PDA

View Full Version : Jet ski limit

bobbyrussell09
08-Jul-09, 00:29
Prob worded wrong, but surly there is sum limit to how far they can come close to land,was ere the other day an they were in pretty shallow

bobbyjoeufb
08-Jul-09, 07:21
No I dont think there is!

However I would like to think they would use some form of common sense and not come to close to people in the water.

emszxr
08-Jul-09, 07:32
be silly for them to come in too close whilst engine running as you end up sooking sand in engine and it aint good for them.

The Angel Of Death
08-Jul-09, 09:33
Prob worded wrong, but surly there is sum limit to how far they can come close to land,was ere the other day an they were in pretty shallow

How are they supposed to get into the water if they cant come close to land ;)

Flashman
08-Jul-09, 11:40

Ha ha aye was thinking that too.... Are they not designed for shallow water? Would imagine it would be pretty dangeorus running out of fuel and get caught drifting out to sea on one!

Haitch
08-Jul-09, 11:50
I dont think all Jet Ski's have speedos anyway...!

The Angel Of Death
08-Jul-09, 12:02
I dont think all Jet Ski's have speedos anyway...!

Naw but you can gauge how fast your going by the amount of dead flys stuck to your face ;)

slinky
08-Jul-09, 12:59
i they do my head in too think they own the sea ,standing fishing on numerous occasions and they have to come in do a few turns then speed of scaring all fish i hope to catch hurling away ,they dont have to impress me:roll: next time they do it im putting on a 3oz weight and letting it rip [evil]

Flashman
08-Jul-09, 13:19

Well I was there lad..... and think they were coming in close to get a better view of your silky brazillian football skills ;)

Connor.
08-Jul-09, 15:03
I've seen them coming as far in as the Ellen Bridge just a little bit down from the legion pool.

They were going pretty fast and you could see them displacing the bhoys that were set there. Should they be in passed the harbour?

bobbyjoeufb
08-Jul-09, 19:25
I've seen them coming as far in as the Ellen Bridge just a little bit down from the legion pool.

They were going pretty fast and you could see them displacing the bhoys that were set there. Should they be in passed the harbour?

Thurso Harbour does have a speed limit I think its 6 knots. This is in place to prevent damage to the boats moored in the harbour.

bobbyrussell09
09-Jul-09, 08:25
Well I was there lad..... and think they were coming in close to get a better view of your silky brazillian football skills ;)
for how close they were they could have joined in

bobbyrussell09
09-Jul-09, 08:27
wasnt meaning it lek that ,was meaning when using it

The Angel Of Death
09-Jul-09, 09:14
Add to that if your coming inshore really close dont yo stand more chance of mashing the bottom of the jet ski on a rock or something ?

JNMWick
09-Jul-09, 13:28
They can run in anything down to a foot of water, even less. It's obviously dangerous to the hull of the ski though as there a higher chance of smashing it open on the bottom. Apart from that they'll go anywhere. Nearer the beach is good when there's waves for flying over. Nailing some serious air is what it's all about! :)

bobbyrussell09
09-Jul-09, 13:50
They can run in anything down to a foot of water, even less. It's obviously dangerous to the hull of the ski though as there a higher chance of smashing it open on the bottom. Apart from that they'll go anywhere. Nearer the beach is good when there's waves for flying over. Nailing some serious air is what it's all about! :)
that was the problem ,few people were out at the waves,this is wat started the original thread.they should go to a quiet part of the beach ,not the busiest

Flashman
09-Jul-09, 14:12
that was the problem ,few people were out at the waves,this is wat started the original thread.they should go to a quiet part of the beach ,not the busiest

They were not bothering anyone though and they were carefull not to go close to swimmers, if anything they were adding to the beaches atmosphere. I think it is good to see the beach busy like that.

Stop moaning lad the beach is for everyone lol.

bobbyrussell09
09-Jul-09, 14:17
They were not bothering anyone though and they were carefull not to go close to swimmers, if anything they were adding to the beaches atmosphere. I think it is good to see the beach busy like that.

Stop moaning lad the beach is for everyone lol.
n trying to moan thread did start of as a question,but has sort o left that domain

JNMWick
10-Jul-09, 12:57
I agree with flasman. It's good to see the beach busy and people doing different things, that's what it's there for. Also they must have been carefull as no-one was hurt or injured. As long as thats the case no harm done.

bobbyrussell09
10-Jul-09, 13:33
again was just asking ,if the guy came closer might of nabbed it off him lol

northener
10-Jul-09, 15:10
The only restrictions you'll get are in areas controlled by Harbour Authorities, as stated before, usually a speed limit of around 6 knots.

Apart from that, the sea is their lobster...so to speak.
As usual, there's always an ignorant small minority who spoil it for everybody and cause problems - but hopefully we aint got anyone like that up here......

Mik.M.
10-Jul-09, 15:54
The only restrictions you'll get are in areas controlled by Harbour Authorities, as stated before, usually a speed limit of around 6 knots.

Apart from that, the sea is their lobster...so to speak.
As usual, there's always an ignorant small minority who spoil it for everybody and cause problems - but hopefully we aint got anyone like that up here......
Nice to see that your tongue is firmly in your cheek again northner:lol: