PDA

View Full Version : the chat room

Fluff
19-Mar-06, 22:35
hello
not sure if this is the correct place to post, but this is for the attention of bill i think.
basically, the chat room is rubbish.

the more people are in, the slower it is.
on the quiz on sunday, alot of people get the question and other peoples answers before they see it! it is really ruining it.

there are better chat rooms out there, can we please have one??

thanks

Moira
19-Mar-06, 22:49
I know Niall is updating/improving a lot of the site features by his earlier posts today. Maybe the Chatroom is going to be next on the list. I hope so - the quiznight is attracting up to 20 contestants most nights & it is extremely slow.

Oh - and BTW Bill or Niall - can we also have a few more chairs/couches in there too - sometimes it's a bit of a crush with the existing furniture ;)

connieb19
19-Mar-06, 22:54
I know Niall is updating/improving a lot of the site features by his earlier posts today. Maybe the Chatroom is going to be next on the list. I hope so - the quiznight is attracting up to 20 contestants most nights & it is extremely slow.

Oh - and BTW Bill or Niall - can we also have a few more chairs/couches in there too - sometimes it's a bit of a crush with the existing furniture ;)nooooooo moira...I like having to squeeze in. I usually try to edge in somewhere between Golach and Graham...lol :evil BTW, oh it is a bit slow too!!

angela5
20-Mar-06, 00:10
Tonight was only my 2nd night and it is frustrating to see the question and about 5 answers come up...i'm delighted with the seating though it makes it more fun being all squashed together...i would like to ask for a bottle of champagne to be left on the table for after the quiz...

canuck
21-Mar-06, 03:49
nooooooo moira...I like having to squeeze in. I usually try to edge in somewhere between Golach and Graham...lol :evil BTW, oh it is a bit slow too!!

Connie mentions squeezing in between Golach and Graham. Was Graham at the quiz on Sunday? He is too junior to get onto the published members list. How does one contact him?

Moderators, I am adding my support to the members of the quiz team. I was not at the quiz on March 19, but I have had some slow nights (well, for me, afternoons) over the previous weeks. I cannot say too much as it might easily be that my problem is distance from the server.

Now, if we could only get the fitness club to be as popular as the quiz has become.

Niall Fernie
21-Mar-06, 10:48
Yes, the chatroom IS rubbish, we know that. Its an old system and unlike the forum systems we've been using its not been updated since we installed it ages ago.

I've been looking for an alternative, one that bolts onto the forum, so that everyone who is registered here can automatically use the chatroom (will stop the "I've registered for the forum and cant get into the chatroom" emails that I get). Its looking like a system called flash chat is going to be the one.

Its been on my to-do list for ages and will hopefully get to the top in the next month or so.

canuck
23-Mar-06, 15:03
I've been looking for an alternative, one that bolts onto the forum, so that everyone who is registered here can automatically use the chatroom (will stop the "I've registered for the forum and cant get into the chatroom" emails that I get). Its looking like a system called flash chat is going to be the one.

Its been on my to-do list for ages and will hopefully get to the top in the next month or so.

Thanks for your update and all the work you do to keep us smiling and get us there again when things fall apart for us. :grin: Sorry that we are such pests sometimes.

Moira
23-Mar-06, 21:56
Thanks for this Niall - I thought it would be on your list of things to do.

I was overruled on my request for the new chairs/couches - so please disregard this. The new "flash chat" will be just fine ;)