PDA

View Full Version : ryanair

jim baxter
07-Jul-09, 16:51
heard on the radio this morning ryanair are offering free flights to people IF they would consider standing:eek: Last month it was coin operated toilet doors. Geeze think of the money they would save if the bought planes with no seats and standing room only, lots more passengers

The Angel Of Death
07-Jul-09, 16:54
Be interested to know what happens during take off and landing because when your seated you have to fasten your seat belt before during and just after take off / landing so and idea's how it works if you dont have one ?

Could be like a set of Jesus straps like you see on the bus / tube to hold onto ?

brandy
07-Jul-09, 17:31
im interested in the health and saftey side of this too
anyone have any links to more info?

EDDIE
07-Jul-09, 17:37
heard on the radio this morning ryanair are offering free flights to people IF they would consider standing:eek: Last month it was coin operated toilet doors. Geeze think of the money they would save if the bought planes with no seats and standing room only, lots more passengers

Cheap advertisiment stunt if u ask me and if there willing to let people stand and comprimise there safety in the event of an accident it doesnt say much for there safety standards.
I dont no about yous but if i paid for a seat on a plane i dont want someone standing up beside me or feel crammed its just stupid really

Kevin Milkins
07-Jul-09, 18:18
The bit I read in the paper was about putting in stools instead of seats.:eek:
Ryanair considers stools on flights - Grantham Journal (http://www.granthamjournal.co.uk/latest-national-news/Ryanair-considers-stools-on-flights.5432603.jp)

And if you want to part with a stool you have to pay a pound.:lol:

Kodiak
07-Jul-09, 18:24
They might be using those new Safty Harness's for passengers who stand. I believe you put it around your neck and it is known as a Noose and if there is a suden stop or accident passengers are all left Hanging. [lol]

joxville
07-Jul-09, 20:00
They are also considering introducing a Pay-As-You-Fly tariff, with coin-operated seats. Make sure to take a stack of £1 coins with you because once you are into foreign airspace you'll have to exchange your notes with the onboard Bureau De Change at whatever the exchange rate is at that moment in time. Also, should there be a need to use the oxygen masks then they will also be coin-operated at 10p per minute.

Haitch
08-Jul-09, 11:47
http://www.airportbiz.com/web/online/Top-News-Headlines/Ryanair-U-turn-cuts-last-link-with-Inverness-Airport/1$28757

Just seen that Ryanair are axing all ties with Inverness airport. last flight to East Midlands is on 16th July. All future bookings will be refunded.

Shame that as I was hoping they would be expanding in Inv :~(