PDA

View Full Version : how did u decide your user name

bobbyrussell09
07-Jul-09, 01:06
This thread has prob been done tonnes of times before but since ive never seen it does anyone want to share how they got there user name,Have saw some interesting names an just wonder wat the origin was

teenybash
07-Jul-09, 01:36
Being female some of the user names are really pretty making me wish mine wasn't the first one that jumped into my head.....mine is simply the name of an old pet ewe I have had for the past 10 years...............:)

Lolabelle
07-Jul-09, 07:47
I think I've seen this thread a time or two over the years, LOL, but mine was from my dogs name. Her name is Lola and sometimes when she's being sweet (not often) we call her Lolabelle. It was easy to remember so I used it.

Blossumendrot
07-Jul-09, 07:55
My username was a nickname my father gaev me when i was baout 16..I was growing tomatoes and the severe heat in sw nsw caused them to get a condition called "blossom end rot" my mum ever the pedant has pointed out that i spelled my nickname the wrong way!:roll:

arana negra
07-Jul-09, 08:01
I have not around on here long enough to have seen one these ( I don't think)

araņa negra is spanish for black spider, I had an avatar to go with it but it does not work here.

Lolabelle
07-Jul-09, 08:01
Hi Blossom, are you from Aus?
If so me too, I'm in the Hunter Valley NSW.

joxville
07-Jul-09, 08:33
I had the pleasure of meeting Neil Armstrong at a function a few years ago, he couldn't remember my name introducing me to someone so because I said I was from a small town in Scotland he called me Jocksville, I just changed it to using an 'X'.

Amy-Winehouse
07-Jul-09, 08:40
I wanted something different, Im thinking of changing mine to something like Engelbert Humperdink , Neil Diamond , Ian Paisley , The Pope , or just LSF. Amy-winehouse is a good singer but thats it.
then again I might not.

cazmanian_minx
07-Jul-09, 08:46
Years ago I was playing table tennis with a friend's 11-year-old son and because he was a huge fan of the Tazmanian Devil cartoons, every time we hit the ball we had to do a Taz impression. My real name's Caroline and at the time I had nearly waist-length brown hair, so he decided I was going to be the Cazmanian Devil. The Minx bit was bestowed on my by my ex-husband and sticking the two together made a unique user name that I could be pretty certain wouldn't be taken on any site I wanted to register on!

PantsMAN
07-Jul-09, 09:13
No-one else seemed to have claimed it and it was an obvious cracker!

tootler
07-Jul-09, 10:04
Called myself Tootler because tootling's what I do!;)

ShelleyCowie
07-Jul-09, 10:12
My username is a bit complicated!

It comes from a girl who was born in the late 1980's. She was born a god, and still is a god. She developed to be awsome! She is not vein, she just loves herself!

Or i could just say its my name! ;)

Kenneth
07-Jul-09, 10:13
theres actually a really interesting story behind mine...

ShelleyCowie
07-Jul-09, 10:18
theres actually a really interesting story behind mine...

Is the story kinda similar to mine by any chance? [lol]

Flashman
07-Jul-09, 11:32
Mines is from my favorite literary Anti-Hero Harry Flashman

He was created by George Macdonald Fraser who based him on the school bully Flashman from Tom Browns Schooldays. Macdonald Fraser writes of his life in the cavalry after being expelled from Rugby

He is an Anti-Hero in that he is a Coward, Cad and Lecher and looks after number 1 but is at the same time instantly likable.

Picked it as a user name as I like the character and it shows that we are all flawed and we all have our vices... no such thing as a pure hero.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Paget_Flashman

balto
07-Jul-09, 11:34
mine came from the kids film balto, as at the time of starting my account it was my eldest daughters favourite film.

celtic88chick
07-Jul-09, 16:34
I chose mine because i'm a celtic fan, was born in 1988 and i'm a female ;).

teddybear1873
07-Jul-09, 16:42

It comes from a girl who was born in the late 1980's. She was born a god, and still is a god. She developed to be awsome! She is not vein, she just loves herself!

