PDA

View Full Version : Ten days

Tighsonas4
10-Jul-09, 21:54
we have now lost ten of our prime young soldiers in as many days while the politicans at home try to tell us its not in vain??
wonder how many of them have bairns without a daddy or wives without a husband
war was always war but this a new type of warfare to what we experienced in the past one, men have fought for there country throughout the ages but what country is it now tony

ciderally
10-Jul-09, 22:14
was just thinking that myself....bring them home...now

pat
10-Jul-09, 22:39
How about sending the government and their families out instead - see how long they last before suffering stress and injuries.
All training and equipment usually provided to our troops will be given to the government and families before they leave UK - only way to find out if they can talk their way out of the situation as they seem to be able to talk their way out of everything else.
The governement and families will also have to 6 months there, then return in 9 months for another 6 months if they have not succeeded in creating peace!

We have had Teflon Tony - can we now have Godly Gordon the peacemaker.

I feel so sorry for the families of our service personnel killed whilst fighting in an area I consider they should not be serving. My thoughts are with the service personnel in any conflict zone and their families and friends at home.

Serenity
10-Jul-09, 22:41
Seems like at least some of the families disagree: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8142412.stm

Fly
10-Jul-09, 22:47
We all accept that a member of the armed forces is liable to lose their life in warfare but in the defence of of their own country not another. Bush and Blair have a lot to answer for and their successors also. It is time to bring them all home and I would suggest using them to rid our country of those who would turn us into a Moslem state.
I expect that suggestion will not go down well with some people, but I am sick and tired of all the pussy-footing around that goes on and pandering to those who would bring us to our knees while accepting all the benefits they can get.
Sorry for getting side-tracked, but it does make me angry.http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon8.gif[disgust]

Bazeye
10-Jul-09, 22:54
We all accept that a member of the armed forces is liable to lose their life in warfare but in the defence of of their own country not another. Bush and Blair have a lot to answer for and their successors also. It is time to bring them all home and I would suggest using them to rid our country of those who would turn us into a Moslem state.
I expect that suggestion will not go down well with some people, but I am sick and tired of all the pussy-footing around that goes on and pandering to those who would bring us to our knees while accepting all the benefits they can get.
Sorry for getting side-tracked, but it does make me angry.http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon8.gif[disgust]

Ive got no problem with that at all.

teenybash
10-Jul-09, 23:31

Well said for it is a war that can never be won and I believe by its continuation, the UK is put at greater risk. It now seems to be common knoweledge, we are a breeding ground for the few who uphold the way of the terrorist and based on that we are destroying our own country and the lives of the brave and trusting troops....... who will never see home again.
Gordon Brown and his followers and predecessors should hang their heads in shame...............

Serenity
11-Jul-09, 04:05
Now 8 dead in 24 hours and 7 seriously injured.
IMO we should not be discussing the relevance of the war and concentrating on honouring the dead who have died for our country.

oldmarine
11-Jul-09, 04:49
It's a lot different war than the one in which I served. I served and fought for my country's freedom against the enemy who attacked us: the Japanese Empire. I remember Great Britain doing the same against Germany, Italy, and the Vichy France.

tonkatojo
11-Jul-09, 10:34

I don't know about being sidetracked, you have hit the nail on the head.
The problem being, the fight in these muslim countries is to "keep the fight there" not allow it to be totally fought on our home ground. Carefull who you vote for or it could easily be the case.

hotrod4
11-Jul-09, 11:31
we should support our troops.
What we need to do is get one of them big nukes and drop it on Afghanistan and rid the world of these barbaric wastes of space who hide behind a book that they constantly misqoute.
Yes it will take out some innocent civilians but there not "our" civilians, but OOps I forgot they have done that in our country against us already 7/7 anyone?[evil]

Fly
11-Jul-09, 15:22
we should support our troops.
What we need to do is get one of them big nukes and drop it on Afghanistan and rid the world of these barbaric wastes of space who hide behind a book that they constantly misqoute.
Yes it will take out some innocent civilians but there not "our" civilians, but OOps I forgot they have done that in our country against us already 7/7 anyone?[evil]

Good idea. It's only what they would do to us given half a chance; Have done in a way already. http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon8.gif