PDA

View Full Version : Why are some folk so stupid.

balto
06-Jul-09, 20:46
Took our 3 year old to the beach yesterday, like so many others as our eldest daughters were away and the youngest was at home, with our nephew, so we though we would give the 3 year old some time on his own with us, and as it was a lovely day we thought nothing better than the beach as he hadnt been paddling before, itook him in the water he was having such a good time in fact it was impossiable to get him out[lol], anyway after a while he agreed to go back and see his dad who was lounging in the sand. we were waliking up happily when he started crying, i though at the start he must have stood on a stone, but i looked back and saw a broken neck of a bottle, lifted him up the beach to his dad, who had a look at his foot, which was slit very deeply underneath at his toes, the amount of blood was terriable, a very nice young lady on the beach went to her car and got wipes and her 1st aid kit, but it was obvious that he was going to require hospital treatment. We got him up to the hospital where they stiched his foot, just glad it wasnt any worse.

So my message is to idiots who leave bottles and rubbish on the beach, WHY OH WHY DO YOU DO IT.
[disgust][disgust]

shazzap
06-Jul-09, 20:50
Some people just do not care. Hope the bain is ok.

telfordstar
06-Jul-09, 20:52
Omg balto what a shame. I'd of been like you totally fuming. I hope he is ok and this incident hasn't put him of going to the beach.

Tinkerbell09
06-Jul-09, 20:55
Ohhhh! Poor mannie, hope he's ok!

I seen it the other day too. The amount of bottles and cans were unreal. If me and my mates are out at the beach having a few, we always tidy up after ourselves. Not fair for people like yourself having children run around the beach with cans and broken bottles all over the place!

People should learn to tidy up after themselves!

balto
06-Jul-09, 21:08
Some people just do not care. Hope the bain is ok.he is not bad now he is just a typical 3 year old and cant stay of his feet.

Omg balto what a shame. I'd of been like you totally fuming. I hope he is ok and this incident hasn't put him of going to the beach.oh he has said already he isnt going to the beach ever again.

Ohhhh! Poor mannie, hope he's ok!

I seen it the other day too. The amount of bottles and cans were unreal. If me and my mates are out at the beach having a few, we always tidy up after ourselves. Not fair for people like yourself having children run around the beach with cans and broken bottles all over the place!

People should learn to tidy up after themselves!it is just thoughtless of the people who do things like that, the amount of kids and dogs that use that beach, wish everyone was like yourself and tidyed up.

milkman
06-Jul-09, 21:45
under age beach parties at the weekend probabaly the cause. nearly every weekend just now. the amount of alcohol there sometimes is unreel:(

Vistravi
06-Jul-09, 21:54
Aww no poor wee man :( hope its not giving him too much pain.

What inconsderate people do this? Do they care that someone anyone will stand on it when they throw away their bottles? [evil]

bobbyrussell09
07-Jul-09, 00:51
was at the beach on sunday an notice it was a poor state with all the rubbish left lying,how hard is it to carry a bag to put there rubbish in,surly the drink they got came in bags ,why not use that,or are they to thick.am going with the later

gollach
07-Jul-09, 01:26
Took the dog to the beach yesterday and lifted a big piece of broken glass bottle while I was looking for stones to throw for him. Took it home & put in the bin. I was also amazed at the number of lager and cider tins lying around.

Lolabelle
07-Jul-09, 07:52
That's awful, I'm always wary when I go to the beach for that reason. Also where I take my dogs. Some people are so thoughtless, and really it's just laziness. [evil]

ShelleyCowie
07-Jul-09, 10:19
Oh no!! I hope he is ok Balto!!!

Some people are so inconsiderate! (Big words from me this morn!)

Tell the wee one next time i see him he has to get a £1 cos i know that makes him feel better to get a sweetie! ;)

David Banks
07-Jul-09, 10:52
Why do some people spit chewing gum on to the sidewalk?
Why do some people toss sweetie wrappers or lighted fag ends out of their car window?

Why did so many people wish the wee fella a speedy and complete recovery?
Because you care. Thankyou Balto.

balto
07-Jul-09, 11:24
under age beach parties at the weekend probabaly the cause. nearly every weekend just now. the amount of alcohol there sometimes is unreel:(i have heard a few of these partys occuring at the weekend, shocking to think what could happen at a beach with you ones drinking.

was at the beach on sunday an notice it was a poor state with all the rubbish left lying,how hard is it to carry a bag to put there rubbish in,surly the drink they got came in bags ,why not use that,or are they to thick.am going with the laterthick, lazy totally inconsiderate, oh the list goes on.

