's a good thing they came in the summer. Those things are useless in snow.

Metalattakk
14-Jul-09, 00:39
I also thought that they didn't exactly take the quickest way north some roads from perth onwards were not the main a9 route. Not complaining just merely pointing it out.

Aye, and stopping to let the camera crew go ahead to set up their cameras to film them driving past (again and again) must have slowed them down just a bit too...

Jebus, do people not realise this is just televisual entertainment and not a flippin' live broadcast?

joxville
14-Jul-09, 07:54
Was that the sort of Porsche that's meant to be a Range Rover alternative - an SUV as we would call them in the US? If so it's a good thing they came in the summer. Those things are useless in snow.

You're thinking of the Porsche Cayenne, an ugly brute of a car.

See some here: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=porsche+cayenne&FORM=BIFD#

annemarie482
14-Jul-09, 10:47
You're thinking of the Porsche Cayenne, an ugly brute of a car.

See some here: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=porsche+cayenne&FORM=BIFD#
hey! we own a porsche cayenne!
might not be to your taste but has proved a fantastic family car for us!
does everything we need and more!
as for offroad, its great. we use it regularly on the farm!
each to their own though lol

Invisible
14-Jul-09, 13:35
Aye, and stopping to let the camera crew go ahead to set up their cameras to film them driving past (again and again) must have slowed them down just a bit too...

Jebus, do people not realise this is just televisual entertainment and not a flippin' live broadcast?

like i said im just merely pointing it out

Mik.M.
14-Jul-09, 22:06
Just been told my my pal in Kilmarnock that the Post Office cheated by using a plane from Edinburgh to Kinloss. Her fella was due to drive "the letter" along with all the other mail from there to Inverness.

joxville
14-Jul-09, 22:11
Even if the Post office hadn't cheated they would still have won because occassionally Captain Slow was allowed to drive. ;)

cemmts
15-Jul-09, 00:23

Yup a great 4x4
The turbo S is a monster

Mik.M.
15-Jul-09, 10:17
Even if the Post office hadn't cheated they would still have won because occassionally Captain Slow was allowed to drive. ;)
Ain`t that the truth brother!!

dragon
20-Jul-09, 12:51
Any idea when they filmed up here? Was it in the Groat, that top gear would be up here? So annoyed i didn't know they were coming this far north. Would have been awesome to have met them. Top gear is one of my favourite programmes.

Metalattakk
20-Jul-09, 14:24
Aye, it was in the Groat:

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/6673/Stars_gear_up_for_ferry_crossing.html

Somehow, I don't think they tend to advertise where they are going and when. ;)

George Brims
21-Jul-09, 04:17
I think it's a nice looking car. However I went off them when I sailed past a few of them on a hill with packed new snow in my extremely ugly Isuzu Rodeo. It may partly have been tyre choice though. Ours are pretty chunky. The Rodeo is also fairly heavy which can actually be a help in such circumstances.

I've seen the Top Gear episode on YouTube since the first posting. Not sure I like the looks of that car (not in US yet) but the lads seemed impressed with how it drove.

Tighsonas4
21-Jul-09, 10:31
no that leaves you and jox equal on points :Razz you should know that as your both quiz masters [lol] tony