PDA

View Full Version : ASDA FUEL PRICE 99.9ppl

WICKER09
09-Jul-09, 10:32
Asda:D have this morning dropped the price of both Petrol and Diesel to 99.9 p per litre.They say there is NO need for fuel to be above £1.00 ppl.
I wonder if Tesco will follow and reduced there price.
Shame the nearest ASDA:lol: is in Elgin

Haitch
09-Jul-09, 10:33
It's a sign of the times that we are 'celebrating' petrol only costing 99p per litre....

tonkatojo
09-Jul-09, 11:37
Asda:D have this morning dropped the price of both Petrol and Diesel to 99.9 p per litre.They say there is NO need for fuel to be above £1.00 ppl.
I wonder if Tesco will follow and reduced there price.
Shame the nearest ASDA:lol: is in Elgin

Dont be daft, TESCO will not drop the price in wick as they command the market up here. good on yer ASDA, why do you think Tesco went out of their way to block ASDA up here, to rip us off as usual thats why. :mad:

bekisman
09-Jul-09, 11:37
Just think if it had not been for Saxon & Smith voting against ASDA coming to Pennyland, we'd have that price in Thurso as ASDA keeps National prices... just a thought.

tonkatojo
09-Jul-09, 11:48
Just think if it had not been for Saxon & Smith voting against ASDA coming to Pennyland, we'd have that price in Thurso as ASDA keeps National prices... just a thought.

Exactly !!!

PantsMAN
09-Jul-09, 12:02
Oil is at just over $60 per barrel and yet the pump price remains high.

So, if we are having to pay the high prices in Caithness, who should you give your money to? Tesco or a local outlet?

If the price is similar I will always buy local to keep the profit in the county.

BINBOB
09-Jul-09, 13:01
Oil is at just over $60 per barrel and yet the pump price remains high.

So, if we are having to pay the high prices in Caithness, who should you give your money to? Tesco or a local outlet?

If the price is similar I will always buy local to keep the profit in the county.

I only use the local garage,in principal...but i do shop in tesco.......only wish we had asda.:roll:

FutureMix
09-Jul-09, 13:10
Why moan about Tesco's again. I have been to Glasgow and Newcastle recently and the cheapest price of fuel I could find only matched Tesco Wick prices!!.

Could you have said that before Tesco's came to Wick. As my memory serves me right we would have had to pay a lot more for fuel in Caithness compared to anywhere further down the line.

Now who was ripping off who?? :confused

bobbyrussell09
09-Jul-09, 13:32
Why moan about Tesco's again. I have been to Glasgow and Newcastle recently and the cheapest price of fuel I could find only matched Tesco Wick prices!!.

Could you have said that before Tesco's came to Wick. As my memory serves me right we would have had to pay a lot more for fuel in Caithness compared to anywhere further down the line.

no one is ever happy,im with u on this.theres always these usuall complaints when prices come down.people should know tesco isnt national,but isnt the price still cheaper than the rest of the town

bekisman
09-Jul-09, 14:10
FutureMix; Could you have said that before Tesco's came to Wick. As my memory serves me right we would have had to pay a lot more for fuel in Caithness compared to anywhere further down the line.
You are right there:

'It is worth noting that "In February 2004, the average price of unleaded petrol was 76.88p per litre. The cheapest was to be found in Thanet, Kent, at an average price of 70.80p, while the most expensive was Thurso in Caithness at an average price of 85.90p." *1..
"all the garages [Thurso] charged the same price which was 12p per litre above Inverness prices!". *2 July, 2005
Is the mark up from Inverness really that much?, come come..'

*1 http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=323232&in_page_id=2 (http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=323232&in_page_id=2)
*2 http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4685439.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4685439.stm)

tonkatojo
09-Jul-09, 14:20

We don't need reminding of the Caithness fuel cartel we lived through it. the point being , with true competition IE Asda V Tesco in caithness it could be so much better.

WICKER09
09-Jul-09, 14:55
We don't need reminding of the Caithness fuel cartel we lived through it. the point being , with true competition IE Asda V Tesco in caithness it could be so much better.

Very True what is needed is TRUE COMPETITION and not just on the fuel side of things ,we need it on the everyday shop as well.
ASDA in Caithness will just be a Dream now Smith & Co seen to that.
Having seen a copy of his Council Expenses he even claimed expenses to go to Inverness to see the Council Legal Team over his great Failure The heating system known as CHAP

weeksider
09-Jul-09, 15:06
Just wizz on a petrol prices related website and it still give Mowats garage in Wick as a petrol station, must be shut for about 8 years now .

The Angel Of Death
09-Jul-09, 15:08
The heating system known as CHAP

Isnt that knows as another 4 letter word starting with C ;)

grumpy1
09-Jul-09, 15:51
tesco do not dictate the fuel prices up here... a weekly survey is completed against all the garages in the wick area..and their price is in comparison to the local garages.....now can we please find something else to moan about..people are dying in the world if its too expensive get the bus...

bobbyrussell09
09-Jul-09, 15:58
2 surveys are done every week ,should ken ,used to work in the petrol station

Vistravi
09-Jul-09, 16:17
tesco do not dictate the fuel prices up here... a weekly survey is completed against all the garages in the wick area..and their price is in comparison to the local garages.....now can we please find something else to moan about..people are dying in the world if its too expensive get the bus...

