PDA

View Full Version : Bettyhill Lochan

Mystical Potato Head
05-Jul-09, 22:48
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/sat5_photos/BettyhillLochan.jpg

So much better viewed big on black http://bighugelabs.com/onblack.php?id=3691027283&size=large

Soulsurf
05-Jul-09, 22:50
Nice pic..

Kenn
06-Jul-09, 09:46
Had to chuckle, have an almost identical picture in my library.
It's always a great place for a photo shoot.

Mystical Potato Head
06-Jul-09, 22:02
I think this is Loch Salachaidh,its the only one i can see on the map that is beside the road just before you go down the hill towards Bettyhill,its just before the turn off to the Bettyhill landfill site roadsign.
Can anyone who knows the area please let me know if thats right or not.

ClachanHope
07-Jul-09, 21:30
I think this is Loch Salachaidh,its the only one i can see on the map that is beside the road just before you go down the hill towards Bettyhill,its just before the turn off to the Bettyhill landfill site roadsign.
Can anyone who knows the area please let me know if thats right or not.

This Loch is also known locally as The Dirty Loch. Swans used to come to that loch every year to breed and hatch out their sygnets, until one year, some horrible, people came and shot them. It was obviously the same swans that came every year, as after the shooting, they never returned. Very sad thing to happen.

Fran
09-Jul-09, 00:27
Lovely picture. When I was a child the single track road was very near and always under water. I can still hear my father say "lift your feet" when we drove over!!!

sassylass
09-Jul-09, 16:30
Had to chuckle, have an almost identical picture in my library.
It's always a great place for a photo shoot.

You have photos shoots in your library? ;)

sassylass
09-Jul-09, 16:46
The black background sets off that photo nicely.

In the middle of the water, between the rocks and the reeds, there is a small dark 'something'. Any idea what it is...ripple? fish? or?

Mystical Potato Head
10-Jul-09, 00:17
The black background sets off that photo nicely.

In the middle of the water, between the rocks and the reeds, there is a small dark 'something'. Any idea what it is...ripple? fish? or?

Had a zoom in and it looks like the tip of a boulder/rock.