Took the dog to the beach yesterday and lifted a big piece of broken glass bottle while I was looking for stones to throw for him. Took it home & put in the bin. I was also amazed at the number of lager and cider tins lying around.[/quotenot worth thinking about it if your dog stood on it.

[quote=Lolabelle;570411]That's awful, I'm always wary when I go to the beach for that reason. Also where I take my dogs. Some people are so thoughtless, and really it's just laziness. [evil]
tell you if i ever persude him to go agai i will be keeping a closer eye on where he is walking, thought i had but missed that bottle.

balto
07-Jul-09, 11:25
Aww no poor wee man :( hope its not giving him too much pain.

What inconsderate people do this? Do they care that someone anyone will stand on it when they throw away their bottles? [evil]

Oh no!! I hope he is ok Balto!!!

Some people are so inconsiderate! (Big words from me this morn!)

Tell the wee one next time i see him he has to get a £1 cos i know that makes him feel better to get a sweetie! ;)

Why do some people spit chewing gum on to the sidewalk?
Why do some people toss sweetie wrappers or lighted fag ends out of their car window?

Why did so many people wish the wee fella a speedy and complete recovery?
Because you care. Thankyou Balto.thanku to you all, for caring.

pat
07-Jul-09, 14:34
hope the little one gets over his injuries soon.

Live in Lewis and 50 yards from sea - weekends youngsters mainly come down to sitting area with carryouts of drink mainly.
There is a wheelie bin between the seating - less than 3 yards - but where do they throw their empties - on the beach and ensure they break too.
Every weekend my neighbours and I clean up all the broken glass and bottles - for the last few weeks I call the police when the youngsters gather in groups of more than six - the police do respond and the youngster clear away.
Last week was the first time there was only four young people there and no rubbish left, they will eventually learn.

Bookworm
07-Jul-09, 18:57
Whatever happened to the principle, if you bring it, take it with you when you go (applies to trash and doggy dirt too)!!

Highland lad
07-Jul-09, 19:45
Hope the little one is ok.

This is why I didn't let my kids go to the Beach when their School went.

Some people just do not think of other people that use the beach.

bish667
07-Jul-09, 19:51
When I was young i remember there was an advert on tv which had some kids playing on a beach and one of them cut their feet on glass. I really hated that advert.
Think it put me off sand and beaches for life.

cuddlepop
07-Jul-09, 19:55
Balto I'm so sorry your wee fella.s trip to the beach ended in such a tragic way.

I just cant believe how thoughtless people are.:mad:

NapalmDeath74
07-Jul-09, 21:59
Well many people in Caithness don't care for anything or anybody just themselves and how much money they can make, they don't even care for there heritage like old building etc , they don't even care for the Caithness environment, that's why so mush trash is lying around Caithness and that's why your son's foot was cut, that bottle was probably thrown in the sea by a mindless Caithness yob who thinks its funny doing something like that rather than throwing the bottle in the nearest bin. Any other county in the Highlands you don't see this mindless inbreeding mental deficiency what acceptable for some folk in Caithness, it just beggars belief some peoples behaviour in this county of Caithness, I'm not just talking about the locals, incomers as well, must be something in the water making people loopy.

bobbyrussell09
08-Jul-09, 00:25
im going to make masel sound older than i am, but i remember a time reiss was a nice clean beach(am only 26)

Aaldtimer
08-Jul-09, 03:18
Well many people in Caithness don't care for anything or anybody just themselves and how much money they can make, they don't even care for there heritage like old building etc , they don't even care for the Caithness environment, that's why so mush trash is lying around Caithness and that's why your son's foot was cut, that bottle was probably thrown in the sea by a mindless Caithness yob who thinks its funny doing something like that rather than throwing the bottle in the nearest bin. Any other county in the Highlands you don't see this mindless inbreeding mental deficiency what acceptable for some folk in Caithness, it just beggars belief some peoples behaviour in this county of Caithness, I'm not just talking about the locals, incomers as well, must be something in the water making people loopy.

