PDA

View Full Version : Is this money well spent ?

Alice in Blunderland
12-Jul-09, 09:11
I was reading this story this morning and couldn't believe it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8146019.stm

£81.5m has been spent on deportation flights since 2005. :eek:

This does seem a large amount of money and the use of privately chartered jets is I feel wrong.

Is the government thinking this one through correctly ?

joxville
12-Jul-09, 09:48
It would be money well spent if we could deport the Government instead.

Alice in Blunderland
12-Jul-09, 09:51
It would be money well spent if we could deport the Government instead.

Next election Jox you'll get your chance. :lol:

David Banks
12-Jul-09, 10:07

This does seem a large amount of money and the use of privately chartered jets is I feel wrong.

Having been in Canada since 1975, I will not attempt a Kick at the parliament in London, but I think you do have a very good question.

One wonders what proportion of that money has been used on deportations from Scotland ?
Maybe the private jets (from Scotland) should be kitted out with small bagpipe ensembles.

Alice in Blunderland
12-Jul-09, 10:38
I just find it unbelievable that the government will go to such expense and from reading the report such extremes to kick some people out.

In a way they have created this situation and are going about it in quite a draconian way to rectify it. Two wrongs don't make a right :confused

Bazeye
12-Jul-09, 21:51

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8146019.stm

Get them in a Hercules.

Serenity
13-Jul-09, 00:26
There are some people they should be deporting but surely in a lot of cases they would actually be more benefit to the country keeping them here than kicking them out. Eg low level work being done that no one else wants to do and then of course all the doctors etc being kicked out and not allowed to work when they are here.
But of course governments just do anything to win themselves points with the voters.
I think they should do the sums first.

Bazeye
13-Jul-09, 01:40
There are some people they should be deporting but surely in a lot of cases they would actually be more benefit to the country keeping them here than kicking them out. Eg low level work being done that no one else wants to do and then of course all the doctors etc being kicked out and not allowed to work when they are here.
But of course governments just do anything to win themselves points with the voters.
I think they should do the sums first.

Here we go again........I dont think theyre talking about Doctors and the like. Think its just about failed asylum seekers, who if they were seeking asylum could have probably claimed it in a dozen other countries before they reached our shores. They are failed asylum seekers, who together with illegal immigrants should be deported as they have no right to be here.IMO.