PDA

View Full Version : do you live in the broadhaven area of wick? and have been suffering the smell

lynne duncan
03-Jul-09, 20:24
do you live in the broadhaven area of wick?
we do and for the most of this week (and it has been the most wonderful week, weather wise) we have had to suffer the most dreadful smell emanating from the waste water treatment plant (otherwise the sewerage plant).
if anyone else has been suffering this smell, please would you phone the scottish water helpline 08456018855 and report it as a Odour Complaint, it doesnt take 2mins to report it, but scottish water will not be able to allocate funds towards this problem until they get more complaints, even though they know there is a problem, again the more folk that voice complaints about this the better.
and then one more phone call to Enviromental Health based in wick council office (wick 607773) and again report it to them, they are also keeping a record of all the people suffering because of this stench.

the Odour complaint is along the same lines as a noise complaint.
even if you are walking past the plant and you find the smell o be too offensive then you can still report it as the smell should be contained within the plant!!

Amy-Winehouse
03-Jul-09, 20:36
I walked past it tonight & I didnt smell anything bad at all- maybe this was an exception?

dx100uk
03-Jul-09, 22:13
might just be the hot weather too!:roll:

dx

lynne duncan
04-Jul-09, 10:22
i am sure the weather has a large part to it beong so offensive this week but the problem has always been there since the plant was built
this post was to help make folk living here - of the ways o complain about the smell if it was offending them

amy winehouse, glad it didn't spoil your walk as it is a brilliant path

miller30
04-Jul-09, 10:27
the smell is there a lot, i drive in past that way everyday and can get the whiff of it, feel sorry for those living in the area, especially on nice days when you want to sit out and get the washing done, :~(

i am sure the weather has a large part to it beong so offensive this week but the problem has always been there since the plant was built
this post was to help make folk living here - of the ways o complain about the smell if it was offending them

amy winehouse, glad it didn't spoil your walk as it is a brilliant path

daviddd
04-Jul-09, 12:51
It's probably the recent SE/E wind that is blowing it onshore - a SW/W is more common here - but that's little consolation to local residents I know. My current olfactory problem is high pollen from the silage cutting that's on the go; can't stop sneezing and scratching!