What a load of crap! This has gone on for decades, as long as I've been alive anyway and that's over 60 years, and all over Scotland and England that I know of personally! There's always the ignorant lazy people who can't be bothered to remove their rubbish, the bottles get broken by whatever means and accidents happen...happened to me as a kid, happened to my kids...still happening and will continue to do so as long as there is stupid, lazy litterers around.
..."mindless inbreeding mental deficiency"... !
By Jove, you sound like a bloody moron to me! Rant over![disgust]

Tom Cornwall
08-Jul-09, 19:44
down here, some councils clean the beaches regularly, sometimes every day, because they rely on the tourist industry..perhaps caithness district council might consider something like that from time to time.... but then again...maybe they won't

gemma89
08-Jul-09, 20:01
down here, some councils clean the beaches regularly, sometimes every day, because they rely on the tourist industry..perhaps caithness district council might consider something like that from time to time.... but then again...maybe they won't

I agree, but instead of just the council.. what about some of the people doing community service.......

balto
08-Jul-09, 20:36
I agree, but instead of just the council.. what about some of the people doing community service.......
aye or all those long term unemployed, who cant be bothered getting of their bums to get a job, because being on benifits is so cushy, i understand there a plenty desperate to work but cant find work, but the ones out there who pop out kid after kid and expect the rest of us to pay for them.

NapalmDeath74
08-Jul-09, 21:40
What a load of crap! This has gone on for decades, as long as I've been alive anyway and that's over 60 years, and all over Scotland and England that I know of personally! There's always the ignorant lazy people who can't be bothered to remove their rubbish, the bottles get broken by whatever means and accidents happen...happened to me as a kid, happened to my kids...still happening and will continue to do so as long as there is stupid, lazy litterers around.

I'm going to rise above this insult and not rant back, I'am saying some home truths and you don't like it my friend.

NapalmDeath74
08-Jul-09, 21:46

I'm going to rise above this insult and not rant back, I'm telling some home truths and you don't like it my friend.

David Banks
09-Jul-09, 00:38

Like you Aaldtimer, I am over 60, but my memories are quite different.
I can recall many picnics on Dunnet beach, running like crazy on the hard sand and nestle-ing in the softer sand below the grasses for snacks. About halfway across the sands, one could see a hill of exposed sand from the road. We (my sister and me and any other kids along for the ride) would clamber up the wee hill and skid down the other side on our bottoms. What fun!
We never did stop to think about the harm we may have been doing to the dunes themselves - a bit thoughtless I admit.
I don't remember back then having any fear of glass underfoot.
Now, I completely spaz-out if a glass gets broken in the house. I sweep and re-sweep, and then try reassembling the broken item from the parts to help make sure I did not miss anything.
Analyse that!

Nivelo
09-Jul-09, 02:57
I'm glad I found this post. I am actually planning a bbq with some friends next month on the beach and was quite shocked to hear about the rubbish and what happened to the poor wee lad. Quite disgusting how people can leave it in such a state for others.
Myself and a few others are going out a couple days before hand to clear up an area of the beach of rubbish so that it's safe for when we go out.
Will be taking extra black bags with us to make sure everything we bring is taken back away.
Does anyone know if there's many bins around there or larger wheelie bins around for disposing rubbish?
Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Aaldtimer
09-Jul-09, 03:01
I'm going to rise above this insult and not rant back, I'am saying some home truths and you don't like it my friend.

First of all ND74 you are not my friend if you think you can insult the people of Caithness with your inane witterings!
Grow up and get some experience of what goes on in the rest of the world![disgust]

Aaldtimer
09-Jul-09, 03:05
Like you Aaldtimer, I am over 60, but my memories are quite different.
I can recall many picnics on Dunnet beach, running like crazy on the hard sand and nestle-ing in the softer sand below the grasses for snacks. About halfway across the sands, one could see a hill of exposed sand from the road. We (my sister and me and any other kids along for the ride) would clamber up the wee hill and skid down the other side on our bottoms. What fun!
We never did stop to think about the harm we may have been doing to the dunes themselves - a bit thoughtless I admit.
I don't remember back then having any fear of glass underfoot.
Now, I completely spaz-out if a glass gets broken in the house. I sweep and re-sweep, and then try reassembling the broken item from the parts to help make sure I did not miss anything.
Analyse that!

