PDA

View Full Version : Dec 23 - 2012 The end of the World Film

Flashman
04-Jul-09, 12:17
Anyone heard of this film coming out later this year?

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LxTEIhu_UY and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz86TsGx3fc&NR=1

It's basically just another standars Emmirech disaster movie but my friend is nuts about the 2012 doomsday prediction, it is based on the Mayan calender which states that the final age of man is due to end on december the 23rd 2012

Which maybe makes this more intresting than say the 2000 doomsday which was set to a very manufactured calender and a quite new religion is that the Mayans are argubly the best astronomers in human history.

They were able to predict solar eclipses and alignments of planets thousands of years before they occured.

Personally I dont think anything will happen, it is just one of many doomsday dates banded about but the trailer is intresting because I guess at some point in earths history that scene with the ocean flushing over mountains will be a reality.

Connor.
04-Jul-09, 17:29
It's never going to happen.

There is always some sort of "End of the World" scenario somewhere, be it: Asteroids,Floods,Freak Storms, Implosion, Explosion....

The film looks not bad, well the trailer seemed quite interesting(dunno if there is a newer one out since i last seen it) but it was quite a short trailer but really did set you up for what was in store. I'm defo gonna watch it - whether i'll like it or not is a different story.

Flashman
04-Jul-09, 20:03
It's never going to happen.

There is always some sort of "End of the World" scenario somewhere, be it: Asteroids,Floods,Freak Storms, Implosion, Explosion....

The film looks not bad, well the trailer seemed quite interesting(dunno if there is a newer one out since i last seen it) but it was quite a short trailer but really did set you up for what was in store. I'm defo gonna watch it - whether i'll like it or not is a different story.

Yeah I agree on the "end of the world part" although it does make for intresting reading.

Yeah the 2nd link I posted has the longer trailer.

teddybear1873
04-Jul-09, 20:30
A typical Roland Emmerich film. Too heavily on visual effects and the dialogue terrible.

butchergav
07-Jul-09, 19:07
A typical Roland Emmerich film. Too heavily on visual effects and the dialogue terrible.

Wow all that from a trailer :confused