PDA

View Full Version : faces of meth

brandy
11-Jul-09, 12:45
you know how we often talk about the ravages of drugs?
well was on cnn looking at news stories and came across this.
its a real eye opener.
its a series of before and after pictures of meth users.
have a look, and see what drugs really do.
http://www.fox5sandiego.com/entertainment/photos/kswb-pg-faces-of-meth,0,1627332.photogallery

Boozeburglar
11-Jul-09, 13:20
Oh my! The ravages of 'drugs'!

Does aspirin do that? I will desist henceforth!

Or is it perhaps one particular group of drugs?

In this case, specifically Methamphetamine.

I agree it is shocking if you were previously unaware.

The abuse of certain illicit drugs, not the use of illicit drugs per se, is the cause.

I am sure we have all witnessed the effects of a couple of years heavy drinking can have as well.

unicorn
11-Jul-09, 13:52
ok pics 11 and 12 How did he change colour? I dont think that is same person surely??

Stefan
11-Jul-09, 14:18
ok pics 11 and 12 How did he change colour? I dont think that is same person surely??

Yes, it's the same person, look at the eyebrows and ears. Meth can have that effect on skin pigments.

unicorn
11-Jul-09, 14:19
yowza.........:eek:

brandy
11-Jul-09, 15:01
one thing i was wondering about.. are those sores on the faces or where they have been hit?
i know a couple of pics are sores, but not all of them? the first two are really shocking to me

teenybash
11-Jul-09, 16:34
Pretty grim viewing, makes me ask the question, why do people do this to themselves....sad, very sad.

teddybear1873
11-Jul-09, 16:57
Yes, it's the same person, look at the eyebrows and ears. Meth can have that effect on skin pigments.

My first impression also was that he was black (or is the term African-American)

Connor.
11-Jul-09, 16:59
Apparently one of the side affects of meth is going to a blind hairdresser.

Stefan
11-Jul-09, 17:58

Nope. One of the side effects is that you don't have money for a hairdresser, so it's DIY or ask your mates... or let it grow.

Vistravi
11-Jul-09, 18:02

I thought that too unicorn. I'd seen stefan's post so went looking the second time for the signs that it was still the same man.

Can't believe the damage people do to themselves.

Liz
11-Jul-09, 18:10
Very disturbing!

Would make a good anti-drugs poster.

porshiepoo
11-Jul-09, 18:23

I thought the same but go back and check out the eyes - it's the same guy!
The pictures are appalling and hopefully they'll be some kind of deterrent for youngsters however, do you know the one thing that went through my sick mind on every single shot? Wow, that's some diet!

Vistravi
11-Jul-09, 18:26

A DIY job ;)

Dreamweaver
11-Jul-09, 19:51
Truly gruesome :eek:

dragonfly
11-Jul-09, 19:55
while on holiday I was reading a book and the main storyline was about a town where everyone was involved in the trafficking of meth and from the way the writer described the hardened users its definately reflected in those pictures - apparently it gets a hold of you very quickly once you start using it - scary stuff!

golach
11-Jul-09, 20:26
There are a few Orgers who promote the use of illicit drugs and substances banned by the government, and say this is ok, well what can i say, are they right?

Bazeye
11-Jul-09, 21:39
Seems to work if you want to lose those few extra pounds.

Bazeye
11-Jul-09, 21:41
There are a few Orgers who promote the use of illicit drugs and substances banned by the government, and say this is ok, well what can i say, are they right?

Suppose it depends which type of illicit drugs you mean and how often you use them.

Stefan
11-Jul-09, 22:21
Seems to work if you want to lose those few extra pounds.

Problem is that you can't just stop when you've reached your ideal weight. Not to mention the health problems you aquire....

