PDA

View Full Version : Baking Tray Staining

Rheghead
19-Mar-06, 22:53
Has anyone got any advice on removing the baked-on brown stains easily that gets on baking trays and pyrex dishware?

Elbow grease and a Brillo don't seem to cut it. [lol]

Thanks in advance.:D

star
19-Mar-06, 22:54
washing powder and boiling hot water usually does the trick, steep it over night and give it a good scrub in the morning.

Saveman
19-Mar-06, 22:55
Brillo pad and vinegar

footie chick
19-Mar-06, 22:57
Ovenpride the oven cleaner put it in bag provided little drop o cleaner leave overnight rinse spotless no hard work involved

Buttercup
19-Mar-06, 22:59
Has anyone got any advice on removing the baked-on brown stains easily that gets on baking trays and pyrex dishware?

Elbow grease and a Brillo don't seem to cut it. [lol]

Thanks in advance.:D
Have you tried that new(ish) Fairy Power Spray? Or try steeping it in a strong solution of Washing Soda overnight - though not aluminium! Hope this helps!

erli
19-Mar-06, 23:08
I watched 'How Clean is Your House' a while back and remember them pouring Coke in a pan and heating it on the hob. I just needed a wee scub then.
If you try it, let me know if it works.:D

angela5
19-Mar-06, 23:14
washing powder and boiling hot water usually does the trick, steep it over night and give it a good scrub in the morning.

That does the trick star with my baking trays and pyrex dishes..:grin:

unicorn
19-Mar-06, 23:16
I don't know if you can still buy tubs of astonish cream but that stuff was brilliant, it would clean anything effortlessly.

angela5
19-Mar-06, 23:18
I don't know if you can still buy tubs of astonish cream but that stuff was brilliant, it would clean anything effortlessly.

I've never heard of that unicorn.....hmmm! what about a tub of vanish[lol] [lol]

connieb19
19-Mar-06, 23:18
I don't know if you can still buy tubs of astonish cream but that stuff was brilliant, it would clean anything effortlessly.Thats right unicorn, I used to buy it off someone who used to come round the doors. Don't know if you get it anymore.:grin:

angela5
19-Mar-06, 23:19
Thats right unicorn, I used to buy it off someone who used to come round the doors. Don't know if you get it anymore.:grin:

Did you connie...was it out of those cleaneze books?

connieb19
19-Mar-06, 23:21
Did you connie...was it out of those cleaneze books?no..it was someone woo used to come to the door and he would have a big holdall with dusters and clothes pegs and cleaning stuff. Havn't had them at the door in long enough though. The astonish was great stuff.:grin:

Buttercup
19-Mar-06, 23:24
Last time I bought a tub of Astonish it was from Whatsits in the arcade, but also saw it in Souter's.

connieb19
19-Mar-06, 23:26
Last time I bought a tub of Astonish it was from Whatsits in the arcade, but also saw it in Souter's.I'll have a look in Souters tomorrow to see if I can get some.:grin:

ice box
19-Mar-06, 23:26
bicarbonate soda and viniger it works like an acid that should shift it if not time to get a new one lol

angela5
19-Mar-06, 23:29
bicarbonate soda and viniger it works like an acid that should shift it if not time to get a new one lol

Kim and Aggie from 'how clean is your house' swears by it..they use that for everything....it's worth a try rheghead..:o)

unicorn
19-Mar-06, 23:29
Thats who I bought mine from too!! I just found some on ebay also! If hubby must buy from ebay he may as well buy something useful lol

connieb19
19-Mar-06, 23:31
Thats who I bought mine from too!! I just found some on ebay also! If hubby must buy from ebay he may as well buy something useful lolJust make sure he uses it too..lol;)

angela5
19-Mar-06, 23:33
Thats who I bought mine from too!! I just found some on ebay also! If hubby must buy from ebay he may as well buy something useful lol

unicorn i would keep the tub for yourself and when hubby does the trays just pass him a bottle of savers washing up liquid....a little elbow crease won't harm him....[lol]

Buttercup
19-Mar-06, 23:35
Last time I bought a tub of Astonish it was from Whatsits in the arcade, but also saw it in Souter's.
Lakelandlimited.co.uk still sell it £1.50 for a 500gm tub.

Rheghead
19-Mar-06, 23:35
Thanks for all the advice!! :)

I will try them in washing powder and hotwater first as I know I've got washing powder. The other methods sound great also.:D

unicorn
19-Mar-06, 23:36
Nooo If you want cleaning done right do it yourself!!!!!!! Hubby does the useful stuff like building rabbit hutches and driving me around!! :)