PDA

View Full Version : car dumpers

bobbyrussell09
09-Jul-09, 08:29
just noticed on the news that they are wanting to give drivers fines an points if caught throwing stuff from cars

Flashman
09-Jul-09, 08:36
just noticed on the news that they are wanting to give drivers fines an points if caught throwing stuff from cars

Hey I just saw that on GMTV too, does anyone litter on this forum?

I must admit I have thrown away the odd bag of crisps in my time but usually I will put everything in the bucket.

Annoying when you cant find one though!

bobbyrussell09
09-Jul-09, 08:47
Flashman an myself have been down to rangers matches an are known to have a few tinnys an one of us always takes a bag an we empty it when we are close to a bin

pads1
09-Jul-09, 08:54
There should be fines and not points, its the same as dropping litter anywhere, its disgusting. Why not leave the rubbish in your car until you get home and dump it!

SAME with FAG ENDS!

bobbyrussell09
09-Jul-09, 09:00
There should be fines and not points, its the same as dropping litter anywhere, its disgusting. Why not leave the rubbish in your car until you get home and dump it!

SAME with FAG ENDS!
gmtv were on bout fag ends too,there report makes you see how bad it is,maybe not so much up here ,but it is still happening

pat
09-Jul-09, 09:56
many of the hill fires are caused by cigarette ends thrown out of cars or glass the sun magnifies and eventually enough heat is generated to start smouldering and burning.
The fires dont ignite immediately with both of these they smoulder away for hours before being discovered - so think before throwing a cigarette out a car window, you never know where it will end up.
If I had my way lit cigarette ends would end up in the back of the car - blown by the wind - then the person would discover how much damage is done by a lit cigarette end.

All for folk getting fined for littering - wish it would happen more often.

Take all rubbish to a bin and dispose of it sensibly..

zeppellin
09-Jul-09, 16:02
many of the hill fires are caused by cigarette ends thrown out of cars or glass the sun magnifies and eventually enough heat is generated to start smouldering and burning.
The fires dont ignite immediately with both of these they smoulder away for hours before being discovered - so think before throwing a cigarette out a car window, you never know where it will end up.
If I had my way lit cigarette ends would end up in the back of the car - blown by the wind - then the person would discover how much damage is done by a lit cigarette end.

All for folk getting fined for littering - wish it would happen more often.

Take all rubbish to a bin and dispose of it sensibly..
Just another thing to blame smokers for, anything else? credit crunch, banking collapse, Jackson death perhaps!!!!!

bobbyrussell09
09-Jul-09, 16:17
Just another thing to blame smokers for, anything else? credit crunch, banking collapse, Jackson death perhaps!!!!!
well who else is going to get blamed for the fag ends

Flashman
09-Jul-09, 16:26

Ha ha ha GOOD POINT!!

zeppellin
09-Jul-09, 16:29
Why do you need to blame anyone? Leave smokers alone, its people like you who have marginalised and stigmatised smokers.

zeppellin
09-Jul-09, 16:31
Ha ha ha GOOD POINT!!
Don't see what's so funny, if you have a point let's here it, otherwise STHU!!!!

bobbyrussell09
09-Jul-09, 16:45
Why do you need to blame anyone? Leave smokers alone, its people like you who have marginalised and stigmatised smokers.
well hang on ,if a fag end is left lying about who are u going to blame,isnt it smokers who smoke fags,or am i missing somthing

PantsMAN
09-Jul-09, 16:50

Zeppellin (sic), to the best of my knowledge, a fag end only appears at the end of a fag when a smoker has completed the consumption of the poisonous chemicals inserted in the fag by the manufacturer along with the tobacco.

I am unaware, as yet, of any group of people who buy cigarettes, tear the ends off, throw the ends on the ground and place the remainder of the fag in a bin.

Therefor it would seem that smokers are to blame for fag ends - unless you have another explanation?:confused

zeppellin
09-Jul-09, 16:51
well hang on ,if a fag end is left lying about who are u going to blame,isnt it smokers who smoke fags,or am i missing somthing
Yes, there's an 'E' missing from your last word, 'somthing' should be 'something.'

PantsMAN
09-Jul-09, 16:53
Don't see what's so funny, if you have a point let's here it, otherwise STHU!!!!

Zeppellin, that should be 'hear' not 'here'.

PantsMAN
09-Jul-09, 16:55
Anyway, let's not digress any more.

I agree with the proposal.

bobbyrussell09
09-Jul-09, 16:55
Zeppellin (sic), to the best of my knowledge, a fag end only appears at the end of a fag when a smoker has completed the consumption of the poisonous chemicals inserted in the fag by the manufacturer along with the tobacco.

I am unaware, as yet, of any group of people who buy cigarettes, tear the ends off, throw the ends on the ground and place the remainder of the fag in a bin.

