PDA

View Full Version : Telling it like it is?

cuddlepop
03-Jul-09, 14:58
Are you someone who tells it like it is or are you more diplomatic.?

I've been told I've got "foot in mouth" disease as I just cant "be nice" when the truth as horrible as it may seem has to be told.

My daughter's now X bofriend was a complete you know what and I've told her so on o many occasions but she was having none of it.
Now this ..... has dumped her by msn,how lovely is that..not.

Heading down to Glasgow tonight after Oh finished work to pick up the peices.Have promised myself I will not say
"i told you so?":roll:

joxville
03-Jul-09, 15:08
Why do you post every trial, tribulation and drama to befall you & your family on here? I think we all know you like a sibling now! ;)

cuddlepop
03-Jul-09, 15:10
Why do you post every trial, tribulation and drama to befall you & your family on here? I think we all know you like a sibling now! ;)

Know If I was to post everything that happened in my life on this board they'd be no room for anyone else to start a thread.:roll:

I take it you tell it like it is too.:lol:

joxville
03-Jul-09, 15:15
Sometimes I have to remove a foot from my mouth so the other can get in. :D

bettedaviseyes
03-Jul-09, 15:18
am sure a would go all the way to glasgow to cheer her up is she not big enough to except what has happened and move on without mummy or daddy doing for her:roll:

cuddlepop
03-Jul-09, 15:21
am sure a would go all the way to glasgow to cheer her up is she not big enough to except what has happened and move on without mummy or daddy doing for her:roll:

She's 20 and this is the first summer she hasnt come home.
Think its just been terrible timing on the x's part as she was already homesick.:(

Gives me an excuse though to hit the shops in Glasgow.:D

Anne x
03-Jul-09, 15:25
Children are never to old for a parent to pick up the pieces from any kind of heartbreak or heartache I hope I will always have the ability to do just that

Not sure I tell it like it is all the time , thats when I am not putting my foot in it bigtime

teenybash
03-Jul-09, 15:25
She's 20 and this is the first summer she hasnt come home.
Think its just been terrible timing on the x's part as she was already homesick.:(

Gives me an excuse though to hit the shops in Glasgow.:D

You go girl and hit those shops big time!!!!!!Give your daughter a cuddle from Teeny and tell her this...''men are like buses, there's always another coming along that will take her to a new destination'' ;)

Serenity
03-Jul-09, 15:26
I think you just did say "I told you so".

cuddlepop
03-Jul-09, 15:34
I think you just did say "I told you so".

I did I know its brilliant as she doesnt log on here so I can vent my

"Na na ne na na told you so.:lol:"

Teeny, have set myself a stict budget but I've been warned the shops are pratically giving the clothes away.

I'll buy you an icecream when I'm down at Largs,Nardines has recently reopened,yum,yum yum.:D

silverfox57
03-Jul-09, 16:47
Are you someone who tells it like it is or are you more diplomatic.?

I've been told I've got "foot in mouth" disease as I just cant "be nice" when the truth as horrible as it may seem has to be told.

My daughter's now X bofriend was a complete you know what and I've told her so on o many occasions but she was having none of it.

Heading down to Glasgow tonight after Oh finished work to pick up the peices.Have promised myself I will not say
"i told you so?":roll:
cuddlepop have been there,if i told it like it was, would be banned of here,least said the better ,for a peaceful life,oh kepts me it check,

Invisible
03-Jul-09, 16:47
I think its much better to tell it like it is other than using white lies.

When I play my accordion for an audience, I dont really like it if someone tells me ive played well when A. I made loads of mistakes and B. can play miles better.

Saying I told you so is perhaps not so sympathetic but shows you had the best intentions for your daughter, well thats my opinion.

cuddlepop
03-Jul-09, 16:49
I can smell a bad one a mile away as I've meet my share.:Razz

lister
03-Jul-09, 17:38
It seems ok for some to tell it how it is but it can hurt,even if the intentions are good.
And as I've become older I've become aware of Empathy and there ,for me,is the decision i now know i have to make for others feelings before i tell the truth and open the chasm that is my mouth and let the fallout be heard.
My grandad once said to me "you're the master of what you think but the slave of what you say".

Vistravi
03-Jul-09, 18:52
I tell it how it is when i have to when it comes to unwanted attention or when someone has truly deserved to be cut into shreads. The last person i had to do that to was my partners best mate after he left my friend his gf to bring up his son on her own. she was only 17 when he left her. due to religious beliefs and personal reasons she would not give up the bairn and now has a lovely bouncy baby boy who is better of without that childish and inconsiderate father of his. I have no time for people like that.

cuddlepop
06-Jul-09, 14:33
I'm being very good,havent once said "told you so";)

Oh away back home now so thats us alone "together" he reckons twenty four hours until we fall out.:lol:

teenybash
06-Jul-09, 15:04
I did I know its brilliant as she doesnt log on here so I can vent my

"Na na ne na na told you so.:lol:"

Teeny, have set myself a stict budget but I've been warned the shops are pratically giving the clothes away.

I'll buy you an icecream when I'm down at Largs,Nardines has recently reopened,yum,yum yum.:D

You have brought back such a craving just mentioning Nardini's and all those bargains you will be wading through in good old Glasgow..........;)

purplelady
06-Jul-09, 23:54
tell you daughther she is better off without him and he is a guttless you know what for dumping her on MSN X

Lolabelle
07-Jul-09, 07:59

I don't think we're ever too old for some comfort and a hug from mum or dad. :)

PS, I do tend to tell it like it is, but nowdays I try to be a bit tactful and diplomatic, as I can be a bit too blunt sometimes. So now I tend to wait until asked before offering a negative opinion, but if not asked, I don't make any comment at all. (at least in real life that is)

golach
07-Jul-09, 08:53

When I was a Merchant Seaman, had more "Dear John" letters from the current loves of my life, never ran to my parents, couldna I was thousands of miles away, getting dumped is part of growing up, you just had to get on with life.
The normal routine of getting a "Dear John" letter was to pin it on the public notice board for all the crew to see and have a good laugh. Getting dumped never had a lasting effect.