PDA

View Full Version : Inconsiderate Neighbours

Lolabelle
08-Jul-09, 06:27
[evil] Now I can say whatever I like about my neighbours, because I don't come from Caithness, and neither do they! So on that note I want to have a rant!!!
We have new neighbours who have lovely little fluffy dog that stands in the centre of the road all day and all night barking! That drives me nuts, and I keep hoping that eventually someone will run it over instead of stopping and driving around the menace.
(Well not really, but this is my rant)
It also poo's all along my side of the foot path, so that I regularly have to go out and pick it up or stand in it when getting into or out of my car. I have 2 large dogs, they are not allowed to roam the streets, I try not to let them annoy my neighbours and I certainly don't allow them to defecate all over the foot path. I'm not a fan of picking up dog poo, but if my dogs do it when we walk, I don't leave it for someone to stand in, and I don't allow my dogs to wander around.
I have told them what thier dog is doing, and they just said that all dogs do that. I told them politely that I have enough poo to pick up, but the really weren't interested.
OK, thanks for letting me have a whinge. Short of calling the council ranger, I don't know what else to do.

sassylass
08-Jul-09, 06:55
You have a valid complaint. I'd think your next step is a call to the authorities, after all you've spoken with the neighbours and they dismissed you. Something similar was happening to us. Twice we spoke with our neighbours to no avail but they paid attention after the police knocked at their door.

EDDIE
08-Jul-09, 07:13
Well i would say there is 2 ways to deal with the dogs poo to get the owners attenion u can either pick up the poo and instead of disposing of it your self drop it in the owners garden or footpath and if your cheeky enough next time your dog need a poo take them to there garden to do it and see how they feel providing there not violent people,
Can u not buy one of thes kids waterpistols and soak the dog everytime its been noisy some of these waterguns have a fair range these days or u could alway go out to the dog and steal the collar everytime it makes a noise that would put an extra cost and waste time on the owner to get another collar

Kevin Milkins
08-Jul-09, 10:09
It can drive you bonkers if you let it and having this sort of thing to deal with is just no fun.

If you have already mentioned it to them and they took a load of no notice I would put your concerns in a letter to them (copy to file) and if it still has no effect write to them again telling them you will be reporting them to the ranger.

The trouble with falling out with nieghbours is you still have to live next door to them, even if does resolve the dog issue. Unfortunatly some people are just unreasonable and have no consideration for anyone but themselves.:confused

Good luck and hope you can get it sorted.

Stefan
08-Jul-09, 12:26
Moving the dog poop onto the foot path in front of your neighbours house might well be acceptable but shooting water at a dog can be classed as cruelty to an animal and stealing, ah well, I well let you work that one out yourself EDDIE.
Make sure you don't break the law, send a polite letter to your neighbours and if that doesn't help then inform the police, as the dog is posing a risk to drivers.
Possibye sspca as it is not acceptable to let your dog roam the street and risk it to be run over.
Either way it's not an easy decision to make as you keep having to live next door...

Well i would say there is 2 ways to deal with the dogs poo to get the owners attenion u can either pick up the poo and instead of disposing of it your self drop it in the owners garden or footpath and if your cheeky enough next time your dog need a poo take them to there garden to do it and see how they feel providing there not violent people,
Can u not buy one of thes kids waterpistols and soak the dog everytime its been noisy some of these waterguns have a fair range these days or u could alway go out to the dog and steal the collar everytime it makes a noise that would put an extra cost and waste time on the owner to get another collar

WickWitch
08-Jul-09, 13:48
Try sprinkling some lion or elephant dung around. That may make the dog too scared to leave it's house! You should be able to buy some from a local zoo :Razz

Kevin Milkins
08-Jul-09, 14:12
Moving the dog poop onto the foot path in front of your neighbours house might well be acceptable but shooting water at a dog can be classed as cruelty to an animal and stealing, ah well, I well let you work that one out yourself EDDIE.
Make sure you don't break the law, send a polite letter to your neighbours and if that doesn't help then inform the police, as the dog is posing a risk to drivers.
Possibye sspca as it is not acceptable to let your dog roam the street and risk it to be run over.
Either way it's not an easy decision to make as you keep having to live next door...

Some sound advice Stefan, however I don't think the SSPCA cover Australia.:confused:lol:

Connor.
08-Jul-09, 15:00
.22 shotgun should do the trick.

:lol:

sassylass
08-Jul-09, 16:31
.22 shotgun should do the trick.

Not funny. That did happen in our neighbourhood 25 years ago and it was terrible. It was not the dog's fault his owners were negligent.

Kevin Milkins
08-Jul-09, 17:00
Not funny. That did happen in our neighbourhood 25 years ago and it was terrible. It was not the dog's fault his owners were negligent.

Not with a .22 shotgun it didn't.:confused

EDDIE
08-Jul-09, 17:07

A wee bit of water on the dog is a lot better than a slug pellot or a size 10 boot

Margaret M.
08-Jul-09, 17:18
If they leave a lovely, little, fluffy dog to bark all day and all night in the middle of a road, and are not willing to ensure that their dog is in a safe environment, the dog should be taken from them and given to someone who can care for it properly. The dog is clearly neglected so I am puzzled as to why some think the dog being run over or shot is the solution here. Am I missing something? It's poo would be the least of my concerns when the animal's welfare is in danger. As soon as possible, I would make the neighbours aware of my concerns and if they are not addressed, I would not hesitate to contact the council ranger.