Connor.
12-Jul-09, 03:42

Just cos the government says something, doesn't mean it's right.

mrjolly
12-Jul-09, 07:43
that is true:cool:

Gleber2
12-Jul-09, 13:17

Just cos the government says something, doesn't mean it's right. There are more than a few Orgers who promote the use of alcohol which kills thousands of people daily and damages counless thousands more.
I could put together a before and after gallery of some of the folks I know who became alcoholic and it would be equally graphic and shocking. The only drug defended by people on this forum is cannabis and it is true to say that all of us would be quick to condemn the use of class A drugs such as methamphetamine, heroin and crack.

sweetpea
12-Jul-09, 13:26
There are more than a few Orgers who promote the use of alcohol which kills thousands of people daily and damages counless thousands more.
I could put together a before and after gallery of some of the folks I know who became alcoholic and it would be equally graphic and shocking. The only drug defended by people on this forum is cannabis and it is true to say that all of us would be quick to condemn the use of class A drugs such as methamphetamine, heroin and crack.

too true, I've lost family members and good friends to alcohol. The gallery you talk about is grim. Personally I think alcohol is the worst drug.

Margaret M.
12-Jul-09, 14:13
One is hard pressed to find any deaths for which cannabis is the primary suspect, the same can not be said for substances approved by the government. I think it is madness not to legalize cannabis --we waste resources arresting, prosecuting and imprisoning those who use a substance that is proven to be much less harmful than tobacco, alcohol or some prescription drugs.

The main findings of the following report are: · High use of cannabis is not associated with major health problems for individuals or society.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2002/mar/15/drugsandalcohol.medicalscience

Gleber2
12-Jul-09, 14:36
One is hard pressed to find any deaths for which cannabis is the primary suspect, the same can not be said for substances approved by the government. I think it is madness not to legalize cannabis --we waste resources arresting, prosecuting and imprisoning those who use a substance that is proven to be much less harmful than tobacco, alcohol or some prescription drugs.

The main findings of the following report are: · High use of cannabis is not associated with major health problems for individuals or society.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2002/mar/15/drugsandalcohol.medicalscience
In all the reports I have read on the subject of cannabis, only one death has been atributed to this substance and even that was speculation without proof.

Gleber2
12-Jul-09, 14:48
too true, I've lost family members and good friends to alcohol. The gallery you talk about is grim. Personally I think alcohol is the worst drug.
By every yardstick available for comparison, alcohol, the Jeckel and Hyde drug, is one of the most destructive drugs on the market. More people are damaged by alcohol than all other drugs put together except perhaps tobacco. One wonders how many more alcoholics there are than meth addicts. I am not, by any means, advocating the use of class A drugs but it is manifestly true that the most abused social drug is alcohol and its detrimental effects are as bad, if not worse, than any class A subsatance.
Illegality is not a criteria that should be used when discussing the effects of any substance.

scorrie
12-Jul-09, 16:37
Pretty shocking images but alcohol can be as bad, albeit it may take a bit longer to ravage the body.

Take a look here, for example at Racing Pundit John McCrirrick in glowing health, on the left, and how alcohol will affect him in the future (hopefully soon says one wag), on the right:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/ed_imgSNN0423I_241649a.jpghttp://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/147_123020053538.jpg

Shockaroony!!

butterfly
12-Jul-09, 18:22
There are more than a few Orgers who promote the use of alcohol which kills thousands of people daily and damages counless thousands more.

Well said there Gleber2.

Bazeye
12-Jul-09, 22:01
Problem is that you can't just stop when you've reached your ideal weight. Not to mention the health problems you aquire....

You do realise I was joking. Of course you do. Ive just bitten havent I ?

Bazeye
12-Jul-09, 22:05

You can also get legal highs from sex shops and head shops and theyre as strong as the real thing. So Ive been told.

Connor.
12-Jul-09, 22:10
So Ive been told.

Those vital 4 words :lol:

Gleber2
13-Jul-09, 13:58
You can also get legal highs from sex shops and head shops and theyre as strong as the real thing. So Ive been told.
Anything that effects the mind is the real thing. The legality of a substance, such as alcohol, legal highs etc does not make it less of a drug or less harmful than illegal highs. One of the most used natural highs as opposed to chemical highs, is a plant called salvia sage from Mexico which is stronger, in some ways, than LSD. This plant is readily available in doses which are 5 to 50 time stronger than the natural herb and is being used by a lot of young people because it is legal and easily obtained.

