PDA

View Full Version : Its a sad sight.

cuddlepop
06-Jul-09, 16:41
This really is a recession.

Never really doubted it but just hadnt witnessed the impact of all those companys going bust.Skye hasnt had the shops closing or company.s going bust so it was really weird walking round Braehead and seeing so many closed shops and few people.Went down the coast via the back roads and most of the wee villages are like ghost towns.:~(

Indian Restaurant was empty Friday night but busy with takeaways.The park although busy had a few people going out on the wee rowing boats,£2.5o for twenty minutes.£3.50 for the pedallo.£2.90 for two wippy 99 cones.People just havent the disposable income and you can se it here.

The city feels sad,if you know what I mean.....:(:confused

Whats it like with you?

Lolabelle
07-Jul-09, 08:31
Over here it seems that the electrical stores and car sales are putting on some amazing sale prices trying to promote some spending. I work from home and have been busy so unfortunately haven't seen much else.

PantsMAN
07-Jul-09, 09:14
Don't be fooled by the items in the news saying the recession is over - for us ordinary fowk it will get worse yet I'm sure.

Still, there is always someone else worse off.

ShelleyCowie
07-Jul-09, 10:31

Never really doubted it but just hadnt witnessed the impact of all those companys going bust.Skye hasnt had the shops closing or company.s going bust so it was really weird walking round Braehead and seeing so many closed shops and few people.Went down the coast via the back roads and most of the wee villages are like ghost towns.:~(

Indian Restaurant was empty Friday night but busy with takeaways.The park although busy had a few people going out on the wee rowing boats,£2.5o for twenty minutes.£3.50 for the pedallo.£2.90 for two wippy 99 cones.People just havent the disposable income and you can se it here.

The city feels sad,if you know what I mean.....:(:confused

Whats it like with you?

I hope its not the same in Portree! I remember portree from last year and the whole place was booming with tourists. Unable to move in the shops they were so busy!

I look forward to going this week!

SKC01
12-Jul-09, 16:12

The city feels sad,if you know what I mean.....:(

Whats it like with you?

I can see Thurso heading the same way-shops have closed and remained empty, parks are being dismantled without anything being replaced and Thurso beach at times looks like a rubbish dump, not to mention the dog poo bins that rarely get emptied. And know are Indian seems to have shut down. They may say that cuts need to be made in public services, but you can take it to far so that somewhere starts to become undisirable to live.:(