Vistravi
08-Jul-09, 17:35
[evil] Now I can say whatever I like about my neighbours, because I don't come from Caithness, and neither do they! So on that note I want to have a rant!!!
We have new neighbours who have lovely little fluffy dog that stands in the centre of the road all day and all night barking! That drives me nuts, and I keep hoping that eventually someone will run it over instead of stopping and driving around the menace.
(Well not really, but this is my rant)
It also poo's all along my side of the foot path, so that I regularly have to go out and pick it up or stand in it when getting into or out of my car. I have 2 large dogs, they are not allowed to roam the streets, I try not to let them annoy my neighbours and I certainly don't allow them to defecate all over the foot path. I'm not a fan of picking up dog poo, but if my dogs do it when we walk, I don't leave it for someone to stand in, and I don't allow my dogs to wander around.
I have told them what thier dog is doing, and they just said that all dogs do that. I told them politely that I have enough poo to pick up, but the really weren't interested.
OK, thanks for letting me have a whinge. Short of calling the council ranger, I don't know what else to do.

A rant is good once in a while;)

Got to agree with a couple other posters bout shifting the dog poo to their front gate so they stand on it and have to pick it up. Its a subtle way to make them see how annoyed you are.

sassylass
08-Jul-09, 18:02
Not with a .22 shotgun it didn't.:confused

I don't know much about guns, but I do know it was a shotgun and the retort was heard for a long distance in the wee hours of the morning. The dog didn't deserve to be destroyed like that.

Vistravi
08-Jul-09, 18:26
I don't know much about guns, but I do know it was a shotgun and the retort was heard for a long distance in the wee hours of the morning. The dog didn't deserve to be destroyed like that.

No animal does. The only kindest and fairest way to kill an animal is by puting to sleep by vets or while hunting shoot in the head, supposeably instant death or by breaking the neck. I don't like hunting animals and am strongly against anything that causes animals pain. The way i see it is if you're going to kill any animal when hunting or to end their suffering do it quickly and ina way that means instant death and no extra pain for them.

Connor.
08-Jul-09, 18:35
Err, i was joking when i said a .22 shotgun.

Why do people take me seriously? :roll:.

Vistravi
08-Jul-09, 19:08

I don't know Connor.
Why do some people not have a sense of humour or take everything as an insult? why do people like sun or hate it?
Its a unanswerable question youve asked lol:lol:

WickWitch
08-Jul-09, 19:22

Better that than be treated as a blonde airhead :lol:

Mik.M.
08-Jul-09, 19:42
Lolabelle, just pick up the offending poo and post it through the owners front door.:lol:

Stefan
08-Jul-09, 20:16
Some sound advice Stefan, however I don't think the SSPCA cover Australia.:confused:lol:
HA, never noticed !
Sure there will be an animal organisation over in Australia who will be concerned about the dogs welfare and visit the owners...

A wee bit of water on the dog is a lot better than a slug pellot or a size 10 boot

A wee bit of a crime is better than a wee bit bigger crime? What standards are you living by ???

lister
08-Jul-09, 20:42
As you probubly know they (new neighbours)will make you fall out with them,they will make you do something you really dont want to but will be forced to out of decency and whats right,you obviously have morals and know you rights,not just as a law abbiding citizen,but as a member of the human race and will see to it that you're treated the same as you treat others.
Report them or confront them its they who are calling the shots with there actions and ignorant bad manners and not taking into consideration anyone else's feelings.
O'course they wont see it this way will they?
Then again miracles have happened before i think!

David Banks
09-Jul-09, 00:59
You have a valid complaint. I'd think your next step is a call to the authorities, after all you've spoken with the neighbours and they dismissed you. Something similar was happening to us. Twice we spoke with our neighbours to no avail but they paid attention after the police knocked at their door.

Very sensible advice !!!

oldmarine
09-Jul-09, 08:37

Probably better than taking matters into your own hands and retaliating against them. By doing that you lower yourself to their level and lose the battle.

Lolabelle
09-Jul-09, 22:15

I agree, though I don't think the police will be interested, over here I'll have to ring the council. But first I think I will go and tell them about how cars have to slow down and drive around their dog. I am concerned for the animal, as it is always in the middle of the road. I don't think these people are awful, just blissfully ignorant of how annoying their dog is. They have another dog that is locked in the yard, but the little one can't seem to be kept in.
As much as it would be satifying to dump the poo back at their house, it's really just not me. I think I'll go and see them again, and appeal to their loving pet owners side, if the little pooing, barking fluff ball is in danger they may be more inclined to restrict it's wanderings.
Anyway, it was good to read all the posts, gave me a good laugh and helped put it in perspective.
If no result, I will call the ranger. For the dogs safety. I just don't wan't to do that until I have one more go with the owners.
Thanks everyone.
Oh and we do have the RSPCA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals)

Dadie
09-Jul-09, 22:21
Tell a wee fib....say you thought you saw the dog get hit by a car (elaborate if need be..small dog right under the jeep might do) and you are worried about its health and you are concerned that it might be worse next time something happens as it couldnt possibly be that lucky again!:D