Connor.
13-Jul-09, 14:22
Salvia divinorum is not harmful, unless of course taken in large doses and constant use just like anything else i.e. alcohol and even fizzy drinks.

Although, what about most medicenes nowadays? Even hayfever tablets can make you drowzy and can lead to sleeping. Is that any more wrong?

It's your life, your body, do what you want tbh :roll:

Gleber2
13-Jul-09, 15:12
Salvia divinorum is not harmful, unless of course taken in large doses and constant use just like anything else i.e. alcohol and even fizzy drinks.

Although, what about most medicenes nowadays? Even hayfever tablets can make you drowzy and can lead to sleeping. Is that any more wrong?

Agree with you!! However, I found salvia to be intensley powerful to the point where I would never use it again and I have been a psychedelic dabbler for 40 years. It appears to have a different effect for everyone that takes it, some benign, some not. I find it almost Monty Pythonish that this herb is legal and cannabis is not. Some countries have already banned it and I believe that Nanny State is about to make it unavilable.
Very difficult to judge long term effects or indeed damage, from a substance that is fairly new to our reality.[evil]

brandy
13-Jul-09, 15:40
its your life your body?
what about when you kill, harm , endanger and cause other harm to not only yourself but others when taking drugs and alcohol.

Connor.
13-Jul-09, 15:44
Well you shouldn't be allowed into a place of public.

I know i'm on a knife edge by saying this but if you don't know the risks of whatever you're doing and you ending up harming/killing yourself then you have no one to blame but yourself.

Gleber2
13-Jul-09, 16:15
Many people get damaged, killed or endangered by people who are not on drugs or alcohol.

Bazeye
13-Jul-09, 16:20
If everone who went out smoked weed instead of drinking the amount of trouble would decrease dramatically. Fact.

Gleber2
13-Jul-09, 16:45
If everone who went out smoked weed instead of drinking the amount of trouble would decrease dramatically. Fact.
Right on!!!!

Connor.
13-Jul-09, 16:48

Everyone would be too lazy to do anything. :lol:

Stefan
13-Jul-09, 19:22
You do realise I was joking. Of course you do. Ive just bitten havent I ?

Nope, just pointing out what's obvious for most of us to make sure that the youngsters who read this will not get a wrong impression.

In general terms I would agree with this. However, I had to attend a funeral today. She was only in her early 40's and died of liver failure due to prolonged alcohol abuse. I didn't know her but two people I love have lost their mum. Sad and painful.

If you destroy your own life you will hurt others. Your life is never just your own... especially not when you have children. Or parents. So that includes just about everyone.

mrsinkstack
13-Jul-09, 21:11

Before or after ? You choose - don't know which one is worse ? !!!! :roll:

sweetpea
17-Jul-09, 00:44
By every yardstick available for comparison, alcohol, the Jeckel and Hyde drug, is one of the most destructive drugs on the market. More people are damaged by alcohol than all other drugs put together except perhaps tobacco. One wonders how many more alcoholics there are than meth addicts. I am not, by any means, advocating the use of class A drugs but it is manifestly true that the most abused social drug is alcohol and its detrimental effects are as bad, if not worse, than any class A subsatance.
Illegality is not a criteria that should be used when discussing the effects of any substance.

I read recently that about a third of all violent crime is alcohol fuelled. Probably the next biggest killers to kives and guns and cars, if not more.
I used to work in a bar in Glasgow and we all used to say that at the end of the night you had drinkers and tokers and it was the tokers you could rely upon to leave with grace, not fight outside or demand more drink or indeed assault you in some way.

Boozeburglar
17-Jul-09, 01:10

Isn't hemp a restricted substance??

Since when is legislation common sense?

:)