Well David, I've experienced a bit more beaches than you maybe...it's a common problem!
In the house is a completely different situ! I'm the same as you with regards to that, what with a wee Westie on the go and a Grandaughter who likes to shuck her shoes off!

oldmarine
09-Jul-09, 08:25
This thread caught my eye. I will be 84 years old next month and I know about broken glass in a stream bed. When I was a youngster I was walking on stepping stones barefoot across a stream bed and slipped off a rock onto a broken bottle and sliced off half my little toe. A kind gentlemen drove me to an emergency center where they stopped the bleeding and patched up my toe. He then drove me home. My mother thanked him for his kindness. I doubt that I will ever forget it such as when reading this thread. We as adults can help by not placing or throwing glass where youngsters can step on it.

pat
09-Jul-09, 18:18
From the Isle of Lewis

Yesterday I wrote about the youngsters using the seating area near me for weekend drinking and bottle throwing bouts - well no more - someone came and smashed the benches, tables and wheelie bin.
One more thing for the locals who live here and use the beach, tables and seating to try yet again to replace - police have been down.

Wish the people concerned with doing the damage the health and strength never to require a seat as they get older and more infirm and hope they always remember their inane acts of destruction.

What kind of morons do this damage?

Serenity
09-Jul-09, 18:59
aye or all those long term unemployed, who cant be bothered getting of their bums to get a job, because being on benifits is so cushy, i understand there a plenty desperate to work but cant find work, but the ones out there who pop out kid after kid and expect the rest of us to pay for them.

Hear hear, and this is coming from someone who had unfortunately found herself unemployed in the past few weeks. Trying all I can to get a job though and no kids popped out yet (and actually wouldn't think about it when on benefits). But hey veering off topic here(could go on a giant rant eg.I asked the job centre what do I do if I find a job - answer "phone us and we will tell you if you are better off accepting it or staying on benefits" what?!?!?Insane).
Hope your kids foot gets better quick and its not scared them off. We have some of the best beaches in the UK here we should do more to keep them nice (eg no sewage works near). Also I remember even in the last few years there were organised litter collections which were very popular and succesful. I don't know if there have been any this year? And maybe they should be arranged more often.

balto
09-Jul-09, 20:40
Hear hear, and this is coming from someone who had unfortunately found herself unemployed in the past few weeks. Trying all I can to get a job though and no kids popped out yet (and actually wouldn't think about it when on benefits). But hey veering off topic here(could go on a giant rant eg.I asked the job centre what do I do if I find a job - answer "phone us and we will tell you if you are better off accepting it or staying on benefits" what?!?!?Insane).
Hope your kids foot gets better quick and its not scared them off. We have some of the best beaches in the UK here we should do more to keep them nice (eg no sewage works near). Also I remember even in the last few years there were organised litter collections which were very popular and succesful. I don't know if there have been any this year? And maybe they should be arranged more often.
sorry to hear about your work situation, i found myself in the same situation when woolies went under at the end of last year, but i have been lucky enough to get work, just about to start another job on sunday, for another well known supermarket. goodluck for the future.

georgegwf
09-Jul-09, 20:47
Not so long ago i tackled a youth about him and his mates having great fun smashing empty beer bottles on the rocks below steps on Thurso beach. Nothing but abuse from him and his neandrathal friends, Which in turn one of them decided it would be fun to throw a bottle at me and the dog. Oddly enough i took exception to this and gave him and two of his mates a small piece of my mind and large portion of my fist. I know i shouldn't have done it but i did. Why did i do it probably because i am sick and tired of these yobbo's thinking they are untouchable. The police wont or cant do anything, Except to me I was charged with assault and breach of the peace...........................[disgust]

balto
09-Jul-09, 21:08
Not so long ago i tackled a youth about him and his mates having great fun smashing empty beer bottles on the rocks below steps on Thurso beach. Nothing but abuse from him and his neandrathal friends, Which in turn one of them decided it would be fun to throw a bottle at me and the dog. Oddly enough i took exception to this and gave him and two of his mates a small piece of my mind and large portion of my fist. I know i shouldn't have done it but i did. Why did i do it probably because i am sick and tired of these yobbo's thinking they are untouchable. The police wont or cant do anything, Except to me I was charged with assault and breach of the peace...........................[disgust]
that is terriable, the police should have dealt with these louts before they had a go at you, thats the problem is there is no discapline anymore, which in turn equals NO RESPECT FROM THESE IDIOTS. well done you for standing up for what you believe.

suzanne
09-Jul-09, 22:26
employees of subsea 7 have done beach cleans of the beach since about 2007 and are due to do an other one soon to try and keep the standard as best as possible. glad bairn is feeling better.

georgegwf
20-Jul-09, 19:59
Home from work today letter from procurator fiscal they have decided not to pursue a conviction ..............