PDA

View Full Version : Do you think bank bosses would do this ?

Alice in Blunderland
12-Jul-09, 09:22
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8145552.stm

Transport tycoon Brian Souter handed over his £1.6m bonus to his company's pensioners and his charity. :)

Somehow I dont think we will read these headlines in relation to bank bosses :eek: ........... do you ?

David Banks
12-Jul-09, 10:20
Transport tycoon Brian Souter handed over his £1.6m bonus to his company's pensioners and his charity. :)

Somehow I dont think we will read these headlines in relation to bank bosses :eek: ........... do you ?

You got that right !

I don't trust the Banks' bosses - they live in a different world from you and me.

caphat
12-Jul-09, 11:33

No way they are to busy waiting for there next big bonus!!!!!

Kodiak
12-Jul-09, 14:59
What I would like to ask all the Bank Bosses who get these Massive Amounts of Money as a Bonus is this.

What Bank do you keep your Money in?

The answer to that question would be very revealing I think

butterfly
12-Jul-09, 15:10

Hell would freeze over first.................:eek:

Mik.M.
12-Jul-09, 16:28
Pity that he didn`t give his drivers and staff in Caithness a decent pay rise instead! Just another case of "look at what I`ve done, ain`t I wonderful"

wifie
12-Jul-09, 18:27
Precisely Mik! From reading the story it would seem that Mr Souter is really strapped for cash after his generosity - NOT!

Alice in Blunderland
12-Jul-09, 19:05
What I would like to ask all the Bank Bosses who get these Massive Amounts of Money as a Bonus is this.

What Bank do you keep your Money in?

The answer to that question would be very revealing I think

I would think they have very thick mattresses. :eek:

Alice in Blunderland
12-Jul-09, 19:07
Precisely Mik! From reading the story it would seem that Mr Souter is really strapped for cash after his generosity - NOT!

Could this be a tax dodge. :confused

wifie
12-Jul-09, 19:12
LOL Alice - no doubt there will be an accountant somewhere tappin away on his calculator! ;)

Bazeye
12-Jul-09, 21:48
Pity that he didn`t give his drivers and staff in Caithness a decent pay rise instead! Just another case of "look at what I`ve done, ain`t I wonderful"

TBH he was in a no win situation. If he kept it hed have been slagged off as well.

weeboyagee
13-Jul-09, 10:42
Somehow, methinks that the £1.6m into the pension fund (depending on where it is invested) may be better for the wellbeing of the employees in the long run. The money will continue to make money and therefore be a bigger contribution in the long run. The only folks who won't benefit will be those who sadly won't live long enough.

At the end of the day, it's a private firm and he is free to do with it as he pleases. If the drivers et al give him a hard time about it he has alternative choices a) sell the company and you could land up with a worse owner who could drain the entire company (bonus or not) or b) close the company and fire the lot of you and have no hassle. And of course, the drivers and staff in Caithness would have no job. Why do you drive for a company that you don't like the pay rate of? Get another job. If there aren't any other jobs, then you have to settle for what you have. You may not be content with what you have but moaning about it or being sarcastic about it will not make it any better.

The world is full of choices - for employees, owners and bosses.

WBG :cool: