PDA

View Full Version : Dunnet,Sutherland,thomson,oag from wick...sibster,hempriggs

Blossumendrot
07-Jul-09, 08:00
I would love to get in contact with anyone connected to these families my grandmother was louise jane dunnet daughter of Alexander william charles dunnet the factor at sibster house. Louise migrated to australia where she later married. He mother was Jane ann Ferrier and her grandmother was elizabeth sutherland mother of alexander william Charles dunnet:cool:

Elise Linney
12-Jul-09, 22:25
When I was at school in Thurso (in the 1950's) I remember asking my mother if the sisters, Anne and Sybil Dunnet, were the same Dunnets we were related to on my father's side of the house and mother's reply was that their father was the factor at Sibster and she thought they were from a different Dunnet family. My mother was friendly with the Anne and Sybil (who never married) and used to visit them sometimes. They lived together in Thurso and I think they are now deceased.
Anne was a domestic science teacher at Miller Academy and then later at Thurso High School and Sybil was a civil servant working for the Department of Agriculture. I don't know whether they had any other family but if they did I didn't hear of them.
Hope this is of interest to you, Blossummendrot.