Your a dachin lek your faither Shelley.

weeboyagee
07-Jul-09, 17:01
Och not again,...... right everyone,.....duck,........incoming! Whiiiizzzzzzz..................

David Banks
07-Jul-09, 20:58

Fatsa dachin ?

Vistravi
07-Jul-09, 22:11
Well my partner actually set up the account and the name he choose is his alias. if i could i'd change it to something else but that would mean deleting the account. And i do like the name.....its unique like him. ;)

ShelleyCowie
07-Jul-09, 22:57

Pot kettle black! ;) (just incase u wanted to moonpig a card to me its my bday next week)

Fatsa dachin ?

Me apparently! :lol: I have to let him off with sayin it, he is family!

bobbyrussell09
08-Jul-09, 00:00
got mine from a time when i went on a rangers bus an a guy spotted i had russell an number 9 on ma top,an he said bobby russell had number 8 on his top so ,ma mates over heard an the name stuck,the 09 is cause i couldnt get bobby russell9 on bebo so thats stuck to lol

sweetpea
08-Jul-09, 00:05
Well I was called a dachin too but I was also called sweetpea by an ex;)

bobbyrussell09
08-Jul-09, 00:17

u never let me down deary.good username tho

weeboyagee
08-Jul-09, 13:48
Here's one for a laugh - I picked my name because it's the opposite of the reality.

WBG :cool:

Tom Cornwall
08-Jul-09, 19:38
I always use my real name...can't see the point of hiding myself behind a nom de plume ...it makes no difference to me if I seem to be talking rubbish or something controversal.. it would make it that I was afraid of what I was saying

Cedric Farthsbottom III
08-Jul-09, 20:26
Frederick turned to me one day and said,"Yo and behold,from this day forth ye shall be called Cedric."
I got so excited over this that I let out an almighty fart.Frederick turned,holding his nose,and said,"Yo and behold,from this day forth a mighty farthsbottom ye shall be."
Now totally overcome by emotion,I farted another twice.Hence,Frederick,now looking greener than before,said,"Yo and behold from this day forth ye shall be called Cedric Farthsbottom III."

Voila.[lol][lol]

lister
08-Jul-09, 20:27
Mines is really quite obvious as its a favorite old T.V. show i used to like.
Now that i've read a few concepts behind the names there is something extra to consider now when posting with the names/faces we have in our minds,some comical and some deep, some incognito and some not,just like life.:eek:

George Brims
08-Jul-09, 20:29
I got mine from my mam and dad (and my late grandfather).

Kevin Milkins
08-Jul-09, 20:30
My mam and dad chose mine for me.;)

Vistravi
08-Jul-09, 20:53
Frederick turned to me one day and said,"Yo and behold,from this day forth ye shall be called Cedric."
I got so excited over this that I let out an almighty fart.Frederick turned,holding his nose,and said,"Yo and behold,from this day forth a mighty farthsbottom ye shall be."
Now totally overcome by emotion,I farted another twice.Hence,Frederick,now looking greener than before,said,"Yo and behold from this day forth ye shall be called Cedric Farthsbottom III."

Voila.[lol][lol]

LMAO cedric

joxville
08-Jul-09, 23:53
Here's one for a laugh - I picked my name because it's the opposite of the reality.

WBG :cool:

What, the reality being yer actually a beeg wummin? [lol]

Metalattakk
09-Jul-09, 00:08
What, the reality being yer actually a beeg wummin? [lol]

All hail beeglassagie!

Aaldtimer
09-Jul-09, 02:54
All hail beeglassagie!

Or maybe, biggirlsblouse!:)

horseman
09-Jul-09, 05:24
With me it was due to my daughter teaching me to ride at the age of 60!
I was so impressed with that,an the thrill has never left me:)

oldmarine
09-Jul-09, 07:55
I have stated this before on another thread but here goes again. I am an old marine (84 years of age) from the days of WW2 in the US Marines, thus the user name 'oldmarine.'

guitarzan
09-Jul-09, 08:22
I got my username because I like nothing better than sitting in the trees in a loin cloth playing the guitar