PDA

View Full Version : Quiz 19th March

lasher
18-Mar-06, 22:09
I am supposed to be doing the Quiz 2morrow nite but something has come up and i can't do it, anyone want to do it instead?

Cheers

angela5
19-Mar-06, 01:43
I am supposed to be doing the Quiz 2morrow nite but something has come up and i can't do it, anyone want to do it instead?

Cheers

Sorry to hear that i was looking forward to the quiz..
any takers on this offer?

Moira
19-Mar-06, 03:02
Angela - Can you remember - Was it Krieve that missed out on the tie-breaker due to an administrative error" ?
Do you want to step in here, Krieve?
I would have done it, if I could rely on my BB connection to keep up - that's my excuse for not winning every week, anyway! :)

angela5
19-Mar-06, 03:10
Angela - Can you remember - Was it Krieve that missed out on the tie-breaker due to an administrative error" ?
Do you want to step in here, Krieve?
I would have done it, if I could rely on my BB connection to keep up - that's my excuse for not winning every week, anyway! :)

I don't think it was krieve..i really can't remember who the other person was that tied with lasher...erli rings a bell i maybe wrong..my computer went all wonky just at the end of the quiz and when i got back in it was all over...

Moira
19-Mar-06, 03:25
From memory (blonde & senior - lethal combination!) two folk tied on points & played off in the tie-break - Lasher won. BUT someone else was overlooked - they had scored the same amount of points as the tie-breakers but were "missed out" totally somehow. Was this Erli then?

Now I am beginning to wonder was I at the quiz last week - you did see me there - didn't you? Did I not pour you a glass of wine? :)

connieb19
19-Mar-06, 11:53
I think it was star who was in the tiebreaker with lasher!! :D

star
19-Mar-06, 11:58
yep I was in the tie breaker with lasher and failed miserably he he, but I'm sure erli had the same points as us but never got a chance in the tie breaker.

I can host the quiz tho if erli isn't up for it?????

connieb19
19-Mar-06, 12:02
yep I was in the tie breaker with lasher and failed miserably he he, but I'm sure erli had the same points as us but never got a chance in the tie breaker.

I can host the quiz tho if erli isn't up for it?????Good on you star... Go for it. Don't make the questions too hard though!!..lol:)

Moira
19-Mar-06, 13:19
Ah- so my memory was right on the details & wrong on the names :o
Glad you're willing to host the Quiz, Star. See you all tonight. :grin:

erli
19-Mar-06, 15:39

I can host the quiz tho if erli isn't up for it?????

You go for it, go easy on us though.:grin:

star
19-Mar-06, 15:58
Oh well see you all at 8.30 then, never done this before so you'll have to excuse me if there's a few hiccups.

star
19-Mar-06, 15:59
Oh well see you all at 8.30 then, never done this before so you'll have to excuse me if there's a few hiccups.

star
19-Mar-06, 16:00

angela5
19-Mar-06, 16:22
well i'm looking forward to the quiz star..easy questions now:lol: i'll go dig my best frock out..

golach
19-Mar-06, 16:59
From memory (blonde & senior - lethal combination!)
Now I am beginning to wonder was I at the quiz last week - you did see me there - didn't you? Did I not pour you a glass of wine? :)
How many glasses of wine did you have last week Moira?
And from your description you have posted i.e. a mature blonde ( dizzy) your admission. I am glad I never took you up on your offer to join you and the Witches 'o Kaitness on their annual bus trip. Thanks for warning me
Star we will all help, just watch that Acameron

star
19-Mar-06, 17:04
Thank you Golach always the gentleman. I've got Acameron sussed he he

angela5
19-Mar-06, 23:03
well done star....that was a good quiz..:grin:

acameron
19-Mar-06, 23:31
"....watch that Acameron"

Comn now, all my objections are justified and I was pretty quiet this week, basically because I missed half the quiz.
Anyways, I might take it on one week. All depends if it lands on a poker night.

well done Star on a grand quiz

"You Can Lead a Horse to Water, but a Pencil is always lead"

canuck
20-Mar-06, 03:21
"....watch that Acameron"

well done Star on a grand quiz

"You Can Lead a Horse to Water, but a Pencil is always lead"

So, who was there, how did everyone behave, was it good wine, how was the tea (I've been drinking American tea for 3 days), any birthdays and oh yes, who won?

erli
20-Mar-06, 12:05
Hi canuck, missed you last night.
18 folkies there for the quiz, it was very good.
Golach won (again).

golach
20-Mar-06, 12:23
Hi canuck, missed you last night.
18 folkies there for the quiz, it was very good.
Golach won (again).
Now now, no bitterness please, I queried the result with Star I thought you had won.
But I agree it was a good night ty again Star

Moira
21-Mar-06, 00:40
So, who was there, how did everyone behave, was it good wine, how was the tea (I've been drinking American tea for 3 days), any birthdays and oh yes, who won?

Another good quiz. ACameron enjoyed his birthday cake so much last week, he was hinting for another one ;) The connections were pretty slow so we posted on the "Technical" forum to see if Niall can do anything about it. Golach didn't have any problems with his connection or his answers so he's Quizzy next week again - well done G! I may be travelling next Sunday - depends on weather - but I hope you all have a fun night anyway. Looks as if Connie won't be there - if her ban is for a week :cry:

angela5
21-Mar-06, 08:52
Another good quiz. ACameron enjoyed his birthday cake so much last week, he was hinting for another one ;) The connections were pretty slow so we posted on the "Technical" forum to see if Niall can do anything about it. Golach didn't have any problems with his connection or his answers so he's Quizzy next week again - well done G! I may be travelling next Sunday - depends on weather - but I hope you all have a fun night anyway. Looks as if Connie won't be there - if her ban is for a week :cry:

Yes..well done golach i look forward to the quiz...connie may well be there she can get into the chatrooms..:)