Therefor it would seem that smokers are to blame for fag ends - unless you have another explanation?:confused
well said pants man,had a chuckle ere:lol:

zeppellin
09-Jul-09, 16:56
Zeppellin, that should be 'hear' not 'here'.
Well spotted, I was just waiting to see who would be first to spot the deliberate mistake, well done. lol.

bobbyrussell09
09-Jul-09, 16:57
maybe check the spelling on your posts first before you have a go at mine thank you

PantsMAN
09-Jul-09, 16:58
Well spotted, I was just waiting to see who would be first to spot the deliberate mistake, well done. lol.

Ah, the curse of a 1950s and 60s education I'm afraid. Once a pedant.....:lol:

arana negra
09-Jul-09, 19:14
:roll: is it the time of the month or summat for you lot ? can't you have a debate without a slagging match about spelling and who is blame for rubbish :roll:

Everybody that throws any kind of rubbish out of a car or leaves it behind their behinds anywhere should be pursued fined, points added to licence which ever applies. It is just lazy ignorant dangerous, no bins is a poor excuse, you carried to where you left it so carry back again as well !

Here is Spain it costs 4 points OFF your licence ( here you start with a bank of points and they get deducted for offences) it is a serious offence and rightly so considering how fires can start here, lives/homes/etc can be lost.

Serenity
09-Jul-09, 19:32
How did a thread about illegally throwing stuff from cars turn into a petty argument about fag ends and spelling??
Confused :confused

IMO it is all a bit nanny state and we should all just respect ourselves, neighbours and land enough not to do it. But that is a bit wishful

zeppellin
09-Jul-09, 20:05
How did a thread about illegally throwing stuff from cars turn into a petty argument about fag ends and spelling??
Confused :confused

IMO it is all a bit nanny state and we should all just respect ourselves, neighbours and land enough not to do it. But that is a bit wishful
If you don't want to debate, don't enter the debate. I suppose you want us all to agree with each other and just be one big happy family, this is not the Waltons or the happy clappy club. All I'm saying is that whenever people have little to worry about, they start having a go at smokers. Leave us alone and have a go at the real criminals of our society.

PantsMAN
09-Jul-09, 20:47
:roll: is it the time of the month or summat for you lot ? can't you have a debate without a slagging match about spelling and who is blame for rubbish :roll:

You may notice that our little tangential shuffle regarding spelling etc remained largely friendly and good humoured.

Please don't make it out to be something it isn't. Do you agree Zeppellin?

zeppellin
09-Jul-09, 20:56
You may notice that our little tangential shuffle regarding spelling etc remained largely friendly and good humoured.

Please don't make it out to be something it isn't. Do you agree Zeppellin?
Sure do, as do my friends Mr Lambert and Mr Butler.

im behind you
09-Jul-09, 21:01
i thought about throwing the wife out the car a couple times will that count

PantsMAN
09-Jul-09, 21:21
i thought about throwing the wife out the car a couple times will that count

Can one assume it is a cabriolet that you drive?:lol:

Flashman
09-Jul-09, 21:35

lol lighten up old boy, I thought it was quite a nice retort.

What was funny about it was that you said smokers get the blame for everything... and bobbeyrussell09 quite rightly pointed out who the hell else is thier to blame for fag ends getting thrown out windows

I dont have an opinion or any point to press on this one myself though, smokers dont bother me and either do fag ends being thrown out the window.

Serenity
10-Jul-09, 03:02
If you don't want to debate, don't enter the debate. I suppose you want us all to agree with each other and just be one big happy family, this is not the Waltons or the happy clappy club. All I'm saying is that whenever people have little to worry about, they start having a go at smokers. Leave us alone and have a go at the real criminals of our society.
Excuse me but I started asking a question about how a thread had turned on it's head so much?
Then I answered the original question by saying (IMO) it is all too Nanny State. What is your problem with my response becase your post which I am quoting has absolutely no relevance to what I said? :confused

Flashman
10-Jul-09, 08:21

Aye to be fair smokers may be to blame for fag ends but they are not to blame for all the litter on the streets.

I can see your point that a post that was started about litter seems to be all of a sudden targeting smokers and fag ends as if smokers are the only ones that litter.

Fag ends are just a tiny part of a far bigger problem and you cant blame any one section of society for it.

bobbyrussell09
10-Jul-09, 10:51
theralso a minority off young drivers dumping,anyone seen sommerfield car park after a friday ,saturday night

pads1
10-Jul-09, 11:50
I was talking about FAG ENDS BEING RUBBISH! Along with other rubbish - I think it is disgusting they get thrown on the ground and left they take 50+ years to decompose and someone has to come along and sweep them up.. also outside pubs when there are fag end bins.

SO I wasnt having a go at smokers - I was having a go at people to throw fag ends on the ground as rubbish, and OUT OF CARS when there are ashtrays in cars.!