Too true grumpy1. There are more important things in life than petrol prices.

The Angel Of Death
09-Jul-09, 16:33
Yea while that is true enough its still a very valid point in the paper yesterday they said that 20 years ago (coincides with the mo johnstone transfer saga) and petrol was only 40 p a litre when I started driving (10 odd years ago) I remember it only being about 60 p a litre shocking compared to what it is today and will no doubt go up to in the future

PantsMAN
09-Jul-09, 16:40

Grumpy1, may I respectfully suggest that, whilst your intentions are clearly noble in highlighting the need for perspective in relation to the world's problems, you are at liberty to start a thread entitled 'People are dying in the world'.

However, people have always been dying in the world. It's the human condition. :o

PantsMAN
09-Jul-09, 16:43
Yea while that is true enough its still a very valid point in the paper yesterday they said that 20 years ago (coincides with the mo johnstone transfer saga) and petrol was only 40 p a litre when I started driving (10 odd years ago) I remember it only being about 60 p a litre shocking compared to what it is today and will no doubt go up to in the future

And I remember when petrol was 5 shillings (25new pence) a gallon!

Now, there'll be a rush to calculate how many litres there are to a gallon. :lol:

weeksider
09-Jul-09, 17:07
Me and my brother used to go down to the Camps petrol station and put 50 p in the machine to get petrol then :lol:

grumpy1
09-Jul-09, 17:17
Grumpy1, may I respectfully suggest that, whilst your intentions are clearly noble in highlighting the need for perspective in relation to the world's problems, you are at liberty to start a thread entitled 'People are dying in the world'.

However, people have always been dying in the world. It's the human condition. :o

i thought about that but then it would get invaded with m.j. an im sick of hearing about that as well....(im sure im not on my own here)

tonkatojo
09-Jul-09, 17:20

If you dont like or agree with the current "moan", start your own thread on your pet subjects. Mine being petrol rip off's.

PantsMAN
09-Jul-09, 18:40
i thought about that but then it would get invaded with m.j. an im sick of hearing about that as well....(im sure im not on my own here)

My apologies but what exactly is "m.j." and how does he/she/it invade a thread?

grumpy1
09-Jul-09, 21:04
michael jackson an the whole people dying...any way time to move on i does think.......

PantsMAN
09-Jul-09, 21:19
michael jackson an the whole people dying...any way time to move on i does think.......

Ah, the singer chap. Thanks for the info grumpy1, apparently he was more important than I realised.

grumpy1
09-Jul-09, 21:21
Ah, the singer chap. Thanks for the info grumpy1, apparently he was more important than I realised.

hahahahahhahaha.... yeah me too...thanks for the giggle that amused me...[lol]

emc246
10-Jul-09, 00:23
Asda fuel price is 99.9p a litre - SO?? There isn't an Asda up here, TOUGH.
Imagine getting so up in arms about a few pence, the fact of the matter is, we are all in the same boat and you have to just accept the price of things and get on with it.

hotrod4
10-Jul-09, 09:58
I'm all for buying local fuel but how come an outlet in Wick never advertise their prices?
What they do is have written in chalk on a board that funnily enough is always rubbed out!!! Then you get to pumps and find its 108.9!!!!!
Buy local yes but not when their picking the eyes out of you!!!![evil]

The Angel Of Death
10-Jul-09, 10:10
Yea i always thought you had to display your prices

bobbyrussell09
10-Jul-09, 10:39
Yea i always thought you had to display your prices
when i worked at the tesco pumps we hade a visit from trading standards an i asked this,they said you have to display prices

Fran
11-Jul-09, 01:14
Went to Morrisons in inverness today where petrol was only 99p but there were queues lined up waiting!!

Stack Rock
11-Jul-09, 14:38
Filled up at TESCO Inverness today 99.9p / ltr for petrol & derv. TESCO Wick is £1-02.9 for both.

emc246
11-Jul-09, 20:25
Why do people take note of the fuel price at every filling station they go to, if I went to inverness I'd have better things to do than go checking the price of fuel. The filling station in Wick has no competition, therefore if head office wants them to keep the prices at 1.02p a litre then they will.

tonkatojo
11-Jul-09, 20:56
Why do people take note of the fuel price at every filling station they go to, if I went to inverness I'd have better things to do than go checking the price of fuel. The filling station in Wick has no competition, therefore if head office wants them to keep the prices at 1.02p a litre then they will.

Exactly,thats the difference between ASDA (national prices) and Tesco (please themselves prices).

Stack Rock
12-Jul-09, 08:59
If you're not that interested in fuel prices why are you reading this thread!!!!!!
For your information I was in Inverness picking up passengers from beside the cinema and had to fill up to get back north and as I'm not blind I noticed the price at the pump. Furthermore I later happened to be in TECSO's in Wick and as you all know their fuel price display is at the entrance. I hardly think this constitutes cruising arround looking at prices.