PDA

View Full Version : Wind Turbines and Compensation?

Angel
08-Jul-09, 14:06
If a wind turbine has been erected while you are occupying your home you can get compensation if they are within a certain distance...

Is this true and what is the distance?
Where do I find any infor on this?

Angel...

WickWitch
08-Jul-09, 14:18
Hi Angel try this link; www.wind-watch.org
I am a huge supporter of alternative power though as well as trying to reduce our power consumption.....but I do love fast cars!!:confused

david
08-Jul-09, 20:11
If a wind turbine has been erected while you are occupying your home you can get compensation if they are within a certain distance...

Is this true and what is the distance?
Where do I find any infor on this?

Angel...

The folks in Westerdale/Spittal are more than compensated for the windmills proximity to their homes with the HHGC storage shed and also the new floodlighting of the church and Ross Institute, they will also be able to use the new sports complex in Halkirk funded partly from the windmill money when it arrives..They should be really pleased. As far as distance is concerned, Halkirk is around 5 miles from Westerdale and Halkirk residents benefit the most, being able to see these lovely buildings floodlite at night from the comfort of the Ulbster or Comm bars. You will be able to get further info on this by contacting a member of the HDBF (Halkirk District Benefit Fund). Don't bother with email as a reply is in my experience unlikely. A direct approach will get you nowhere unless you have registered at the Post Office-seems you have to prove you are a member of the community. Big place Halkirk you know.