PDA

View Full Version : found 35mm film

JimH
21-Mar-06, 01:16
I have found an exposed, but undeveloped 35mm film, in the small black cylindrical container, on Thurso beach.
It is Trueprint and appears undamaged.
If anybody wants to claim it - reply via the system[smirk]

Rheghead
21-Mar-06, 10:15
I have found an exposed, but undeveloped 35mm film, in the small black cylindrical container, on Thurso beach.

Sounds like the start of a mystery novel to me. I wonder what is on the film? Has the salt water damaged the film?

JimH
21-Mar-06, 18:32
No the film looks undamaged to me.

philupmaboug
21-Mar-06, 21:34
I found a film under similiar circumstances and had it developed and found that the first snap was off the couples name and address in Italy, they were delighted to have them returned and sent a nice thank you to me.

Rheghead
21-Mar-06, 21:43
If no one claims it, you can get them burnt onto a cd disc at little cost at Sutherlands. Then if you get any clues on the ownership then you can email them onto them.

MadPict
21-Mar-06, 21:56
35mm film? I thought that had all but vanished in this digital age! Maybe this has been bobbing around in the ocean for years after being dropped over board by someone holdaying in the Bahamas....

Naefearjustbeer
22-Mar-06, 01:19
If no one claims it, you can get them burnt onto a cd disc at little cost at Sutherlands. Then if you get any clues on the ownership then you can email them onto them.

Little money !!! I put a film in to get developed and as an after thought just before I left I said stick them on a cd as well please. When I paid it was £3 extra for the CD I nearly choked when I heard that. In total it was about £8.50 for the 24 photos and a cd. When you compare that to the £5 they charge for 50 digital prints, well put it this way I cannot see me using a 35mm camera again. I thought it wouldnt add much to the development costs to get a cd as a blank disk costs a few pennies these days. Boy was I wrong!

Chillie
22-Mar-06, 05:17

I say you should get it developed, it's the only way you will find out who's it is.:o)

Rheghead
22-Mar-06, 10:15
Naefear, it costs £4 for 24 at Sutherlands to just get the photos burnt onto a cd.

Naefearjustbeer
22-Mar-06, 10:42
I know businesses need to make a profit but that does seam a tad expensive when you consider how much a blank disk costs and how little time is required to actually burn a disc these days. Maybe it is a deliberate ploy to get people to move into digital photography.

moose and Lindsay
22-Mar-06, 11:53
Naefear, it costs £4 for 24 at Sutherlands to just get the photos burnt onto a cd.

99p at semi-chem

Rheghead
22-Mar-06, 12:08
99p at semi-chem

That is cheap!

Jimh, get the photos on www.photobucket.com and we will find the owner of the film!:grin:

JimH
22-Mar-06, 17:12
What is photobucket - I've never heard of that one.:confused

_awayoflife_
22-Mar-06, 17:15
its a site that you can upload your photos onto so that people cann see them :)

JimH
23-Mar-06, 18:29
Thankyou "awayoflife" I'll look at it:o

RandomHero
23-Mar-06, 19:37
Getting back to the more interesting matter: are you going to get the film developed?

Chillie
24-Mar-06, 03:15
Getting back to the more interesting matter: are you going to get the film developed?

Here,here I feel it has gone of the original subject too, go and get the film developed.:o)

Ann
24-Mar-06, 08:28
Best take it to the police station; that is always where I go when I lose anything, especially if I don't know whereabouts I lost it!
Ann

JimH
25-Mar-06, 12:49
Yes I think so - It's no good taking it to the nick as I think it is quite old.