PDA

View Full Version : Wicker Man - Film last night

Haitch
09-Jul-09, 10:41
Just seen a post by WickerWitch and it reminded of me last nights film The Wicker Man. It was the second time I watched it and I thought it was excellent. probably better the second time round as first time I was clueless as to what was going on.

Anyone else watch it? Does not do much for Scottish tourism I must admit but it is worth a watch just for the Britt Ekland scenes! :lol:

mrsinkstack
09-Jul-09, 11:46
It's a cult classic ! :)

Dynamic Sounds
09-Jul-09, 12:47
Missed it last night, but is a pure work of art.

Remember seeing a documetary about it a couple of yeas ago about how it nearly wasn't released, how some of the reels of film went missing (and are said to be buried under the M4) and lots of other setbacks it had.

My favourite scene is at the end where the wickerman falls over and you see the sunset. Apparently this was a total fluke. The wanted the man to burn in the sunset but whne it toppled over they thought "wow! now zoom in on the sunset"

Possibly the best movie with Edward Woodward as a scottish police man - EVER!

Invisible
09-Jul-09, 14:14
Thats got me thinking they should make a film about a man from Wick which they could call Weeker man!
Sounded funny in my head

Flashman
09-Jul-09, 14:16
Just seen a post by WickerWitch and it reminded of me last nights film The Wicker Man. It was the second time I watched it and I thought it was excellent. probably better the second time round as first time I was clueless as to what was going on.

Anyone else watch it? Does not do much for Scottish tourism I must admit but it is worth a watch just for the Britt Ekland scenes! :lol:

Yeah it's a Classic film, got it on DVD

Julia
09-Jul-09, 14:17
I can't watch that movie, it gives me the creeps!

Bazeye
09-Jul-09, 23:09
Classic film.

Phoebus_Apollo
10-Jul-09, 10:00
A true gem of a film - magical and intriguing from start through finish - I found the music added an extra dimension to scenes - gorgeous melodies. I`ve seen it over 7 times and visited Plockton to visit the harbourmasters house which featured in the introduction of the film.

If anyone has had the "pleasure" of seeing the (pitifuly dire) Nicolas Cage remake then you`ll understand why remakes of this film will never work.

Futher Wickerman info:
http://www.steve-p.org/wm/

Haitch
10-Jul-09, 10:12
Nice link cheers PA.

Whenever I see christopher lee as Lord Summerisle (like the picture in the link) I can not help but think of Alan Partridge... Ahaaaaa!