PDA

View Full Version : Westie Pup

superceltic
05-Jul-09, 19:08
Am looking to buy westie pup, does anyone know of any breeders locally or within highlands

froal
05-Jul-09, 22:57
why don't you try the kennel club or the Scottish kennel club for a list of breeders or try in the pets section here :D

miller30
06-Jul-09, 11:07
hi,

i just got my scottie dog from aberdeen but she will meet in elgin, this lady also breeds westies, i could give you the number if you want, but as i said she is not in the highlands im afraid.

labsrus
06-Jul-09, 12:47
I would say beware people who will deliver / bring pups to a place away from their home, alarm bells start ringing "puppy farmer" to me. I used to breed and would never take a pup for someone to see or buy, they come to me to be interviewed (interogated!) to see if they are suitable owners.

If the person is not willing to travel to meet me and pups than they can foget it. I have sold pups from Sussex to Shetland so people are prepared to travel for the right breeder and right pup.

Also quite a few puppy farmers have more than one breed, whatever tends to be in fashion they have in stock. Are they from Aberdeenshire by any chance as there are one or two seriously dodgy puppy farmers in that area so please be vary careful, do your homework and dont support these people as it only keeps them going and the poor bitches are used season after season until they are no use then disposed of. Sad but true.

teenybash
06-Jul-09, 14:59
Am looking to buy westie pup, does anyone know of any breeders locally or within highlands

Why not contact the local vet who might be able to point you in the right direction...................01955 60 2088

butterfly
06-Jul-09, 21:45
I would say beware people who will deliver / bring pups to a place away from their home, alarm bells start ringing "puppy farmer" to me. I used to breed and would never take a pup for someone to see or buy, they come to me to be interviewed (interogated!) to see if they are suitable owners.

If the person is not willing to travel to meet me and pups than they can foget it. I have sold pups from Sussex to Shetland so people are prepared to travel for the right breeder and right pup.

Also quite a few puppy farmers have more than one breed, whatever tends to be in fashion they have in stock. Are they from Aberdeenshire by any chance as there are one or two seriously dodgy puppy farmers in that area so please be vary careful, do your homework and dont support these people as it only keeps them going and the poor bitches are used season after season until they are no use then disposed of. Sad but true.

Agree,i would be very wary.Our breeder interrogated us with questions before she handed over the pup but that gave us more confidence in her too.