PDA

View Full Version : Dolly in window

dan67
21-Mar-06, 14:45
hi i am finlay aged 4 and wondering where dolly is in the white house in the berridale braes i usally see her in the window upstairs with teddy i seen teddy the last 3 times i have passed but no dolly from finlay

comca
21-Mar-06, 22:41
the dolly has not been in the window for some months now as my 2 girls look every time we pass.i am tempted to knock on the door and ask where has dolly gone .does anyone actually know how long the teddy has been in the window?:Razz

emszxr
21-Mar-06, 22:50
that teddy been there 9 years anyway

Sutherland850
22-Mar-06, 00:00
Poor teddy - it'll be strange passing and that not being there been there since i was a kid!!

Zambo
22-Mar-06, 01:07
LOL - we always look out for Teddy as well!!!

How sad! ;-)

krieve
23-Mar-06, 02:18
hi i am finlay aged 4 and wondering where dolly is in the white house in the berridale braes i usally see her in the window upstairs with teddy i seen teddy the last 3 times i have passed but no dolly from finlay
I hope the dolly comes back Finlay

Venture
27-Mar-06, 11:05
Might be an idea if you posted this in the general forum. Im sure someone would be able to answer your question about the dolly.

Fran
30-Mar-06, 23:35
saw teddy in the window today upside down and not very elegant!!!!

Lavenderblue2
12-Apr-06, 07:51
Do you know, I can't say that I had ever noticed the teddy or the dolly before before.

However when passing yesterday I saw the upside down teddy with a little dolly beside him. Could this be that they have kissed and made up?

LB

trinkie
14-Apr-06, 18:57
There once was a Dolly in a window
Upstairs in a house very White
On Berriedale Braes I could see her
Oh, I dreamed of that Dolly all night

I dreamed that we played by the burn
I dreamed that we played by the shore
I dreamed that we loved one another
And soon I would wander no more

One day as I passed Dolly's window
I gazed but I got such a fright
For Dolly had gone from her window
How I cried and cried all the night

Then Teddy appeared in the window
He was lying quite upsides down
With a smile on his face and a glint in his eye
Gone was that worried frown

For near him sat Dolly in her window
Wearing a pretty gown
She smiled as I passed and whispered
'' I'd only popped into town ''

footie chick
14-Apr-06, 19:30
What a great poem. think everyone looks for dolly now!

highlander
14-Apr-06, 20:14
Lovely poem!!! last time we went to inverness i made sure i looked for teddy and dolly, when i shouted to my husband "YES THEY ARE THERE"! he thought i had gone off my rocker lol
So rock on Teddy and dolly!! im in your fan club too

hilly2
15-Apr-06, 23:48
Hi, was off to Dingwall on fri and i had a look and there is dolly and teddy (doing a handstand in the window)

Alice in Blunderland
17-Apr-06, 21:36
Oh no Im going to Inverness this week and as you can guess I am going to look for teddy and dolly .I have never noticed them before.

zappster
19-Apr-06, 17:57
Our kids have always looked for the teddy ..He's a Landmark in Caithness!!

laguna2
19-Apr-06, 20:27
Was really pleased to see Teddy back in the window when I went south at Easter :D

Jenni
20-Apr-06, 20:38
When I first read this thread a few weeks ago I had no idea what you were all on about but today I was passing Berriedale on my way to Dornoch and was curious. I then spotted the white house and sure enough there was teddy still doing his handstand and dolly by his side. I carried on my journey feeling quite smug now that I was in on the saga.

highlander
21-Apr-06, 22:59
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/highlander1959/21stapril005.jpg

for those who are not able to go and see teddy and dolly

The White House Spy
02-May-06, 14:31
My sources in Berriedale tell me that Teddy and Dolly are just good friends, but Teddy is being very secretive about something at the moment - what is Teddy's secret?

Moira
02-May-06, 17:02
My sources in Berriedale tell me that Teddy and Dolly are just good friends, but Teddy is being very secretive about something at the moment - what is Teddy's secret?

Going by Teddy's position at the moment, I would guess that he has fallen head over heels in love with Dolly and is going to ask her to marry him [lol]

trinkie
02-May-06, 20:13
As I was driving by Berriedale Braes
I got such a big surprise
As I was driving by Berriedale Braes
I couldn't believe my eyes
For every Bear that ever there was
Was gathered there for certain, because
Today's the day that Teddy Bear is proposing.

Supposing Teddy bends on knee
A lovely sight to see
When Teddy sighs and asks
''Dolly will you marry me
Please say that you'll agree
My own true Bride to be?
Dolly we will gad about
Oh how we'll play and shout
We'll never have any cares
At six o'clock when mummies and daddies
Are driving back from work -
We'll both climb back upstairs ...

From our window we will see
How pleased they will be
That you have married me,
I will sit upon my head
Before we go to bed
In perfect reverie 'neath the moon
How we will swoon
We've had such a perfect day
We'll wave and smile to all of the drivers
Who pass our window each day
And wish them well on their weary way.''

Lavenderblue2
02-May-06, 21:00
What a lovely poem Trinkie - Teddy is quite plainly head over heals in love with Dolly. I do love a good romance aaah..........

LB

changilass
03-May-06, 21:13
Saw the 2 teddies and dolly in the window, there is also a much bigger teddy in the first window as you are heading south.

Congratulations on your wedding:D

The White House Mole
04-May-06, 21:22
Who has married whom? Is it true that Dolly has been jilted and that Teddy has married big teddy? Poor Dolly.....:cry:

hilly2
04-May-06, 21:39
Congratulations on your wedding. Saw the announcement yesterday (Wed 3rd)

difin
10-May-06, 21:51

look carefully next time, teddy got married!

mccaugm
13-May-06, 11:58
Thanks to Finlay for starting this thread, it just brightened up a boring Saturday morning. I am going south on Wednesday and will be looking our for the newlyweds. Whereabout in Berriedale are they so I don't miss out on the excitement?

Halkirk Chickie

connieb19
13-May-06, 12:13
Thanks to Finlay for starting this thread, it just brightened up a boring Saturday morning. I am going south on Wednesday and will be looking our for the newlyweds. Whereabout in Berriedale are they so I don't miss out on the excitement?

Halkirk ChickieIt's the big white house on the left, as you are going down Berrieale, just on the tight bend, you can't miss it. I had never noticed them before, but now, I look every time I pass.:)

mccaugm
14-May-06, 12:39
Thanks for that Connie, I will point them out to my sons when we pass.

mccaugm
17-May-06, 19:52
Just to say saw the newlyweds in the window, thought the "Just Married" sign was a lovely touch.:)

angela5
22-May-06, 21:25
Newlyweds are still in the window, what has happened to jilted dolly? noticed a brown teddy in one of the other windows, there's hope for dolly yet!:lol:

peedie
27-Jun-06, 13:37
saw the just married sign poor dolly! teddy has another big teddy! and what looks like a very small teddy as well.... ;)

engiebenjy
12-Jul-06, 23:29
So chuffed - came back north the other day, and saw them for the first time. Will probably look every time I go past now. Just hope I don't cause a crash!!

taylor.4
12-Jul-06, 23:37
So chuffed - came back north the other day, and saw them for the first time. Will probably look every time I go past now. Just hope I don't cause a crash!!It's funny that everyone who passes will always look for them, passed the other day got kids to look saw them in window....[lol]

Billy Boy
14-Jul-06, 14:31
has anyone noticed the large teddy in the other window? looks like the poor thing is trying to escape:lol:

Fran
01-Aug-06, 02:04
noticed today the "just married" sign has gone and there is a big teddy in another window, who is he? Are they divorced? What is going on?